Mexico v Chile & Iran v Chile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexico v Chile & Iran v Chile

I know it is a big stretch comparing the games since the TM match was 1) a friendly and 2) over a year ago. But it was somewhat shocking to see Mexico get beaten by Chile 7-0 this past Saturday, while our TM was able to have a respectable win against one of the better teams of South America.

I am not very familiar with the current line up of the Chilean team, and how it has changed since the friendly game against TM, but I wanted to know what you guys think?

while we did well against chile, they are proving to be a tournament team who basically tests out variations in friendlies, and performs on the big stage. I am proud of TM for that result and we have definitely grown, but I wouldn't read too much into it. I was at the game this past Saturday and Chile are really one of the top 5-10 teams in the world

Comment

Vidal didnt play when we played Chile and he's like half their team. I'm not sure Chile can make it past Colombia without Vidal. However, we held up really well against them, although it was a friendly, they were getting ready for copa America which they ended up winning.

Mexico got humiliated though, i pray to God that never happens to us.

Comment

The same forward that scored four goals played against us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

It was really painful to see Mexico getting humiliated with 7-0. Honestly they are still a decent side. I wouldn't like any team and their fans to get ashamed of like that, except for Persian Gulf countries maybe.

Comment

I don't know what it takes for some doubters here to believe, but current Iran is a very decent side and we can hold our own against big teams easily.

our only problem was speed (especially against european teams) but now with likes of Mohmmadi our speed problem is not that much of an issue

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
              I don't know what it takes for some doubters here to believe, but current Iran is a very decent side and we can hold our own against big teams easily.

our only problem was speed (especially against european teams) but now with likes of Mohmmadi our speed problem is not that much of an issue
              The biggest draw back that always haunted TM was lack of discipline. Of all the years following TM, I think from the WC2014 line up till now we have a very disciplined TM. Dare I say if we qualify for WC2018, we probably have a decent chance of progressing to the next round if IFF manages to keep things together.

Comment

Aside from Vidal, Alexis Sanchez didn't play against us also. I think we can put up a decent fight against them right now. Our defense is pretty legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork View Post
                  Aside from Vidal, Alexis Sanchez didn't play against us also. I think we can put up a decent fight against them right now. Our defense is pretty legit.
                  He played in the 2nd half

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    It was really painful to see Mexico getting humiliated with 7-0. Honestly they are still a decent side. I wouldn't like any team and their fans to get ashamed of like that, except for Persian Gulf countries maybe.
                    They don't have fans, and for most of them they don't have players either but mercenaries.

Comment

[QUOTE=04041374;2385799]He played in the 2nd half
                      [IMG]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/26/21/27063FFA00000578

Good find. Thanks for the reminder.
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Don't forget guys, we didn't have some of our most talented players available at the time like Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh due to youth call ups. Also, Ezatolahi was not being utilized at the time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                          The biggest draw back that always haunted TM was lack of discipline. Of all the years following TM, I think from the WC2014 line up till now we have a very disciplined TM. Dare I say if we qualify for WC2018, we probably have a decent chance of progressing to the next round if IFF manages to keep things together.
                          agreed totally..! especially so on the "Discipline" point which has been by far TM's biggest Achilles heel for ages and has curtailed our progress on numerous other occasions in the past..!
                          i believe, here in the last year or so, CQ has truly hit his strides with our TM....!!
                          i envision a very promising WCQ campaign, followed by our very best ever WC performances if IFF can somehow sidestep constant hashieh keep hold of Carlito ..!! It would be a crying shame if the ever-present, selfish dakheli mofos in our football succeed in derailing his meticulously planned preparations for WCQs and beyond..!!

that Mexican rape-age and embarrassing complete debacle was the result of the team's lack of discipline and falls squarely on their hapless coach, not having his players mentally and physically ready to meet that challenge...!! No fking way in their wildest dreams could Chile, or even Argentines could run riots on CQ's TM like that..!! CQ's all out pressing defense wouldnt give any team the time and space needed to ravage us so easily as Chile did to mexico and with our much improved of late counter-attaking youth and prowess, we stand a very good chance of even blushing such opponents with a reversal if they get too carried away in their attempts to overwhelm us offensively..!!

Comment

Working...
                          X