Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
    How would you rate his Persian?
    Quite basic really. We spoke in English. He has got his mother's culture mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
      Damn you lucky. Would be nice to say more about him (possibly make a thread?)
      Would definitely make one if/when I meet him again. I mostly saw him in his father's university when he invited us for Norouz events. Even back then he used to skip the gatherings and go and play football outside on the grass and only came back when dinner was ready lol.
      Last edited by _Navid_; 12-20-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
        Quite basic really. We spoke in English. He has got his mother's culture mostly.
        I hope he is at least on par with Feri Zandi. His farsi was pretty bad at the beginning but he had the basics down. He got so much better after a couple of years

Comment

What a sliding tackle by Ryan at the 61' minute. Won the ball so clean

Comment

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

He looks like a nonsense defender and he basically cleans up the dirty work, we need Tafazolli for the national team for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
              Winner of this match plays Chelsea!
              Dayum
              Cool
              That's a juicy fixture both him & the club. ..!
              I gather/hope they won today ..!?
              Kiri time for me , couldn't watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                He looks like a nonsense defender and he basically cleans up the dirty work, we need Tafazolli for the national team for sure.
                He makes the perfect fit with Morteza. While he stays back and clears the balls Morteza moves up and stops the play.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

One question: Will he get invited for the 2nd round of qualifiers?....

Comment

he can play he does like playing for iran, but the issue us how good is his persian, i am sure he is good defender , CQ is smart to invite him, imagine he shine against chealse and he goes to a big club,england come calling, i am sure he will choose england, but having CQ as a tm coach can help us to bring this player to iran.

Comment

If his heart is with Iran, he can get over the language issue. I'm also sure he can learn fast. My cousin Germany is like that, he understands Farsi but has more trouble to speak.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

After watching him closely today for the second time I can confidently say he embodies all the good attributes you need and expect from a big and physical CB. What we have seen in his highlight tapes doesn't even do his value justice IMO

Just a small side note - when I interviewed him 7-8 months back for PFDC he also mentioned growing up he played as a CM and it wasn't until he was in Southampton U21 or U18 he was switched to a CB. Again that's why we see him to be able to make some impressive passes for a CB and is also able to go forward with the ball/like to go forward. Like PAG he offers versatility and can play as a DM if ever needed there.

Him and PAG have got to be the future of TM....for now given how good our defense is I'm against bringing him in as a starter as much as I like him, makes no sense to change a defensive line as impressive as this but it's crucial he gets invited ASAP so that when his name gets called into the XI he is ready and acclimated to the TM environment....national team football is a different game than league 1.

About those worried about the language problem this is honestly laughable that it still gets spoken about. He needs to know a maximum of 10-15 words which I'm sure he will be able to pick up very fast. His main instructions will come from CQ who speaks English so that's a huge positive to take away too.

And to the member who said he hopes he can speak at least comparable to Zandi when he first arrived....sorry to crush your hopes but that's not the case. He doesn't speak Farsi at all, at least he didn't when I spoke to him in early 2016.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

no he can speak basic farsi. He said so in a recent interview

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            no he can speak basic farsi. He said so in a recent interview
                            If you read my post you'd see I said as of early 2016 that's what he told me, could be different different now if the interview you're referring to is recent
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

It would be good to have one massive CB even if its in a limited role. Tafazzoli is not making it to the England squad. Jones/Smalling/Chambers/Cahill/Stones have that locked up for the next 7-8 years at least. Plus I could think of about 10 other CBs they might choose instead. Tafazoli would work very well defending physical specimen players like Kim Shin Wook.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                It would be good to have one massive CB even if its in a limited role. Tafazzoli is not making it to the England squad. Jones/Smalling/Chambers/Cahill/Stones have that locked up for the next 7-8 years at least. Plus I could think of about 10 other CBs they might choose instead. Tafazoli would work very well defending physical specimen players like Kim Shin Wook.
                                I was just thinking how the Koreans always put in that gigantic striker they have at the end of games all the time. Imagine if Tafazoli is there, will pretty much take away their arial threat from that guy at the end of close games.

Comment

Working...
                                X