Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PERSPOLIS - Fan Thread | News, Photos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nariman, I understand where you come from, but there are few issues about changing the coach

1) Branko is under contract until 2018. Firing him would probably mean another case in FIFA. I think you are informed about the recent case with Manuel Jose. For now, the club has to pay its debts.
    2) We are banned from signing foreign players/coaches.
    3) Even if we are not banned, we can't get any better foreign club coach than the likes of Branko and Kranjcar.
    4) We haven't reached the certain level to replace the coach despite winning the league. That's what teams like Bayern Munich (Guardiola) or Olympiakos (Bento) do. We haven't even won a trophy for six (!) years.

About the signings: As far as I remember Branko wanted to renew Maric's contract, but the managers couldn't pay his salary. Saad Natiq, who is a young CB and DM was supposed to join in winter, but the club couldn't pay the transfer fee. Also, couple of other players like Khalilzadeh, Mosleh and Prahic were on Branko's list, but weren't signed due to several reasons. Apparently, Khalilzadeh will join in summer.
    The Ukrainian players were not Branko's signings, they were forced in by the club. I never rated them, but I still think that we shouldn't have let them go, because we have no depth.

About Ansari as CB: The main reason why Ansari moved to CD was that we were lacking good CBs besides Seyed Jalal. Golec was the supposed replacement for Maric, but apparently, he performed that bad in the pre-season games (according to fans), that Branko decided to move Ansari to that spot. Otherwise Ansari was supposed to play as LB.

Comment

^ Both of you have some good reasons but using Rabihkhah as LB, or Ahmadzadeh as LB/DM, or sitting Ramin on the bench are the most stupid idea done by Branko. When Beiro is not ready specially after his injury, he should use Rado. Branko's late and wrong substitutes are also another blunder. I like his offensive tactics but his lack of proper defensive tactics is killing the team.

If I was in his place

1. I bench Beiro and use Rado
      2. I would kick Rabihkhah out of the club and use only Ansari and sometimes Mahini as LB
      3. I take Ramin as first RB/RW and switch him with Moharami to keep that spot competitive
      4. I bring back Sasan Ansari as CF and use Taremi as SS/RW
      5. I try to use Alipour/Nariman Jahan/Ahmadzahed in rotation
      6. I would have definitely signed a CB in winter break

What do we need now?

1. Two CBs one to help Seyed Jalal and one for back up
      2. A back up LB like Saeed Aghai of Tractor Sazi or Shayab Mosleh of Sepidrood Rasht
      3. Sign a DM in same caliber of Nourollahi and Kamyabinia, we need to play with two DMs in some matches and a back up for Kamal
      4. Sign a CF with killer finishing just like Gucci. We need a poacher not a fancy clown like Taremi.

These are my expectations if everything get better otherwise I am not going to dupe myself. I know most likely we will be facing serious financial difficulties next season and the team falls apart once again. This is the story of all Iranian teams specially SS/PP under this regime.
      Last edited by PersianLegion; 03-14-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Branko is not using Nariman Jahan at all, he is a lot better than Ahmadzadeh, but he only comes in for the last 10 minutes in meaningless games. Branko needs to give him a chance from the start in a big game so he can prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
          Branko is not using Nariman Jahan at all, he is a lot better than Ahmadzadeh, but he only comes in for the last 10 minutes in meaningless games. Branko needs to give him a chance from the start in a big game so he can prove himself.
          Agreed, it is strange to see him so underused.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
            Nariman, I understand where you come from, but there are few issues about changing the coach
            1) Branko is under contract until 2018. Firing him would probably mean another case in FIFA. I think you are informed about the recent case with Manuel Jose. For now, the club has to pay its debts.
            2) We are banned from signing foreign players/coaches.
            3) Even if we are not banned, we can't get any better foreign club coach than the likes of Branko and Kranjcar.
            4) We haven't reached the certain level to replace the coach despite winning the league. That's what teams like Bayern Munich (Guardiola) or Olympiakos (Bento) do. We haven't even won a trophy for six (!) years.
            About the signings: As far as I remember Branko wanted to renew Maric's contract, but the managers couldn't pay his salary. Saad Natiq, who is a young CB and DM was supposed to join in winter, but the club couldn't pay the transfer fee. Also, couple of other players like Khalilzadeh, Mosleh and Prahic were on Branko's list, but weren't signed due to several reasons. Apparently, Khalilzadeh will join in summer.
            The Ukrainian players were not Branko's signings, they were forced in by the club. I never rated them, but I still think that we shouldn't have let them go, because we have no depth.
            About Ansari as CB: The main reason why Ansari moved to CD was that we were lacking good CBs besides Seyed Jalal. Golec was the supposed replacement for Maric, but apparently, he performed that bad in the pre-season games (according to fans), that Branko decided to move Ansari to that spot. Otherwise Ansari was supposed to play as LB.
            You have valid points bro., and I will be honest enough to accept that you are right on most of them.

Maybe me wanting to let Branko go is probably me living in Utopia - because in Iran we all know how that might end up. At the end the management might mess it up even more and bring back Mayeli lol. Additionally the ban and debts make it really difficult.

But about #4. I am all for keeping coaches for several years, and supported many in the past, including Branko, to stay. However in this case I believe Branko has reached his limit, from now on he won’t be able to improve us much more. And that his mostly because of his ignorance and behavior! He might have the skills & knowledge, but his disgusting arrogance won’t let him make use of it. He is also hurting TM, another reason why I would like to get rid of him. I am heavily questioning his agenda and intentions.

