This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Sardar's criticism has less to do with his goal or assist records than it has to do with his overall play. He doesn't even run as much as he used to anymore. He looks very uninterested during the games as if he's lost hunger and motivation. Motivation and hunger were not things that the player you mentioned lacked, was it? Otherwise I agree, not scoring and not assisting is not necessarily a result of player losing form.
    Lack of motivation is fair. I don't know how many of you play football regularly, but as a striker, it is absolutely demoralizing when your team is 10 men back, and you get only a couple of touches per game. I play a similar style to Sardar, and I can tell that when my team is pushing forward and pressing, I can score fairly well. When my team is ten men back, and I rarely get touches on the ball, I'm usually lethargic and play lazy. When I do get the ball, it is such a surprise that I end up losing it fairly quickly. Make the wrong decisions, don't run back, and just generally see the same thing happening to Sardar. 100% it is lack of motivation.

He will snap out of it, though. It is not perpetual. When Sardar is on a team that plays a lively attacking style and not just counterattacking all day, you can bet that he will show his potential. He's basically on his way out, and his accomplishments on a team like Rostov have been commendable. He will be okay, and anyone who doesn't still see that he will be a big player in the next 5 years is forgetting what he was playing like for TM and Rostov before. This time will pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      Lack of motivation is fair. I don't know how many of you play football regularly, but as a striker, it is absolutely demoralizing when your team is 10 men back, and you get only a couple of touches per game. I play a similar style to Sardar, and I can tell that when my team is pushing forward and pressing, I can score fairly well. When my team is ten men back, and I rarely get touches on the ball, I'm usually lethargic and play lazy. When I do get the ball, it is such a surprise that I end up losing it fairly quickly. Make the wrong decisions, don't run back, and just generally see the same thing happening to Sardar. 100% it is lack of motivation.

He will snap out of it, though. It is not perpetual. When Sardar is on a team that plays a lively attacking style and not just counterattacking all day, you can bet that he will show his potential. He's basically on his way out, and his accomplishments on a team like Rostov have been commendable. He will be okay, and anyone who doesn't still see that he will be a big player in the next 5 years is forgetting what he was playing like for TM and Rostov before. This time will pass.
      Of course, that's what everybody hope for, that this time passes as soon as possible. I don't know how professional you are though, but for a player like Azmoun, who's skills have been talked about over and over again and has been linked with top clubs, he really needs to get his act together and put this motivation thing behind. As a professional player you need to be performing in any team (defensive or not) you play in. He's not 17 years old anymore and has been playing professional football for 4-5 years! If he can not work on these issues now, he wont be progressing as he should.

Anyways, as for him being on his way out..... what makes you say that? Because as I've mentioned here before, I don't think Sardar will be leaving the RPL until the WC2018! Most probably he will stay in Rostov too.

Comment

It doesn't really help Sardar When Rostov can't create much chances.

Before the game against Spartak, Rostov had managed to score more than a goal a game in only 2 of their last 12 games.

Of that run, they went on a 6-game scoreless streak.

According to WhoScored, Sardar averages 1.3 shots per game.

Let's compare this to regular EPL attackers:

Costa (Chelsea): 3.2
        Kane (Spurs): 3.2
        Firmino (Pool): 2.9
        Aguero (Man City): 4.4
        Ibra (5th place): 4.1
        Lukaku (Everton): 2.9
        Sanchez (Arsenal): 3.4
        Rondon (West Brom): 2.2
        Gabbiadini (Saints): 3.3
        Zarate (Watford): 2.7
        Bony (Stoke): 2.1
        Benteke(Palace): 3
        Stanislas(B'mouth): 1.9
        Antonio(West Ham): 2.7
        Mahrez(Leicester): 2.1
        Barnes (Burnley): 1.8
        Grosicki(Hull): 2.1
        Sigurdsson(Swans): 3.1
        Negredo (M'Borough): 2
        Defoe(Sunderland): 2.5

All 20 teams have attackers with more shots per game than Sardar. Even Middlesbrough, who can't score a goal to save their lives, have a striker with more shots per game than Sardar.

