No announcement yet.

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan has joined to train with the Hull City squad who are currently at camp in Marbella, Spain:

"Former Peterborough defender Ryan Tafazolli training with Hull City in Marbella

The centre-back is a free agent after ending a three-year stay at London Road this summer

Former Peterborough defender Ryan Tafazolli has joined up with Hull City for their training camp in Marbella this week in a bid to earn a contract ahead of the new season.

The 27-year-old is a free agent after leaving London Road at the end of last term and would add depth to the centre of City’s defence.

Tafazolli previously played under Grant McCann at Peterborough, where he was one of the City head coach’s first signings in the summer of 2016.

The centre-back was initially on the books of Southampton as a youngster but eventually found his feet in senior football during a three years with Mansfield Town in League Two.

Tafazolli, who was previously linked with City during the January window, has over 250 career appearances to his name but has yet to play in the Championship.

It is understood Tafazolli has trained with the Tigers at their base in the Spanish resort of Marbella since flying out yesterday.

It is currently unclear if he will be included in the squad that faces Leyton Orient in City’s opening pre-season friendly tomorrow night."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...azolli-3067647
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/hu...otential-move/

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
      Ryan has joined to train with the Hull City squad who are currently at camp in Marbella, Spain:

"Former Peterborough defender Ryan Tafazolli training with Hull City in Marbella

The centre-back is a free agent after ending a three-year stay at London Road this summer

Former Peterborough defender Ryan Tafazolli has joined up with Hull City for their training camp in Marbella this week in a bid to earn a contract ahead of the new season.

The 27-year-old is a free agent after leaving London Road at the end of last term and would add depth to the centre of City’s defence.

Tafazolli previously played under Grant McCann at Peterborough, where he was one of the City head coach’s first signings in the summer of 2016.

The centre-back was initially on the books of Southampton as a youngster but eventually found his feet in senior football during a three years with Mansfield Town in League Two.

Tafazolli, who was previously linked with City during the January window, has over 250 career appearances to his name but has yet to play in the Championship.

It is understood Tafazolli has trained with the Tigers at their base in the Spanish resort of Marbella since flying out yesterday.

It is currently unclear if he will be included in the squad that faces Leyton Orient in City’s opening pre-season friendly tomorrow night."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...azolli-3067647
      https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/hu...otential-move/
      Interesting thanks for sharing. I hope he impresses and lands himself a contract!

Comment

He'd have to play really well to get considered. Now that Salimi has been called up. I don't see how Tafazolli has a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
          He'd have to play really well to get considered. Now that Salimi has been called up. I don't see how Tafazolli has a chance.
          Maybe he can be called up instead of Cheshmi + the vacancy in Montazeri’s position. Also do you know what happened to Salimi? Wasn’t he in Braga?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
            Maybe he can be called up instead of Cheshmi + the vacancy in Montazeri’s position. Also do you know what happened to Salimi? Wasn’t he in Braga?
            Salimi had a very good season with Tractor. He is as good if not better than Kanaani.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              Yes, he still deserves to be call up because he is playing at a higher level of football that most our defenders are not in Iran or Qatar League! Honestly there is no challenging for his position at CB and he is the one challenging PAG for his spot since he plays in Al-Arabi Qatar. Once again, we must test him for TM in order to truly evaluate his performances as his TM performances will be more crucial than his club ones.
              Lol at comparing him to Pouraliganji, you lost it mate. He's way overrated by some members here, plus he plays in the third and second tier of an overrated football nation. He's no where near our top 10 central defenders to even be called up, watcha talkin' bout' Willis.

The same defenders who play in our league own some of the best forwards in the world. Take your inferiority complex somewhere else lad. We are no Philippines.

Comment

Ryan started and played the first 45 in Hull City's friendly vs. Leyton Orient. Match ended in a 2-2 draw:

"Ryan Tafazolli impresses in Hull City's friendly opener in Marbella

The centre-back is a free agent after leaving Peterborough last month

Ryan Tafazolli was handed a start in Hull City’s opening pre-season friendly against Leyton Orient in Marbella and took his chance well in the 2-2 draw.

The defender, who left Peterborough United at the end of last season, is currently training with Grant McCann’s squad in a bid to earn a contract at the KCOM Stadium.

Tafazolli started in defence alongside Reece Burke and the new centre-back pairing had an early impact, but at the other end of the pitch as Tafazolli cushioned down a Jarrod Bowen corner before Burke smashed the ball in for the first goal of pre-season.

The former Posh player caused problems throughout his appearance when going up for set pieces, while he looked cool at the back alongside Burke, with a good understanding between the pairing.

Settled on the ball, Tafazolli will have been pleased with his efforts in his 45 minute appearance and will hope for another good display against Lincoln Red imps on Friday night."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...-debut-3073920

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                  Ryan started and played the first 45 in Hull City's friendly vs. Leyton Orient. Match ended in a 2-2 draw:

"Ryan Tafazolli impresses in Hull City's friendly opener in Marbella

[ATTACH]18514[/ATTACH]

The centre-back is a free agent after leaving Peterborough last month

Ryan Tafazolli was handed a start in Hull City’s opening pre-season friendly against Leyton Orient in Marbella and took his chance well in the 2-2 draw.

The defender, who left Peterborough United at the end of last season, is currently training with Grant McCann’s squad in a bid to earn a contract at the KCOM Stadium.

Tafazolli started in defence alongside Reece Burke and the new centre-back pairing had an early impact, but at the other end of the pitch as Tafazolli cushioned down a Jarrod Bowen corner before Burke smashed the ball in for the first goal of pre-season.

The former Posh player caused problems throughout his appearance when going up for set pieces, while he looked cool at the back alongside Burke, with a good understanding between the pairing.

Settled on the ball, Tafazolli will have been pleased with his efforts in his 45 minute appearance and will hope for another good display against Lincoln Red imps on Friday night."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...-debut-3073920
                  thanks for the update aenima jaan hopefully he makes the cut and can perform well - would be great to have a CB in the championship even though I'm not convinced he is better than most of our younger options, he definitely does add a different dimension to TM if called upon. I'd be surprised if wilmots wouldn't give him a chance in a camp in the near future if he does make the cut
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He's so bad though [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Don't judge the guy off of one game

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think he would ever play for TM in a competitive fixture. I am not saying he isn't better than our defenders...

It's just that the unit of goalkeeper and centre-backs is sacrosanct. Unless we are going to completely change the way we have learnt to play over the last few years, they need to know each other inside out and be able to communicate instinctively. Native language skill and familiarity with the players around you is pretty much a must.

This isn't like a flank player coming in such as Zandi or even Ghoddos (for TM). If Zandi couldn't instinctively talk to Javad, it wasn't too much of an issue. But for a centre-back, hell even a full back like Beitashour, it is crucial.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                          Don't judge the guy off of one game

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          I've watched a lot of his games

Comment

this arya kid is deluded

Tafazolli is one of our better CB options for sure and deserves a chance for TM

He plays in a very competitive league and soon Hull, yet you think Salimi and co should start.... ok....

Comment

I've watched a lot of his games
                              And yet you actually think daneshgar is more worthy to test out?
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

very insightful comment haji

Comment

Working...
                                X