Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honestly there are few strikers his age on a similar level talent wise to azmoun. 22 and under your really looking at dembele, mbappe lottin , martial, rashford, andre silva, Gabriel Jesus, and Timo Werner. Martial, rashford, and and Jesus arent in the market. So really just dembele, azmoun, mbappe, werner, and maybe two or three others. His resume if you look at his goals in all competitions this year and last year, the team hes playing for, the defensive league and physical league he is in, and the calibre of goals he has scored against top teams, and his performances against them, more than suggest he will succeed in top teams like Dortmund, Monaco, Sevilla, Villareal, Everton. Add to that his performances in high pressure situations for TM, and you get a player who at his age, has real experience on a big, stressful stage. This is something few forwards his age can add to resume. Even players like dembele,andre silva dont really have this. Lastly, his skillset of incredible in the air, good dribbling, very pacey on counter, and a good finisher makes him a really unique talent.

And to top it all off, he can be picked up for extremely less that any of the other players mentioned. Really an offer of around 15 mio euros would persuade rostov to sell given he has a year on his contract and they still arent comfortable financially...

Just proves his talent and enormous potential that if he goes a game without scoring, or gets subbed off early, or doesnt start after playing 90 mins three days before, PFDC members have a meltdown and try to cover up that meltdown with some weird bogus arguments about how shitty rostov is and why he should leave.

Comment

OMG wow a 22 year old didn't play 90 minutes for a champions league/Europa League team!! He should just quit and go to Persepolis!

Comment

Many here won't remember but when we had all those players in the Bundesliga, many here (and other Iranian forums) were criticizing them and saying that the Bundesliga is no where near the English, Italian and Spanish league. If they did something, like Vahid Hashemian scoring 16 goals in one season or Mahdavikia leading the Bundesliga in assist one year, they found ways to knock their achievements. Now it's historical revisionism that so many were happy when our players were in Europe BACK THEN. When in fact, it was the same attitude.

Iranians are habitual complainers.

Sardar Azmoun is a f'n monster - appreciate it and remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          OMG wow a 22 year old didn't play 90 minutes for a champions league/Europa League team!! He should just quit and go to Persepolis!
          those arguments are even more pathetic than what u just mentioned. azmoun scores against bayern, athletico, prague, anderlecht, ajax, dominates psv, scores two in league before united game. Then he doesnt start, comes on minute 60. " ROSTOV SUCK. SHITTY TEAM. AZMOUN IS STAGNATING. HE NEEDS TO GET OUT ASAP TO DUTCH LEAGUE SO HE CAN SCORE A LOT OF GOALS !"

These fools dont even realize, that scoring 1000000 goals in dutch league isnt going to help azmoun succeed in top leagues. Look at janssen,depay,kishna,etc,etc all of whom recently went to big european leagues and flat out failed ! Just because you can score against a bunch of nobody teams who havent heard the word defense in their life, doesnt mean you are getting more prepared to face the meanest defenses in europe. Being on a defensive team a defensive physical league is actually better preparing azmoun for the tough conditions he will face in the top leagues. Rostov have made him for more clinical and physically prepared. He knows he cant miss 10 chances a game cuz he only gets two. This is just basic logic...

Comment

Sardar Azmoun is the best player the world has ever seen! Just for you kids to be happy and can sleep well at night!

Now.... how come he doesn't get 90 minutes playing time but others like Poloz and Noboa do?

Out of all your qualified analyses, something is always left out. and that is the possibility that a football player can actually at times lose form! It happens to everyone! but apparently you think Azmoun is Superman himself! Never loses form, always at top!

Comment

Azmoun has scored against stronger defenses than Daei ever did and this is on his timeline. Daeis timeline doesnt even start for another year. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                Azmoun has scored against stronger defenses than Daei ever did
                Can you back such a bold claim with facts? I don't know how old you are and how much you know about Daei.

