This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bijbij View Post
    The commentator said it on the video of the highlights. I will put the link here, but i am not sure if non dutch members can watch it. At the 1 minute mark u can hear it.

http://www.rtlxl.nl/?&_ga=1.70442451...3-e4523da6722c
    And he was talking to Vlaar and some staff members where he was making gestures about it.
    sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Why JB is the only one in the stadium to completly collapse emotionnally and cry like that?! He is supposed to be high level athlete and able to control his emotions.
        You can't blame a player for getting emotional. They are running on waves of emotions and adrenaline throughout a match. It's the coaches job to channel the emotion and keep his team on track. Clearly that didn't happen as their game plan fell apart. A coach has to get his team to rally for their teammate and win it for him.

On another not Wuytens seems ok, he did an interview on AZ facebook page to this effect. Also nice to see so many Alireza banners and Iran flags in the stadium. The kid is becoming a star in Holland...hope he is considering bigger and better for the future.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Comment 3 to vote for alireza's goal against willem II for the goal of the week.
          https://www.facebook.com/FOXSportsnl...5973854797372/

Comment

He could've saved his fingers by turning him on his side, just saying. But well done to him, glad he didn't lose any fingers.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by P.Nima View Post
              He could've saved his fingers by turning him on his side, just saying. But well done to him, glad he didn't lose any fingers.

That works if the player is vomitting, not if the tongue is lodged in your throat. Also immediately following a potential head/spinal injury you shouldn't move the person or as little as possible until the head, neck, and/or spine is stabilized.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                That works if the player is vomitting, not if the tongue is lodged in your throat. Also immediately following a potential head/spinal injury you shouldn't move the person or as little as possible until the head, neck, and/or spine is stabilized.

The recovery position does prevent an unconscious person from swallowing his tongue, not only vomiting. But good point about the spinal injury. That's why every football field needs trained personnel with the right equipment.

Comment

Unfortunately, Dutch AZ fans on their own board write negative things about Jahanbakhsh and the incident as well. Saying he is mentally the weakest player in the team.

Some people are just assholes. Bottom line is that there are ''tough'' people everywhere, and it's not a common PFDC problem only.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Nima View Post

You are correct. But unfortunately AJ was not trained to deal with this situation.

The common belief is that the person experiencing epilepsy would swallow their tongue, but that is a myth as swallowing your tongue is physically impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

dame Alireza garm, im certain he meant the best for his teammate and was the only one around who in midst of that shocking incidint still attempted to do something to help out his teammates..!!
                      the bold is sorta what ive been hearing too ..!?? just from watching American Football for years and seeing players get knocked unconscious a time or two ...!!

btw, once playing football in our College club team, on a counter chasing the play, our keeper (who was a bigass,fat dude) came out to make a last ditch tackle to save a sure goal and Broke the attacker's leg..! it made such a nasty crunch noise followed by a loudest agonizing scream ive ever heard...!!
                      the incident shocked me so bad that , made every hair in my body stand up and fell to ground and couldnt even get up for minutes..!!
                      outside my next older brother, im yet to meet a more fiercely intense, hardass competitor than myself, but nothing bring you quicker to the clear conclusion "That its Just a Game Afterall" than when you first hand bear witness to a participant getting hurt real bad in front of your eyes....!! like the sorta shitt that happened to ARJ..!!

Anyways im so glad to see the guy has recovered and doing well..!! that was a real nasty blow to the head ..!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        Unfortunately, Dutch AZ fans on their own board write negative things about Jahanbakhsh and the incident as well. Saying he is mentally the weakest player in the team.

Some people are just assholes. Bottom line is that there are ''tough'' people everywhere, and it's not a common PFDC problem only.
                        You mean there are stupid people everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                          You are correct. But unfortunately AJ was not trained to deal with this situation.

The common belief is that the person experiencing epilepsy would swallow their tongue, but that is a myth as swallowing your tongue is physically impossible.
                          You don't actually swallow your tongue but it can block the airway and stops the flow of oxygen to your lungs. That IS NOT a myth.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rezabmehr View Post
                            You don't actually swallow your tongue but it can block the airway and stops the flow of oxygen to your lungs. That IS NOT a myth.
                            This is true. If they knew CPR, then they should have tiltet the head or used jaw thrust for keeping a clear airway.

Comment

also quite common for people to bite their tongues off when they have epileptic seizures

Comment

Common for bitting their tongue, it's not common to bite a tongue off. This was clearly not an epileptic seizure, and even if it was, it is not recommended to stick you hand in after it, during a epileptic seizure, the focus should be to minimize the risk of physical damage by the surroundings, ie hitting into things. The shortness of breath during a normal seizure is short and will be regained momentarily.

Comment

Working...
                                X