No announcement yet.

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farsiam yadesh midim Rayano. We always have Aryan to step in and help a brother out.

Comment

If I get children I will definitely put them in Farsi class as early as possible

Comment

Peterborough United will play Bolton Wanderers in the final match of the season. A minimum of a draw will see Bolton promote back to the championship.

*Ryan is not expected to feature as a precaution.

"Powerful centre-back Ryan Tafazolli was a key man when Posh withstood Bolton’s aerial barrage at the ABAX, but he’s unlikely to be risked from the start on Sunday after struggling with a groin injury over the last month. McCann added: “Ryan and Gwion Edwards could probably play at Bolton, but I don’t see the point in risking them. They will travel and they might sit on the bench. but I’d rather they were guaranteed to be ready to go next season.”"

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/match-preview-starring-tv-roles-available-for-peterborough-united-players-1-7934114"

"Recent injury victims Ryan Tafazolli and Gwion Edwards will travel to the game, but a place on the substitutes’ bench is more likely than a start. “Ryan and Gwion are champing at the bit to play,” McCann said. “But Andrew Hughes and Lewis Freestone, two players who could make way for them, have played well enough to keep their place.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...ited-1-7938874

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
          Peterborough United will play Bolton Wanderers in the final match of the season. A minimum of a draw will see Bolton promote back to the championship.

*Ryan is not expected to feature as a precaution.

"Powerful centre-back Ryan Tafazolli was a key man when Posh withstood Bolton’s aerial barrage at the ABAX, but he’s unlikely to be risked from the start on Sunday after struggling with a groin injury over the last month. McCann added: “Ryan and Gwion Edwards could probably play at Bolton, but I don’t see the point in risking them. They will travel and they might sit on the bench. but I’d rather they were guaranteed to be ready to go next season.”"

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/match-preview-starring-tv-roles-available-for-peterborough-united-players-1-7934114"

"Recent injury victims Ryan Tafazolli and Gwion Edwards will travel to the game, but a place on the substitutes’ bench is more likely than a start. “Ryan and Gwion are champing at the bit to play,” McCann said. “But Andrew Hughes and Lewis Freestone, two players who could make way for them, have played well enough to keep their place.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...ited-1-7938874
          Yeah don't play him. I really do hope he makes a transfer this summer. It's seeming more unlikely with this injury making his situation a bit sticky. He would be a solid player in the championship.

Comment

Ryan started on the bench for Peterborough United for their final league match against Bolton W.

*Ryan was subbed in on the 64th min.
            *Peterborough United lost 3:0

Comment

"POSH RETAINED LIST DETAILS

Transfer listed (4): Shaquile Coulhirst, Brad Inman, Adil Nabi, Michael Smith.

Transfer listed as entering last year of contract (7): Lee Angol, Jerome Binnom-Williams, Michael Bostwick, Luke James, Marcus Maddison, Jordan Nicholson, Hayden White.

Retained (17): Chris Forrester, Jack Baldwin, Tom Nichols, Andrew Hughes, Ryan Tafazolli, Lewis Freestone, Gwion Edwards, Leo Da Silva Lopes, Jermaine Anderson, Junior Morias, Anthony Grant, Callum Chettle, Morgan Penfold, Andrea Borg, Mathew Stevens, Harry Anderson, Dion-Curtis Henry."

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...ison-1-7942647
              Last edited by aenima_8; 05-04-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

"REVIEW OF THE SEASON

Strangely, for a man with McCann’s pedigree, his better signings were defensive ones (Luke McGee, Ryan Tafazolli) rather than attacking ones (with the exception of the excellent Gwion Edwards) and it was a back four and goalkeeper who did most to make us believe a play-off push was a possibility for so long."

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...ting-1-7944755

Comment

^ hope some Championship come through in off season & snatch him up..! Doubt he'll get a call up to TM so long he stays in 3rd tier ..! Maybe even a move to outside England ..!? He seems good enough for mid table eredivisie club or sort. !?

Comment

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Doubt he will move to Championship this summer. He missed quite a few games with Peterborough due to injury and his team has taken a huge hit in form (from play-off spot contenders to being only 11th). Things looked way better for Ryan before the winter break.

Comment

Vital Posh website announces Ryan Tafazolli as the best defender of the season:

"Vital Posh Defender of the Season 2016/2017

The results are in for the Vital Posh Player of the Season and the Positional Awards for 2016/2017. Who was the Peterborough United Defender of the season?

We were expecting this poll to find the Posh defender of the season to be a close affair and so it turned out to be.

Ten different players turned out for Posh in defence but only four picked up votes. New to Posh this season, Andrew Hughes picked up 8.33% of the votes, as did Rotherham United loanee Dominic Ball.

To be honest, we thought Ball played well in the six appearances where he partnered Ryan Tafazolli in the heart of the defence. Three wins, three defeats including two clean sheets and a winning goal by Ball against Shrewsbury Town was a good return for Ball who was surprisingly dropped by Posh boss Grant McCann when both Baldwin and Bostwick returned to the squad. He was subsequently sent straight back to his parent club for allegedly questioning why his was dropped!

Of the other two players who picked up votes, one player received a third of the votes while the other picked up half the votes.

Of course, these two players are Michael Bostwick and Ryan Tafazolli but which player was voted top defender?

Tafazolli joined Posh on a free transfer in the summer as he stepped up a League after leaving Mansfield Town. He made 38 appearances in total for Posh scoring three goals but suffered an injury which meant his missed seven of the last eight games of the season.