Even with your explanations Branko's substitution and player selection remain questionable. He is sticking to players that will never perform and he blindly gave away players that could have helped us a lot. This has been the case since the day he arrived, so this is why I have no hope for any change. It takes a "genius" to put a Ahmadzadeh as LB for crucial matches...or to believe a guy like Rabikhah deserves more playing time than a Rezaeian. Branko desperately sticks to his Plan A no matter what, so much that he even refuses to make any changes until the last minutes when it’s too late. He has no other plans, no alternatives...once you have analyzed his team properly you basically already won because Branko won’t be able to come up with something new.

Branko is a puppet. Imagine what CQ would have done if they had forced him to take two random players from Ukraine he didn’t even want...he would go rampage and expose all of them. No guts, no risks, no fresh ideas...

How many new "faces" did he introduce anyway? Maybe only Ansari and recently Moharrami - and both of them are in danger. Ansari is not in top form due to his new position and there is too much pressure on Moharrami that might hurt him. All other players were already familiar and the new ones Branko brought haven’t proven anything.

Once again, Branko building up the team after several years of failures was great to see. He was the perfect choice to revive the team and no one can deny that we have been playing the best football for almost 2 years. However my concern is that despite all that... Branko is not the man if we want to succeed in ACL, and he also seems to be weak at knockout stages. His sneaky attitude is additionally something that makes you dislike him - even though unfortunately the fans are too blind to see that and rather prefer their club over their national team.

It just makes one furious when you know this team will face problems in ACL - MONTHS - before the tournament even started, but no changes were done whether before or during it. Instead you have to suffer seeing your team's weaknesses being exposed exactly the way one could predict long time ago. The thing is that IMO Branko deep inside actually is aware of many of these problems, but he refuses to accept it - I don’t know what kind of ego he has that makes one so angry about it. His face has become the definition of arrogance...
            Formerly known as Persianking!
            Follow me @
            instagram/iranscout
            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Beautiful posts by all of you.

Besides the obvious dumbfounding decisions such as playing Rabiekhah or the mind games with Rezaeian, we can all also agree on the lack of depth in the team.

At this stage, I honesty think instead of hiring foreigners (who will take us to court) we should just call up reserve and academy players.
              They will struggle but the experience will be worth it.

The use of youth is why I think Esteghlal will be very good next season and many seasons after that. Mansourian has been phenomenal with the young players.

Daei, as frustrating as he was, was usually very keen and receptive to playing young players.

In the end, I agree that we won't go much further than this with Branko. He has a very set limit and this is about it. He doesn't know how to take teams to consistently excellent level.

Comment

I agree, that Branko has his weaknesses and I believe that he is not as good as the ACL opponent's coaches (well the same goes to all other foreign PGPL coaches), but if he is going to be replaced, then the club should hire someone with international pedigree. Someone like Aguirre, Le Guen or Magath.

But I don't think that coaches of that caliber would be ready to coach in PGPL.

Comment

Enjoy

Comment

I would advice Bronco to be less arrogant. He needs to understand that he may win many games without rezaiyan but against stronger teams without him pp will lose. He plays an important role and 20% of the win factor is due to him. Bronko did lajbazib and did without hosseoni last year and saw the tesult. He also tried once to release the RIP #24 once. He is a good technician but needs to be humble. CQ in World Cup could have used Aghili 's fresh legs in second match and then in last match he could have used his formation ascagainst Argentina.
                    History is made by bad decisions

Comment

lol Kamyabinia
                      https://service3.ir/Service/%D8%B2%D...?videoId=13255

At one point he says "Agha Farshad beharhal shomare 10e Perspolise. Tanha shomare 10ie ke na goal mizane na passe goal mide, faghat shomare 10e". Perfect summary
                      Formerly known as Persianking!
                      Follow me @
                      instagram/iranscout
                      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Branko said level of Iranian league is above Croatia. I wonder what the PGPL haters will say...
                        he is coaching the best team in PGPL and getting good results too, what do you expect him to say? He won't say that PGPL is weaker than Croatian league since it would take away credits from the decent job he is doing with PP...

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
                          he is coaching the best team in PGPL and getting good results too, what do you expect him to say? He won't say that PGPL is weaker than Croatian league since it would take away credits from the decent job he is doing with PP...
                          he didn't have to say it is better, he could have said at the same level, but he said it was at a better level and he has coached top teams in both leagues. i don't understand this, everytime someone compliments are league all of you are saying "of course he would say it, what else would he say". why can't you accept our league has a decent level? this is also shown by our performance in this years ACL which I believe we are the best performing country in western asia.

Comment

he didn't have to say it is better, he could have said at the same level, but he said it was at a better level and he has coached top teams in both leagues. i don't understand this, everytime someone compliments are league all of you are saying "of course he would say it, what else would he say". why can't you accept our league has a decent level? this is also shown by our performance in this years ACL which I believe we are the best performing country in western asia.
                            I just think that Branko is full of sh!t and anything that comes out of his mouth should be taken with a grain of salt...
                            He's trying to sugarcoat the job he is currently doing with PP, that's all.
                            Anyway, I'm not one of those PGPL haters that would take arab or swedish 2nd division leagues over our own but I don't think croatian PRVA liga that produces and send dozens of talents per year to top european teams is weaker than PGPL either...
                            They actually have good coaches, good facilities (stadia and training pitches), a lot of talents and more importantly the league has very good exposure to europe's top leagues.

Comment

His assistant Sreten Cuk (who qualified Lokomotiva to EL btw) said that PP would compete with Dinamo for the title in either league.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                                His assistant Sreten Cuk (who qualified Lokomotiva to EL btw) said that PP would compete with Dinamo for the title in either league.
                                It's probably true but it doesn't make the croatian league weaker than PGPL in any way

Comment

Working...
                                X