Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iranian investment funds looking to buy Olympique de Marseille?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranian investment funds looking to buy Olympique de Marseille?

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Li...dlvrit=1931450

French source that is not the most reliable.

The current owner of Marseille is looking to sell the club (which is a complete sh1thole at the moment) and is a studying an offer from an iranian investment funds that looks "very serious" and "extremely solid". They say the invesments funds doesn't represent the iranian state.

This would be amazing.

Comment

http://forum.lephoceen.fr/threads/72...de-quot/page11

http://www.footmercato.net/breves/om...du-club_179638

Comment

by that you mean a fund INSIDE Iran?
        highly improbable that they arent linked to the regime ... especially indirectly

Comment

I think its just a crazy rumor. Even the most legitimate organizations in Iran wouldn't be allowed to invest in European football.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            by that you mean a fund INSIDE Iran?
            highly improbable that they arent linked to the regime ... especially indirectly
            I think it is a private guy or group that isn't directly like with IR.

Comment

Its a Bache Akhund , son of a high ranking person most probably!

Comment

Sepah connection most probably.

Comment

As much as I would like to have an Iranian own a popular European FC, but I don't trust these Sepah, Bacheh Akhounds, they will only make us look bad in front of the world.

Hopefully if this guy gets ownership he doesn't screw up.

Comment

it seems like Iran Air is involved as well!

Comment

Hopefully they bring some Iranian players with them.

Comment

OM has always been my favorite French club...! i used to follow them some decades ago more closely.

sounds awful far fetched, especially if they claim that the buying consortium have IR or any inside Iran connections..!!

may be its an eu based, khar-pool iranain ex pat....?

Comment

Officially on sale since April, Olympique de Marseille would have caught in his netsan Iranian investment fund. According to France Football, Margarita Louis-Dreyfus is currently in discussions with an Iranian company, headed by Iran Air, the airline.

The weekly advance this buyer would be willing to grant to the OM, a colossal budget of EUR 500 million - as much as that of the PSG - against a current envelope ofEUR 100 million. «OM is regarded in Iran as a mythical team, said Mehdi Rostampoor, Iran, France 24 journalist. Even though most Iranians support today Paris Saint-Germain, the club has had a lot of fans in the 1990s, at the time of Bernard Tapie»

That would be Bernard Laporte, manager on the departure of the RC Toulon, whohave served as intermediary. "You him learn me, responded the candidate to the French Rugby Federation on the Phocéen. It would have been pleased, but I'm not aware. That said, I have a friend who had come to see me at the Ministry and whichwas already in relation to the Iran. It was the import/export and the Iran wanted tocommunicate, open his country. What is he would have spoken on my behalf? I'll find out.

http://www.20minutes.fr/marseille/18...-millions-club

Comment

Buy it and then have at least 4 Iranian starters ALWAYS

Everton the same ; we will take over Europe
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

There is no way Iran air has enough cash to buy a football team. This money is as dirty as it gets.

Comment

Working...
                              X