I get the criticism, but we can't fully blame Sardar for this poor run in form.

Comment

The unluckiest thing for Azmoun is that this season a whole bunch of new talent has shown up from all the leagues and kinda taken away the hype there was from him. He really should have taken the opportunity to move somewhere last season or mid season when he was getting hyped up and everyone taking about him.

Yeah scouts still have tabs on him and still following him but younger prospects are coming through thick and fast. Hopefully he's done enough for a team to take a chance on him.

Comment

"Arsenal also had a scout at Rostov's recent 0-0 draw with CSKA Moscow which featured Sardar Azmoun - a player who this season has proved himself capable against European heavyweights in the Champions League."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/arsenal...#/.WQKVj_krLRY

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
              "Arsenal also had a scout at Rostov's recent 0-0 draw with CSKA Moscow which featured Sardar Azmoun - a player who this season has proved himself capable against European heavyweights in the Champions League."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/arsenal...#/.WQKVj_krLRY
              Good to hear that clubs like Arsenal still haven't lost interest in him despite his recent dip in form.

Comment

to Arsenal, this summer, would be a dream move from Sardar's perspective..! but i still think kurban is gonna yet convince him to extend his Rostov contract till after WC..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  to Arsenal, this summer, would be a dream move from Sardar's perspective..! but i still think kurban is gonna yet convince him to extend his Rostov contract till after WC..!
                  Kurban ghalat kard

Comment

Guys you should really not take it serious when PFDC gets down on a player.

As a fan I am super not happy about him not scoring but we make the situation so black and white when there is so much complexity.

Watch the match, the guys is always heavily covered by opponents which takes attention away from the other players who are scoring and in a better team he will flourish offensively a lot.

Professionals don't just notice the surface stuff that we do, otherwise we would all be scouts.

Just be patient and he will go somewhere good.

I think we have learnt the lesson of patients plenty of times - Karim, Ali Karimi, Mohammadi, Azmoun (Champions league).

Comment

We have an attacker playing in an ultra-defensive team scoring against the likes of Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Ajax etc. in this season. He scored the winner against South Korea in Tehran.

He is young and developing. I dont care what people say but he has had an amazing season!!

The time has come that he realise that he is too big for Rostov and has to get out of there as soon as possible!

Comment

As an Arsenal fan, believe me when I say it would be a horrible move for Sardar. He's nowhere near ready, and would likely spend every waking minute glued to the bench or not in the squad at all. He needs a mid-sized team to snap him up before he eventually gets a big move to a club like Arsenal, Liverpool, etc.

Comment

England is a terrible market to step into for a player from Russia.
                          The media and fans would eat him alive.
                          Germany is the next best bet for him.

Comment

He clearly hasn't matured enough and is still way too emotional and inconsistent to succeed in big teams like Arsenal or Liverpool. He should ideally move to a mid table club in top 4 league (Ideally La Liga) and I'm pretty sure he will have offers from there even if he doesn't perform well enough in the remaining games this season.

Comment

Ive played in ultra defensive setups before as lone striker. It can definitely get to you.

Unfortunately, most scouts have heavy pressure on them and usually pay if their player scouted turns up to be no good and they dont take risks.

I think the logical move for Azmoun is to go to Ligue 1 or La Liga in a midtable lower midtable team. Getting out of Russia and into a top5 League will do much more for him mediawise and make any more step ups much easier.

He should assess his options and for him it should not be a risk to leave this summer, since there is a 99% chance he will be on our WC roster regardless of where he plays.

Comment

Most of our players have been successful in Germany. If he can get a move to a Bundesliga team it would be fantastic, especially seeing that German teams cultivate young talent extremely well.
                                Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                                محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                                - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Working...
                                X