Comment

LOL! I never enjoyed Daei's attitude and certainly doesn't at all after his retirement, but comparing him with Sardar who didn't even cut it to a top league yet make me laugh.
                  The guy played for one of the best Bayern teams in last 20 something years and got a pretty decent playing time, he scored something like 9 goals in league if i am not wrong, coming lots of games off the bench and scoring some important goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    Can you back such a bold claim with facts? I don't know how old you are and how much you know about Daei.
                    I absolutely can. I started watching with the 1998 world cup just the start of Daei's european career. If you line up the teams in the CL Daei scored against the ones Azmoun did its pretty easy. Chelsea was no team like they are now.

Daei never scored more than 7 league goals in any one season in Europe. He had 25+ appearances in all of his seasons except his last so he was not a Chicharito of sorts at all. This is a guy on a team like 98/99 Bayern that had Salihamdzic and Lizarazu. Distribution was very present in that Bayern squad. Azmoun is dealing with long balls that he miraculously jumps through and heads over players that start for teams like Netherlands. We have no evidence yet as to whether Daei or Azmoun will do better than in the Bundesliga. I'm asking for fair analysis. Place Azmoun in place of Lewandowski on Bayern today and I'd imagine he score a lot more often.

Any tactician could tell you that a 6'4 Target man would struggle in a 5-3-2 counterattacking formation unless the wingback are world class(which Rostovs arent). Daei would struggle with Rostov and unless dimensional time travel becomes a thing we can never tell.

I don't think we should compare Sardar/Daei either as they are two completely different players. In reference to my original post, Azmoun scored a goal vs Atletico Madrid/Bayern at the same age that Daei was in Bank Tejarat.

Comment

I absolutely can. I started watching with the 1998 world cup just the start of Daei's european career. If you line up the teams in the CL Daei scored against the ones Azmoun did its pretty easy. Chelsea was no team like they are now.
                      Daei never scored more than 7 league goals in any one season in Europe. He had 25+ appearances in all of his seasons except his last so he was not a Chicharito of sorts at all. This is a guy on a team like 98/99 Bayern that had Salihamdzic and Lizarazu. Distribution was very present in that Bayern squad. Azmoun is dealing with long balls that he miraculously jumps through and heads over players that start for teams like Netherlands. We have no evidence yet as to whether Daei or Azmoun will do better than in the Bundesliga. I'm asking for fair analysis. Place Azmoun in place of Lewandowski on Bayern today and I'd imagine he score a lot more often.
                      Any tactician could tell you that a 6'4 Target man would struggle in a 5-3-2 counterattacking formation unless the wingback are world class(which Rostovs arent). Daei would struggle with Rostov and unless dimensional time travel becomes a thing we can never tell.
                      I don't think we should compare Sardar/Daei either as they are two completely different players. In reference to my original post, Azmoun scored a goal vs Atletico Madrid/Bayern at the same age that Daei was in Bank Tejarat.
                      Ali Daei is the greatest Asian EVER striker by far.

Yet, the case you make shows you what a special talent Sardar is. Let's appreciate. I cannot believe we have people here denigrating a 22 year old and what's so far accomplished. While some praise the over-rated, nothing-yet-accomplished Omar AbdulRahman, who if he was Iranian, would not even be counted as someone to even see. So much self-hate in the Iranian community.

Maybe some other country deserves the likes of Daei and Sardar over Iranians . At least they can be appreciated. On PFDC Twitter, we constantly get replies and comments on how special Azmoun is by foreigners, yet our resident goozballs here cannot see that.

Reminds me of a Jay-Z quote: "Hov got flow though he's no Big and Pac, but he's close. How I'm supposed to win? They got me fighting ghosts"

Comment

I'm sorry but it's so lame to bring up Daei's record in Europe, at a time when games in Asia coincided with games in Europe! At that time, Daei had to leave the games of his club, to play for TM! That made him not be favored as a 90 minute player in all games.

