No announcement yet.

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the looks of it he is useful for TM and overall making an alright impression, however against highly paced opponents he is way too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      From the looks of it he is useful for TM and overall making an alright impression, however against highly paced opponents he is way too slow.
      I wouldn't necessarily say he's slow, in terms of running speed, I'd say he's can be slow in recovering after he's already committed, which is always expected with big and tall players who carry so much momentum into every tackle.

Btw, he's winning absolutely everything in the air

Comment

Ryan was rated a 6.5 as per the Peterborough Today's post-match ratings:

"Ryan Tafazolli: A tough game for the big man, but he battled his way through it in determined fashion. 6.5"

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...pany-1-7763125

Comment

He played well. With his size, I could see him playing in the Premier League.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Highlights

http://video.varzesh3.com/video/1311...88%D8%B1%D9%88

He is very slow...

Comment

I propose to close this threat and forget about this guy. Why do you guys settle for C average defenders??!! Our mentality should be only the best not every damn Persian player playing outside Iran. He is waaaaaay to slow and clumsy . The end

Comment

Peterborough got slammed by Bury today with 5-1, it looks like Tafazolli was at fault for the goals since he was taken off at halftime.

Comment

"Ryan Tafazolli: Part of a back four that didn’t function at all before the break. Cautioned early on, taken off at half-time 4.5"

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...ited-1-7774409

Highlights:
                  Last edited by aenima_8; 01-15-2017, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    Peterborough got slammed by Bury today with 5-1, it looks like Tafazolli was at fault for the goals since he was taken off at halftime.
                    He actually wasn't at fault in any of the goals. I think the coach thought he had to change something. You can watch the highlights on the Peterborough YouTube channel.

Watched some of the full highlights on the TV last night, he didn't make any real individual errors either, I think it was more because he received a Yellow card early on in the game and the coach had already made his mind up to take off a defender since they conceded all those goals. I think Peterborough looked really gassed out and jaded after the Chelsea game, chasing shadows all game. Hopefully they bounce back quick.

Comment

"Grant McCann made a triple substitution at half-time taking off Ryan Tafazolli, Leo Da Silva Lopes and Paul Taylor, changing the formation to 4-4-3 as he brought on Martin Samuelsen, Marcus Maddison and Lee Angol.

Tafazolli was already on a yellow card and knowing what referee Seb Stockbridge is like and the number of Posh players he has sent off in the past, it made sense to take him off before he was sent off!"

http://www.peterborough.vitalfootbal...#ixzz4VyWxLHMA

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                        "Grant McCann made a triple substitution at half-time taking off Ryan Tafazolli, Leo Da Silva Lopes and Paul Taylor, changing the formation to 4-4-3 as he brought on Martin Samuelsen, Marcus Maddison and Lee Angol.

Tafazolli was already on a yellow card and knowing what referee Seb Stockbridge is like and the number of Posh players he has sent off in the past, it made sense to take him off before he was sent off!"

http://www.peterborough.vitalfootbal...#ixzz4VyWxLHMA
                        Yeah he didn't actually play that bad, the left back and Bostwick were at fault in the goals. Peterborough were exhausted, I think they had played 3 games in the matter of 10-12 days including the Chelsea game.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          missed the game AGAIN....!
                          It aint easy to look good as a defender in such a lopsided game vs the best EPL team, but Still it looks like hanooz ye kam bishtar bayad bepaze as a Defender before he could be considered a solid TM Starting caliber CB..!
                          he looked a bit lost positionally, undisciplined and lazy defensively ? as he got caught out badly few times and seemed too slow in recovery..! bit too standoffish too for a big guy who's supposed to make his presence felt to the opponent's players in and around his box.
                          nonetheless, his size is immense with ok athleticism and still shows tons of promise for future....! he is a definite a work in progress and certainly worth a call up to a TM camp or two..! but with TM's game style so heavily reliant on Very Strict Defensive Discipline, FastNTight Pressing and Quick Counter Attacking, i dont see him making a start for CQ playing like that anytime too soon..?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            missed the game AGAIN....!
                            It aint easy to look good as a defender in such a lopsided game vs the best EPL team, but Still it looks like hanooz ye kam bishtar bayad bepaze as a Defender before he could be considered a solid TM Starting caliber CB..!
                            he looked a bit lost positionally, undisciplined and lazy defensively ? as he got caught out badly few times and seemed too slow in recovery..! bit too standoffish too for a big guy who's supposed to make his presence felt to the opponent's players in and around his box.
                            nonetheless, his size is immense with ok athleticism and still shows tons of promise for future....! he is a definite a work in progress and certainly worth a call up to a TM camp or two..! but with TM's game style so heavily reliant on Very Strict Defensive Discipline, FastNTight Pressing and Quick Counter Attacking, i dont see him making a start for CQ playing like that anytime too soon..?
                            I understand that people think he's slow and probably a bit
                            clumsy at times. However, I've managed to watch a few of Peterboroughs games from highlights mostly, but from if I had to judge from that, I'd say he carries a lot of momentum in his tackles and if anyone watches Rugby, you'll know the bigger, taller players will literally stay where they are for at least 5 seconds before they are physically able to recover back. Now the reason why he commits so much into SOME tackles isn't necessarily because that's how he chooses to play, it's common in basically all levels of British league football. They are ordered to press aggressively and "put a foot in".

I believe he is quite smart and Querioz would adapt his style to become more of a stable, commanding centre back, which he does also do in his games if you watch closely, his passing game is very technical and polished for a centre back, remember he used to be a CDM for Southampton.

Another key trait he has is the fact he is left footed, that is such a benefit when trying to play from the back and play penetrating passes to the left back (Milad Mohammadi)
                            He doesn't deserve to start for Iran, but his stature can be vital for us. I think he should be tested.

Comment

He is slower then your avg. Defender. I would use him in a 3-2-3-2 SW formation as the sweeper like Afshin Peyrovanis role back in his TM days.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

How fast did you expect him to be compared to our two CBS who are like 5 inches shorter?

Mertesacker of Germany gets roasted for being slow all the time too.

I think he looked decent from what i saw, but testing him isn't a bad idea.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Working...
                                X