Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

What's funny is that even tho he has not been capped for Iran yet they changed his main nationality to Iran on transfermarkt, they also added his "Name in home country: رایان سیروس تفضلی"

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan...spieler/244154

Interesting anyways, in the camps/friendlies for the WC, I am in favor of inviting crops of 35-40 players to test them all and make sure we are picking the best final 23. Beitashour should also maybe be given a chance, although I don't think he has high chances of making the final squad, I actually think Tafazolli's chances are higher because of lower competition for CB

Comment

3-5-2 looks sexy AF but our defenders are aging and slow.

I would go for a new experiment, something like:

Haghighi

Mohammadi - Tafazolli - Hosseini - Pouraliganji - Torabi

Jahanbakhsh - Dejagah - Hajsafi

Azmoun - Ghoochannejhad

Comment

Tafazolli and Pouraliganji on paper sounds like a good duo. In practice they would need to play both Russia and Togo games together to build that partnership and communication. It's tough to see that happening though. We saw what happened with Pouraliganji and Ansari, they didn't have a good level of communication together, and they both speak Farsi. Tafazolli speaks a very basic standard of Farsi. Probably a little more than Daniel Davari did. Let's hope he has what it takes. He could be a good addition. We also thought that with Davari, however it turned out he was a mistake.

Comment

Big Tafa scores!

Comment

3-4-3 is pretty good too

Comment

YouTube video of Tafazolli's goal against MK Dons. Peterborough won 2-0 and are now in 2nd place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjIsI2UgZ98

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
                YouTube video of Tafazolli's goal against MK Dons. Peterborough won 2-0 and are now in 2nd place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjIsI2UgZ98
                damn he is a beast of a man and a big son of a gun..!
                he didnt have to jump very much, in fact he nearly had to duck in order to head that ball in..!! lol

im really glad he is finally closing up on a chance to make a case for himself @ TM in the run up to WC...!!
                He seems such a slow Slug though, not so sure he can cut it..!!?
                possibly if he shed a few pounds ?? or basically somehow improve his Agility, he would be a excellent addition to our backline..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  damn he is a beast of a man and a big son of a gun..!
                  he didnt have to jump very much, in fact he nearly had to duck in order to head that ball in..!! lol

im really glad he is finally closing up on a chance to make a case for himself @ TM in the run up to WC...!!
                  He seems such a slow Slug though, not so sure he can cut it..!!?
                  possibly if he shed a few pounds ?? or basically somehow improve his Agility, he would be a excellent addition to our backline..!!
                  Personally think he's an upgrade from Pouraliganji. I'm not sure why people rate him as high as they do tbh... he's pretty accident prone.

Comment

I don't see Tafa making the WC squad. The highest level of football he's played is 3rd division England - it would be stupid to call him up to play against the best players in the world with no prior high level experience.

That being said, I'd love to see him in the TM mix in upcoming years as we need help on defense. He's one transfer (or promotion) + 1 season of experience in a higher league away from being a contender to start in my opinion.
                    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
                      I don't see Tafa making the WC squad. The highest level of football he's played is 3rd division England - it would be stupid to call him up to play against the best players in the world with no prior high level experience.

That being said, I'd love to see him in the TM mix in upcoming years as we need help on defense. He's one transfer (or promotion) + 1 season of experience in a higher league away from being a contender to start in my opinion.
                      We can call him up and use him as a benchwarmer. 3rd English tier is still better than Qatari league (where PAG plays)

Comment

Him scoring yesterday after his meeting with Oceano, who might have been at the game, is going to make his inclusion even more likely.

Comment

Personally think he's an upgrade from Pouraliganji. I'm not sure why people rate him as high as they do tbh... he's pretty accident prone.
                          not so sure about that..!?
                          RawYawn could be Twice the Overall quality of a CB than PAG, but only if he could match @least Half his agility, speed and tenacity..!!
                          he is certainly Different type of a CB to that of PAG..!! (could well be very Complimentary..!? )
                          its sorta hard to make direct comparison of the two, cause thier defending styles is so different..!? one thing is for sure, PAG's more Robust defending style seem to better suit TM's overall scheme of play.!!
                          i mean this guy(very surprising to me ) has managed to force to bench repeatedly in recent vital games, our veteran, usually go-to CBs in mold of seyed-jalal and Pejman..!!

ps
                          i do agree that PAG is a bit of a Kalekhar and no so under control, overly aggressive player/defender...! when stressed and pressured, i can easily see him getting a silly sent-off Red card at WC, more so than any other player in TM currently..!!?

Comment

We can call him up and use him as a benchwarmer. 3rd English tier is still better than Qatari league (where PAG plays)
                            I agree that League One is better than the Qatari league, but that doesn't mean Tafa is better than PAG.

PAG has been chasing money for the better part of his career, and the money is there because he is clearly a very talented player. He could have been playing in the upper English tiers but decided to chase Qatari money.

Tafa has been slowly developing throughout the English system, but he's not talented enough yet to receive offers from the upper leagues. He's getting better every game, which is what is important.

Overall, sure we could use him as a benchwarmer to give him the experience - but there are tons of other CBs in the PGL who would die to be riding the bench for Iran at the WC. He could be the Beitashour of our Russia squad!
                            We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

He's a big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                                He's a big boy.
                                For you.

Comment

Working...
                                X