Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
    I don't see Tafa making the WC squad. The highest level of football he's played is 3rd division England - it would be stupid to call him up to play against the best players in the world with no prior high level experience.

That being said, I'd love to see him in the TM mix in upcoming years as we need help on defense. He's one transfer (or promotion) + 1 season of experience in a higher league away from being a contender to start in my opinion.
    Australia called up a League One player (Luke Wilkshire/Bristol City) in the 2006 WC and he started 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by persianfire View Post
      Australia called up a League One player (Luke Wilkshire/Bristol City) in the 2006 WC and he started 2 games.
      And wasn't Massimo Luongo also from League One when he played in the Asian Cup for Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
        And wasn't Massimo Luongo also from League One when he played in the Asian Cup for Australia?
        Yes....Australia has had a number of players from league one over the years

Edit: Also the ppl worried about league one level should note that Northern Ireland, a team with a chance to qualify for Russia who has only been defeated once in WCQs, has a number of players in league one.
        Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 09-14-2017, 07:28 AM.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Ryan T. on Team Melli:

"Longer-term Tafazolli still has ambitions of playing for Iran who have already qualified for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

He qualifies through his mother. “I have spoken to the Iranian coach,” Tafazolli added. “I’m trying to sort an Iranian passport and once that’s done I’d love a call-up.”"

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...peak-1-8159589

"Ryan insists Peterborough United have yet to peak

In-form centre-back Ryan Tafazolli insists Peterborough United have not yet reached their peak. The 25 year-old has been a key component in an impressive start to the campaign that has prompted ambitions of a season-long promotion push.

Those ambitions will get a severe test tomorrow (September 23) with the visit of a highly-regarded Wigan Athletic side, but Tafazolli is confident the team’s usual thorough preparation will give them the chance of claiming a notable scalp. “On paper Wigan look like a tough test,” Tafazolli admitted. “But we are facing them at a time when confidence is high in our camp and we believe we can beat anyone when we are on our game. “I haven’t played against any of their strikers before, but we are well prepared for what is in store.

We are given video clips to watch on all of our opponents well before the game so we always know what we are coming up against. “On a personal note I’m happy with how I’ve started the season, but I still think myself and the team can reach another level and that is what we strive for every day. “We have increased competition for places, but I wouldn’t say that is a motivation in itself. You shouldn’t need competition for places to become motivated, it should come from yourself. “But there is no doubt it’s made us stonger as a squad.

“Steven Taylor has been brilliant to play with. He has played so many games at the top level and that experience has been invaluable for the rest of us. “I have formed a good relationship with him as I have with all the centre-backs at the club. “Goalkeeper Jonathan Bond communicates well as Luke McGee did last year. ‘Bondy’ looks a class act. He makes difficult saves look easy. “There has been a real togetherness at the club this season and that includes the fans. They have generated great atmospheres home and away and long may that continue.”

Last edited by aenima_8; 09-22-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
            Ryan T. on Team Melli:

"Longer-term Tafazolli still has ambitions of playing for Iran who have already qualified for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

He qualifies through his mother. “I have spoken to the Iranian coach,” Tafazolli added. “I’m trying to sort an Iranian passport and once that’s done I’d love a call-up.”"

"Ryan insists Peterborough United have yet to peak

In-form centre-back Ryan Tafazolli insists Peterborough United have not yet reached their peak. The 25 year-old has been a key component in an impressive start to the campaign that has prompted ambitions of a season-long promotion push.

Those ambitions will get a severe test tomorrow (September 23) with the visit of a highly-regarded Wigan Athletic side, but Tafazolli is confident the team’s usual thorough preparation will give them the chance of claiming a notable scalp. “On paper Wigan look like a tough test,” Tafazolli admitted. “But we are facing them at a time when confidence is high in our camp and we believe we can beat anyone when we are on our game. “I haven’t played against any of their strikers before, but we are well prepared for what is in store.

We are given video clips to watch on all of our opponents well before the game so we always know what we are coming up against. “On a personal note I’m happy with how I’ve started the season, but I still think myself and the team can reach another level and that is what we strive for every day. “We have increased competition for places, but I wouldn’t say that is a motivation in itself. You shouldn’t need competition for places to become motivated, it should come from yourself. “But there is no doubt it’s made us stonger as a squad.

“Steven Taylor has been brilliant to play with. He has played so many games at the top level and that experience has been invaluable for the rest of us. “I have formed a good relationship with him as I have with all the centre-backs at the club. “Goalkeeper Jonathan Bond communicates well as Luke McGee did last year. ‘Bondy’ looks a class act. He makes difficult saves look easy. “There has been a real togetherness at the club this season and that includes the fans. They have generated great atmospheres home and away and long may that continue.”

Through his mother or through his father? Cause his last name Tafazolli is clearly Iranian, so you would expect it to be through his father

Comment

^ That appears to be a mistake by the English press. He mentions his Father is Iranian during a previous interview with PFDC:

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...lli-interview/

Comment

Peterborough won today. Tough game against Wigan, 3-2. Tafazolli assisted Peterboroughs second goal. He's legit. No way Querioz would call him up and send Oceano to London if he didn't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                  Peterborough won today. Tough game against Wigan, 3-2. Tafazolli assisted Peterboroughs second goal. He's legit. No way Querioz would call him up and send Oceano to London if he didn't think so.
                  It's League 1 dude relax. But it would be nice to test him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
                    It's League 1 dude relax. But it would be nice to test him out.
                    Wigan are still a strong side. Will Grigg plays for them

Comment

His father is Iranian. His mother is Irish and English. The reporter messed up.

Comment

I don't think playing in the english third-tier as a defender is in any way a problem because the english leagues have a huge depth in defenders.

The bigger potential problem is communication, both verbal and non-verbal, instinctive, interaction with the players around him. He could be the best defender in the world but if he doesn't sync into TM then we'd struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          I don't think playing in the english third-tier as a defender is in any way a problem because the english leagues have a huge depth in defenders.

The bigger potential problem is communication, both verbal and non-verbal, instinctive, interaction with the players around him. He could be the best defender in the world but if he doesn't sync into TM then we'd struggle.
                          Let's hope he's not another Daniel Davari is what you're trying to say. We can see Ghoddos has blended well. Hopefully Tafazolli does too. He's going to be called up.

Comment

Watched Tafazolli play for the first time. He looked solid. Hope we nab him for Team Melli.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamad Gorgu View Post
                              Watched Tafazolli play for the first time. He looked solid. Hope we nab him for Team Melli.
                              Did you go to the stadium?

Comment

Peterborough United 3:2 Wigan Highlights:

*Ryans assist at 1:24

Comment

Working...
                                X