Bostwick was his usual committed self throughout the season. He started the season playing in midfield but took over from Tafazolli in the centre of defence after the new signing picked up an injury in the first game of the season.

The majority of Bostwick`s 46 appearances has been in defence as injury struck both Baldwin and Tafazolli at different times.

Which of the two came out on top of the Vital Posh voting?

With 50% of the votes, the defender of the year is RYAN TAFAZOLLI."

http://www.peterborough.vitalfootbal...#ixzz4gXKmnOKJ

Comment

In addition to winning Defender of the Season, Ryan was also voted Peterborough United Player of the Season by Vital Posh:

"1st Place: 33.33% RYAN TAFAZOLLI"

http://www.peterborough.vitalfootbal...e.asp?a=491526

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                          In addition to winning Defender of the Season, Ryan was also voted Peterborough United Player of the Season by Vital Posh:

"1st Place: 33.33% RYAN TAFAZOLLI"

http://www.peterborough.vitalfootbal...e.asp?a=491526
                          Ryan is impressive. He without a doubt has a future in the EFL Championship.. I'd like to see TM call him up within the next 1-2 years.

Comment

TAFAZOLLI IS HOPING TO PLAY FOR IRAN

An international call-up for Iran is on the Ryan Tafazolli wish-list for the 2017-18 season.
                            The 25 year-old centre-back qualifies for Iran through his parents. Tafazolli is yet to win a cap, but manager Carlos Queiroz is aware of his qualities. “One of the Iranian coaches was due to come and watch me play against Bristol Rovers last season, but I was injured and missed the game,” Tafazolli stated. “I’d love to play for them. but they are flying at the moment. They are the number one ranked team in Asia. “If I keep playing well and I improve I will hopefully get my chance.” Tafazolli was a star of last season for Posh following a summer move from League Two side Mansfield. His power and quality on the ball won him a host of new admirers. He managed 38 appearances despite collecting injuries at the start and end of the campaign. “I did okay,” Tafazolli added. “And the defence did okay as a whole. There were a few games last season when we leaked a few goals and we must work harder next season to get more clean sheets. More clean sheets means more wins. “It was disappointing to pick up an injury early on, but I came through that and I enjoyed my first season. I played a lot of games in a row which might have contributed to the injury I collected at the end of the season. “There are some clever strikers like Billy Sharp in League One. You have to concentrate for the entire 90 minutes or you will get punished. That’s a big difference between League One and League Two. You have to use your brain more in the higher division. “But I can only grow and become stronger for next season when I also want to score more goals. I scored a few from set-pieces for Mansfield, but not so many last season when Bolton showed how important free-kicks and corners can be. Their centre-halves scored loads and next season it will be an aim of ours to get more goals from defenders. “We need to impose ourselves in the opposition penalty area like we do in our own penalty area.” Tafazolli scored twice for Posh last season although some statistical websites are still crediting him with a goal against Northampton that was a blatant own goal!

Read more at: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...iran-1-7987114

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
                              TAFAZOLLI IS HOPING TO PLAY FOR IRAN
                              An international call-up for Iran is on the Ryan Tafazolli wish-list for the 2017-18 season.
                              The 25 year-old centre-back qualifies for Iran through his parents. Tafazolli is yet to win a cap, but manager Carlos Queiroz is aware of his qualities. “One of the Iranian coaches was due to come and watch me play against Bristol Rovers last season, but I was injured and missed the game,” Tafazolli stated. “I’d love to play for them. but they are flying at the moment. They are the number one ranked team in Asia. “If I keep playing well and I improve I will hopefully get my chance.” Tafazolli was a star of last season for Posh following a summer move from League Two side Mansfield. His power and quality on the ball won him a host of new admirers. He managed 38 appearances despite collecting injuries at the start and end of the campaign. “I did okay,” Tafazolli added. “And the defence did okay as a whole. There were a few games last season when we leaked a few goals and we must work harder next season to get more clean sheets. More clean sheets means more wins. “It was disappointing to pick up an injury early on, but I came through that and I enjoyed my first season. I played a lot of games in a row which might have contributed to the injury I collected at the end of the season. “There are some clever strikers like Billy Sharp in League One. You have to concentrate for the entire 90 minutes or you will get punished. That’s a big difference between League One and League Two. You have to use your brain more in the higher division. “But I can only grow and become stronger for next season when I also want to score more goals. I scored a few from set-pieces for Mansfield, but not so many last season when Bolton showed how important free-kicks and corners can be. Their centre-halves scored loads and next season it will be an aim of ours to get more goals from defenders. “We need to impose ourselves in the opposition penalty area like we do in our own penalty area.” Tafazolli scored twice for Posh last season although some statistical websites are still crediting him with a goal against Northampton that was a blatant own goal!
                              Read more at: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...iran-1-7987114
                              I freaking love this guy. He may look like a douche but he certainly doesn't sound like one. The fact that this guy knows his standing in comparison to Iran is awesome.
                              In my opinion he already has the talent to play in a league like Belgium or Holland. He will make his EL Championship move by next season, if not by this summer. Kudos to this man! Keep feasting Ryan!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                I freaking love this guy. He may look like a douche but he certainly doesn't sound like one. The fact that this guy knows his standing in comparison to Iran is awesome.
                                In my opinion he already has the talent to play in a league like Belgium or Holland. He will make his EL Championship move by next season, if not by this summer. Kudos to this man! Keep feasting Ryan!
                                Why does he look like a douche? Cause he's good looking? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X