3. Mehdi Taremi 6 goals in 11 games (0,54) since 2015
    4. Reza Ghoochannejhad 13 goals in 28 matches (0,45) since 2012
    5. Vahid Hashemian 15 goals in 50 matches (0,30) 1998 - 2009
    6. Arash Borhani 10 goals in 37 games (0,27) 2003 - 2010
    7. Reza Enayati 8 goals in 30 matches (0,26) 2002 - 2008
    8. Gholam Rezaei 11 goals in 50 games (0,22) 2008 - 2013
    9. Karim Ansarifard 11 goals in 52 games (0,21) since 2009
    10. Rasoul Khatibi 5 goals in 27 games (0,18) 1998 - 2008

4 of these players (Azmoun, Taremi, Gucci, Ansarifard) are current TM players by the way

Hashemian's performances have been horrendously overrated for Iran. He's actually been relatively poor, Azmoun has already matched him.....

Gholam Rezaei was pretty garbage as well, never managed to score a brace and I partly blame him for missing out in the 2010 WC. So many fucking chances wasted because of him.

Comment

Taremi hasn't scored against any good teams yet.
      Azmoun has proven that he just scores, regardless.
      Taremi has a lot of promise but until he makes an impact in some serious games I won't make a serious judgement on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
        Thought this could be interesting
        Players with more than 10 appereances listed

1. Sardar Azmoun 15 goals in 18 games (0,83) since 2014
        2. Ali Daei 109 goals in 149 games (0,73) 1993 - 2006
        3. Mehdi Taremi 6 goals in 11 games (0,54) since 2015
        4. Reza Ghoochannejhad 13 goals in 28 matches (0,45) since 2012
        5. Vahid Hashemian 15 goals in 50 matches (0,30) 1998 - 2009
        6. Arash Borhani 10 goals in 37 games (0,27) 2003 - 2010
        7. Reza Enayati 8 goals in 30 matches (0,26) 2002 - 2008
        8. Gholam Rezaei 11 goals in 50 games (0,22) 2008 - 2013
        9. Karim Ansarifard 11 goals in 52 games (0,21) since 2009
        10. Rasoul Khatibi 5 goals in 27 games (0,18) 1998 - 2008

4 of these players (Azmoun, Taremi, Gucci, Ansarifard) are current TM players by the way
        Haven't you missed Azizi in your list?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          Haven't you missed Azizi in your list?
          When in the last 10 years did he play for TM?
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
            When in the last 10 years did he play for TM?
            Well, Daei's 109 goals started from 1993! Hashemian and Khatibi from 98! but anyways, I guess you have a point.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
              Hashemian's performances have been horrendously overrated for Iran. He's actually been relatively poor, Azmoun has already matched him.....
              Gholam Rezaei was pretty garbage as well, never managed to score a brace and I partly blame him for missing out in the 2010 WC. So many fucking chances wasted because of him.
              Hashemian? Really? He scored some really important goals for Iran, including both goals against Japan when we won 2-1 in wc 2006 qualifying. He also scored that super important goal against Qatar, which barely got us into the final qualification round in the first place. Without him, we wouldn't have even qualified for the 2006 world cup. He's actually one of the best, most skilled strikers we've ever had.

You can't just look at his scoring record. During his peak we had an aging Ali daei who had to be guaranteed a starting spot upfront every match. Had he been off the team like he should have, Hashemian would have had more opportunities to score.

Comment

you say 10 years and then bring in Daei, Khatibi, Enayati, ... ?
                I dont get it.

I dont know but in my view, "effective" may ot necessarily equal to "numbers".
                therefore while X may have a arge number, the effect and impact of a player may not be reflected in those numbers.
                for example a striker may have higher STATS because he's scored more goals against low quality teams, while another may have scored less, but against higher quality opposition and have had more impact.

therefore while I agree Azmoun has done extremely well, especially given his age, RGN has had far more IMPACT and EFFECT on TM's fortunes.
                others have come and gone or dipped. But the above two stand out imo. And I still give RGN an edge, since the question is on the player's impact and effect and not merely "numbers"

Comment

I also agree that VH is unjustifiably overestimated and over-rated.
                  apart from a couple of nice goals against japan and maybe another coule of games, he's been quite average at best.

In fact I'd say AZIZI has had far more impact on TM's fortunes if we bring in the past 2-3 decades.

Comment

Didnt include Azizi because he last played for TM in either 2004 or 2005.
                    Past 10 years means players who still played for TM in 2006. (2016 - 10 = 2006)

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      I also agree that VH is unjustifiably overestimated and over-rated.
                      apart from a couple of nice goals against japan and maybe another coule of games, he's been quite average at best.
                      In fact I'd say AZIZI has had far more impact on TM's fortunes if we bring in the past 2-3 decades.
                      People can say whatever they want about Hashemian but if 3 players played a major role in 06 qualification, Vahid is on top of that list as Gucci was in 2014.
                      Don't forget he was added to NT when we were in trouble after losing 0-1 at home to Jordan in first round of WCQ and not even final round.
                      Against Qatar we were only few seconds to miss the WC in first round in a very dramatic way, a draw could have qualified Qatar for second round and after scoring first goal, vahid scored his second in 90+ minutes to let Iran win the match miraculously 3-2. His impact for TM started way before final round against Japan

Comment

It's sad that most PFDC members are too young to know Pious.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Not to mention that Hashemian was mostly used out of position, as a winger in a 4-2-3-1 formation by Branko, in order to keep an old by-then useless Daei playing upfront. If anything, Hashemian was underrated and not given the chances that he deserved. If Branko had the guts to bench Daei and use Hashemian as our striker, we might have had a decent chance at the 2006 World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            It's sad that most PFDC members are too young to know Pious.
                            Pious was a very good finisher however in today's game you need to do more than just scoring shine and survive. Just same as Bavi who was very strong on header but weak on ground..

Comment

Originally posted by Mani View Post
                              Not to mention that Hashemian was mostly used out of position, as a winger in a 4-2-3-1 formation by Branko, in order to keep an old by-then useless Daei playing upfront. If anything, Hashemian was underrated and not given the chances that he deserved. If Branko had the guts to bench Daei and use Hashemian as our striker, we might have had a decent chance at the 2006 World Cup.
                              Actually Branko used a 4-4-2 diamond. And then switched to 4-4-2 DM for the world cup due to Zandis injury.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                              X