But you don't want to bring up or you don't remember Daei's goal against few of the best defenders in "the history" of the game (against that time's AC Milan)! You can not claim that about Azmoun! In addition to that, Daei was playing for a Bayern that was considered one of the absolute best teams in Europe! They won the CL that year! It's really laughable that Azmoun is being compared with Daei! Compared to Daei's achivements, Azmoun is still in elementary school!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                          Ali Daei is the greatest Asian EVER striker by far.
                          Yet, the case you make shows you what a special talent Sardar is. Let's appreciate. I cannot believe we have people here denigrating a 22 year old and what's so far accomplished. While some praise the over-rated, nothing-yet-accomplished Omar AbdulRahman, who if he was Iranian, would not even be counted as someone to even see. So much self-hate in the Iranian community.
                          Maybe some other country deserves the likes of Daei and Sardar over Iranians . At least they can be appreciated. On PFDC Twitter, we constantly get replies and comments on how special Azmoun is by foreigners, yet our resident goozballs here cannot see that.
                          Reminds me of a Jay-Z quote: "Hov got flow though he's no Big and Pac, but he's close. How I'm supposed to win? They got me fighting ghosts"
                          I only have to say..... Azmoun isn't favored as a 90 minute player during the whole season, because of being highly inconsistent, yet emotional members like you think he should win the Asian best player award ahead of everyone else!

That rather shows your illogical biased mind in favor of Azmoun!

Ps. Yes, now you've been proved that OmarAbdulrahman is at least much more consistent than Azmoun!

Comment

I only have to say..... Azmoun isn't favored as a 90 minute player during the whole season, because of being highly inconsistent, yet emotional members like you think he should win the Asian best player award ahead of everyone else!
                            That rather shows your illogical biased mind in favor of Azmoun!
                            Ps. Yes, now you've been proved that OmarAbdulrahman is at least much more consistent than Azmoun!
                            Highly inconsistent? Rostov ALWAYS substitutes their strikers. They are a defensive team. Defensive teams sub their strikers. It's basic mathematics and basic knowledge of the game. You think it has to do with Azmoun rather than the coaches' tactics. And he got 90 minutes a couple weeks ago.

How have I proved that about OAR? Based on what? Is being obtuse a part of your MO?

BTW, this so-called inconsistent 22-year old was voted as the fourth best player last year in the RPL by managers and players, was recognized by Mourinho & Man U as the star player of Rostov etc. but yes, what the hell do they know. We have resident coaches like Sly, who couldn't get a job coaching under-8 year olds.

Comment

I'm sorry but it's so lame to bring up Daei's record in Europe, at a time when games in Asia coincided with games in Europe! At that time, Daei had to leave the games of his club, to play for TM! That made him not be favored as a 90 minute player in all games.
                              But you don't want to bring up or you don't remember Daei's goal against few of the best defenders in "the history" of the game (against that time's AC Milan)! You can not claim that about Azmoun! In addition to that, Daei was playing for a Bayern that was considered one of the absolute best teams in Europe! They won the CL that year! It's really laughable that Azmoun is being compared with Daei! Compared to Daei's achivements, Azmoun is still in elementary school!
                              I'm sorry what? Athletico Madrid is a defensive powerhouse (in their home too!), as is Bayern Munich.

Baba, stop the bullshit. The same people that know treat Ali Karimi like a god were condemning him left and right back in the day saying he was a useless player.

Go kick rocks Sly, and take that useless chump OAR with you. Hasn't done shit, won't ever do shit.

Comment

Lol I really don't see how someone could even THINK Azmoun is a lesser player than AOR or Daei.
                                Yes Daei has achieved more in TM, definitely and it's way too soon to say Azmoun would be a bigger player for TM, but every facet is pointing that way:

- At the age of 22!! he has scored 'CL' goals against Bayern, Atletico, Ajax and Anderlecht in his FIRST!! year/try. This is not only exceptional by Iranian standards but by any standards. As an example, look at Janssen. Dutch people were going bonkers over him because he scored some goals in the Dutch league and the Spurs bought him for over 20 million euros. But how many goals did he score in Europe again(not even CL)? I'll tell you, 3 out of 15 games. Also it's good to know that Janssen is actually half a year older than Azmoun.

- He was voted as the 4th BEST PLAYER of the league, that has some well known players. Even more spectacular that he achieved this at the age of 21!

- He had scored 16 goals already for TM BEFORE his 22nd birthday, even more impressive in ONLY 22 games.

- He has scored 30 goals in 29 GAMES!! for youth team of TM.
                                These are stats of a true star so far, and I'm not only speaking by Iranian standards. Ofcourse you'd never know where it will go from here, but if can't see the potential, you're blind!

Comment

Working...
                                X