Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    No I mean the post says a fan page is linking this move, but I can’t find it :/ Has any other news reported on it? (E.g. Twitter, Sky Sports, etc)
    Well it’s just a rumor, but I trust my sources lol.. then again who knows

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      Greenguy4life is Shrek, look at his location and his username. It fits. Also just like Shrek he has an impeccable first touch and finishing ability.

Shrek for team Melli

Shrek?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

Shrek?
        Salam

Comment

Hull City in advanced talks with Ryan:

"Exclusive: Hull City in advanced talks to sign newly-available colossus

Hull City are in advanced talks to sign newly-available defensive giant Ryan Tafazolli, Football Insider can reveal.

The Championship club are in the final stage of discussions with the 27-year-old, who became a free agent when his contract at Peterborough expired at the end of last month.

A Hull source has told Football Insider that the club are increasingly hopeful of tying up a deal for Tafazolli ahead of interest from rival Football League clubs.

The 6ft 4in centre-back has been targeted by new Hull boss Grant McCann, who knows him when from managing in League One at former club Doncaster Rovers.

McCann is convinced Tafazolli can be an excellent-value recruit as his club would not have to pay a transfer fee to get him.

The former Southampton youngster established himself as one of the best young defenders outside the top two divisions during his three years at Peterborough.

He has accumulated over 250 appearances in his career since leaving St Mary’s in 2012, with those almost evenly split between League One and League Two.

Tafazolli would be making a step up by moving to the Championship, but it is a measure of his progress that he has also been the subject of strong interest from Swansea City in recent weeks."

https://www.footballinsider247.com/h...ryan-tafazoli/

Comment

If he goes there then it’s his chance to prove himself at a higher level. See how good he actually is.

Comment

Honestly, Hull is a truly well and respected team, having reputable players like Polish international Kamil Grosicki, Norwegian international Markus Henriksen, and Australian international Jackson Irvine. If he secures this move he should be called up and challenge for Pouraliganji for his CB place.

Comment

Honestly, Hull is a truly well and respected team, having reputable players like Polish international Kamil Grosicki, Norwegian international Markus Henriksen, and Australian international Jackson Irvine. If he secures this move he should be called up and challenge for Pouraliganji for his CB place.
                I wouldn’t call him up straight away, this move will give the scouts a better understanding of his level against higher quality opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                  I wouldn’t call him up straight away, this move will give the scouts a better understanding of his level against higher quality opposition.
                  I agree. Only if he performs well, maybe MW should call him up.

I'm not sure on this either, because he's already 27, and championship is a decent league, but it depends on how well he really does and whether it's still enough to warrant calling up a 27 year old who may not be as good in 2022.

Comment

Do you follow Iran's football? He should be definetly called up since Montazeri retired and we do not have depth in that position, thus a vacancy is present in that position. Not sure what needs to be prooved if he plays football in the Championship for a team like Hull. Clearly he has been working for his an Iran call since his time at Mansfield Town, and granted he joins the Championship I'd easily take him over defenders from PGPL or Qatar League. Also this is semi-private that I shouldn't disclose (however it's evident if you look on his profile on Instagram seeing he follows Hashemian), Vahid Hashemian has been in contact with him so that maybe the sign of something.

Comment

I don't get why people are so scared of calling this guy up. Not like we're taking the opportunity of playing for England away from him, as that's obviously not going to happen. Let's call him up. Worst case scenario, he never gets called up again, like Daniel Davari

Comment

Do you follow Iran's football? He should be definetly called up since Montazeri retired and we do not have depth in that position, thus a vacancy is present in that position. Not sure what needs to be prooved if he plays football in the Championship for a team like Hull. Clearly he has been working for his an Iran call since his time at Mansfield Town, and granted he joins the Championship I'd easily take him over defenders from PGPL or Qatar League. .
                        This.
                        There's no harm in calling him up. We are going to play against some Pot3-5 teams soon. Not that we should disrespect them but this is the time to try some new players before we get into later stages of WCQ.

Gonna point out that Australia called up Massimi Luongo when he was with Swindon town(they won the Asian cup that year) and now he's a regular of the national team on QPR.

Comment

Do you follow Iran's football? He should be definetly called up since Montazeri retired and we do not have depth in that position, thus a vacancy is present in that position. Not sure what needs to be prooved if he plays football in the Championship for a team like Hull. Clearly he has been working for his an Iran call since his time at Mansfield Town, and granted he joins the Championship I'd easily take him over defenders from PGPL or Qatar League. Also this is semi-private that I shouldn't disclose (however it's evident if you look on his profile on Instagram seeing he follows Hashemian), Vahid Hashemian has been in contact with him so that maybe the sign of something.
                          Yes I do follow Iranian football, it’s why I post on this forum.
                          I was merely stating that until he proves himself at Hull City to be able to play well at a higher level then he should hopefully for him get a call up. At the moment he has played at League One level and even though he should be applauded for showing how much he wants to play for Iran, we need to wait to see how good he is. That’s all I was saying , yes he may go and pay for a Championship but it then doesn’t give him the right to play for our national team. So tell me , if he plays poorly at Hull would you still pick him to play for Iran
                          Just because he plays in the Championship?

Comment

Yes I do follow Iranian football, it’s why I post on this forum.
                            I was merely stating that until he proves himself at Hull City to be able to play well at a higher level then he should hopefully for him get a call up. At the moment he has played at League One level and even though he should be applauded for showing how much he wants to play for Iran, we need to wait to see how good he is. That’s all I was saying , yes he may go and pay for a Championship but it then doesn’t give him the right to play for our national team. So tell me , if he plays poorly at Hull would you still pick him to play for Iran
                            Just because he plays in the Championship?
                            Yes, he still deserves to be call up because he is playing at a higher level of football that most our defenders are not in Iran or Qatar League! Honestly there is no challenging for his position at CB and he is the one challenging PAG for his spot since he plays in Al-Arabi Qatar. Once again, we must test him for TM in order to truly evaluate his performances as his TM performances will be more crucial than his club ones.

Comment

I guess he should get a call up to a camp or something just to test out but I think we are much better off promoting young guys like Shariati and Salimi.

Tafazolli is already 27 or 28 and already a very slow CB. Cant really see him keeping up at international level in a more continental style of play, especially in 4 years when he is 32.

IMO salimi has been excellent for an extended period of time and his age is perfect as well. He has all the qualities good for CB, and giving him TM exposure could easily get him a solid transfer to turkey like majid.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                I guess he should get a call up to a camp or something just to test out but I think we are much better off promoting young guys like Shariati and Salimi.
                                Tafazolli is already 27 or 28 and already a very slow CB. Cant really see him keeping up at international level in a more continental style of play, especially in 4 years when he is 32.
                                IMO salimi has been excellent for an extended period of time and his age is perfect as well. He has all the qualities good for CB, and giving him TM exposure could easily get him a solid transfer to turkey like majid.
                                I am not saying he will definitely make the squad but as you said if he plays regularly in Championship he deserves a call and 27 is not old for CB. He has still at least 3-4 good years in him.

Comment

Working...
                                X