• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quarter Final Europa League:

Ajax 2-0 Schalke

'62

Who said the Dutch league is weak?

Comment

Dutch league is very weak regardless of what Ajax does. They lost 5-2 on aggregate to fucking Rostov who can barely score a goal in their own league smh

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        Dutch league is very weak regardless of what Ajax does. They lost 5-2 on aggregate to fucking Rostov who can barely score a goal in their own league smh
        Anyway Ajax is only 90 minutes away from reaching the semi's now, I guess it's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Quarter Final Europa League:

Ajax 2-0 Schalke

'62

Who said the Dutch league is weak?
          I think you said it yourself quite a few times? And you were right, it is relatively a weak league , just because one team has a good run in europa league (not CL) after quite a few years doesn't mean much tbh

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ AZ Alkmaar | 2016/17

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
            I think you said it yourself quite a few times? And you were right, it is relatively a weak league , just because one team has a good run in europa league (not CL) after quite a few years doesn't mean much tbh
            I acknowledge the Eredivisie is weaker than several years ago, but not the amateur league people make it seem here.

But the top 3 are honestly a class above all other teams. Jahanbakhsh should really aim for a move to Ajax / PSV / Feyenoord if he wants to stay in Holland.

And let's not forget PSV also reached the Round of 16 of the Champions League 2015-16 season, only losing after PSO's to Atletico Madrid.

Comment

The more progress Ajax makes the better for JB and Reza. Ajax has actually looked better recently in truth

Comment

Ajax completely outclassed Schalke last night! It could have easily ended 5-0 or more for Ajax. Had not expected such a dominance by a Dutch team over a decent Bundesliga side.
                Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  I acknowledge the Eredivisie is weaker than several years ago, but not the amateur league people make it seem here.

But the top 3 are honestly a class above all other teams. Jahanbakhsh should really aim for a move to Ajax / PSV / Feyenoord if he wants to stay in Holland.

And let's not forget PSV also reached the Round of 16 of the Champions League 2015-16 season, only losing after PSO's to Atletico Madrid.
                  The Dutch is declining since begin 2000S. It is something everybody in The Netherlands itself would agree on, one or 2 good runs in CL or EL doesn't change that.
                  Eredivisie is surpassed by even 2nd German and English leagues , it has ever less quality players in the league.

One of the reasons is money, plain and simple ; where top leagues keep growing funds (mainly from TV rights, but also merchandising sales), Dutch teams grow in small digits and can only stand their and watch the gap widening.
                  Second reason is the use of artificial undeground, which causes great talents NOT to choose the eredivisie to play in.
                  Third reason is that the Dutch style is not withstanding modern power football, which asks huge physical and defense strength which the Dutch don't have (anymore). Last one was Jaap Stam for example.

The decline is underlined by the fact that the eredivisie is losing sight on again an direct CL / EL spot because of woeful performance in Europe.
                  And those of us that saw 'Oranje' , we can conclude that missing another big tournament (2nd in a row) is another sign of the Dutch downfall overall.

Still the league holds a 'OK' name in the World, but that too is changing gradually...
                  Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                  O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                    The Dutch is declining since begin 2000S. It is something everybody in The Netherlands itself would agree on, one or 2 good runs in CL or EL doesn't change that.
                    Eredivisie is surpassed by even 2nd German and English leagues , it has ever less quality players in the league.

One of the reasons is money, plain and simple ; where top leagues keep growing funds (mainly from TV rights, but also merchandising sales), Dutch teams grow in small digits and can only stand their and watch the gap widening.
                    Second reason is the use of artificial undeground, which causes great talents NOT to choose the eredivisie to play in.
                    Third reason is that the Dutch style is not withstanding modern power football, which asks huge physical and defense strength which the Dutch don't have (anymore). Last one was Jaap Stam for example.

The decline is underlined by the fact that the eredivisie is losing sight on again an direct CL / EL spot because of woeful performance in Europe.
                    And those of us that saw 'Oranje' , we can conclude that missing another big tournament (2nd in a row) is another sign of the Dutch downfall overall.

Still the league holds a 'OK' name in the World, but that too is changing gradually...
                    Eredivisie isn't surpassed by 2nd Bundesliga nor English Championship

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                      Eredivisie isn't surpassed by 2nd Bundesliga nor English Championship
                      really?
                      put their financial abilities next to the eredivisie teams and see players from top eredivisie teams signing with 2nd leagues of England & Germany.

but you can believe whatever you want to believe, i'm watching eredivisie closely since 1991
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                        really?
                        put their financial abilities next to the eredivisie teams and see players from top eredivisie teams signing with 2nd leagues of England & Germany.

but you can believe whatever you want to believe, i'm watching eredivisie closely since 1991
                        I just noticed your Ado Den Haag crest on your profile... still Ajax's progress definitely means something. It hasn't been all that bad just yet.

Comment

^ I think Payam is talking about the league and not the Top 3 or 5 clubs.

Comment

Yahanbax is starting

Comment

arj looking sharp today
                              shoulda had an assist and a goal by now midway through 1st half
                              0-0

Comment

And Jahanbakhsh scores!

Comment

Working...
                                X