The latest Iranian football transfers - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nariman View Post
    The majority here does not follow the league, but jump on the hype as soon as one talent makes it - but if you truly follow PGL + outh teams you will see the huge potential and the amount of talents - realizing that likes of Azmoun are not that outstanding or special as some believe, MANY have the potential to become as succesful as him.
    Wow let me put a big TRUTH stamp on that one Right on

I totally understand the point Nariman is getting across and I fully agree. People just see Azmoun doing well and automatically assume that his talent is one of (especially people who do not follow the league), but we have soooo many similar if not better talents that stay in Iran for multiple different reasons and that would be doing as well if they had the opportunity to do so.

I'll always remember Ezzatollahi's interview when he went to Atleti, saying that the level of players was good but that those players in Europe were no better than our talents back in Iran, and that it was a shame that our players were not really given that opportunity to play there.

If we take recent examples I have no doubts that if on the top of my head the likes of Hajsafi, Pahlevan, Alishah, Sadeghian, Taremi, Torabi, Rafiei, K.Rezaei etc. etc... or any talented players that we had went to Europe at the same age, they would have been at least as good as the likes of Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun. No doubts

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
      Wow let put a big TRUTH stamp on that one Right on
      I totally understand the point Nariman is getting across and I fully agree. People just see Azmoun doing well and automatically assume that his talent is one off (especially people who do not follow the league), but we have soooo many similar if not better talents that stay in Iran for multiple different reasons and that would be doing as well if they had the opportunity to do so.
      I'll always remember Ezzatollahi's interview when he went to Atleti, saying that the level of players was good but that those players in Europe were no better than our talents back in Iran, and that it was a shame that our players were not really given that opportunity to play there.
      If we take recent examples I have no doubts that on the top of my head the likes of Pahlevan, Alishah, Sadeghian, Taremi, Torabi, Rafiei etc. etc... or any talented players that we had went to Europe at the same age, they would have been as good as the likes of Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun. No doubts
      Thank you - exactly what I was trying to explain.

Formerly known as Persianking!
      Follow me @
      instagram/iranscout
      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

A Chinese team made a 500,000 $ offer for Mohammad Ansari. Probably will be rejected by Persepolis

http://90tv.ir/news/332065/%D9%BE%DB...84%DB%8C%D8%B3

Comment

China wouldn't be a good move at all!

Our players need good managers who tell them to aim for 2nd Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Belgium League, Swedish League, Greek, Russia etc.
          First step towards more and better
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

With everything that's been going on with our legionnaires in recent times, I just wonder what time after Queiroz will look like. Like it or not he played a big part in these moves with his set of expectations and professionalism and knowing the IR I can't help but worry that they'll completely cuck up by bringing some low end manager to take his place someday.

Comment

^^we will revert back into the age and time when players played for money and not TM. Right now, CQ means business and he has a specially place for player who play in Europe as he thinks IPL is JOKE when it comes to training players.
              IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                Bruh, just stop. I'm a Persepolisi too, but come on. When Sardar was 15 he was picked up by one of the country's best academies and went on to perform really well in the youth TM and becoming a professional abroad at 18. When Taremi was 18 he was still playing at Iranjavan and pretty much scored no goals.
                With that being said, Taremi had and still has great physical presence and still is a talent that is rough and could be polished into something very good given the resources. So in that case I agree, but that goes for all of our domestic players. They don't maximize their potential staying in an environment domestically that has no infrastructure in evolving players further, but Taremi is no Azmoun.

totally agree...!! especially to the bold and even more so the Underlined..!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                  With everything that's been going on with our legionnaires in recent times, I just wonder what time after Queiroz will look like. Like it or not he played a big part in these moves with his set of expectations and professionalism and knowing the IR I can't help but worry that they'll completely cuck up by bringing some low end manager to take his place someday.
                  presence of world renowned coach like Carlos has more than 90% to do with this recent strong EU interest in Iranian footballer potential talents.
                  i can more than 99% guarantee you that his future replacement will entail a very significant demotion in coaching quality ..!

Comment

Pretty much under every incompetent coach we've had there's been players going/trying to go to Europe.

Under Mayeli Kohan there were players who went to the bundesliga

Even in probably the worst era of talent and times in TM 2009-2011 under daei and ghotbi we had a bunch of players going on trials with bundesliga, la liga, and ligue 1 clubs. Aghili was also close to signing with Freiburg and travelled for negotiations.

So as long as the player wants to go, whoever the coach is won't really stop them.

Comment

If I were their agent, I would set a rule and bar many leagues and top ranked teams for our players.
                      EPL, totally out.
                      English championship, totally out
                      La Liga, below 6-7th rank only
                      Bundesliga, below 5-6th rank only
                      Serie-A, same as above
                      French, outside the top two
                      Dutch
                      Portuguese
                      Greek, only the top 5-6

lets remember, merely playing in a top league does not ensure top quality performances at national level, which I assume is the ultimate goal of having legionnaires. Our PGL players crushed the koreans and chinese players playing in EPL and bundesliga, and wiped the floor with them.

so merely the club membership doesnt mean jack.
                      going to the likes of liverpool or arsenal or sevilla or dortmund, .. may actually work against OUR prospects.
                      I'd rather see them in Frankfurt, Granada, Atalanta, Vittesse, Olympiacos, Nantes, ... .

I hope their agents also have a more serious and realistic view of their clients' careers and have their good in heart, instead of pocketing quick cash in transfers

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                        Pretty much under every incompetent coach we've had there's been players going/trying to go to Europe.

Even in probably the worst era of talent and times in TM 2009-2011 under daei and ghotbi we had a bunch of players going on trials with bundesliga, la liga, and ligue 1 clubs. Aghili was also close to signing with Freiburg and travelled for negotiations.

So as long as the player wants to go, whoever the coach is won't really stop them.
                        Yeah, but it's also about evolving. Players always go because players always might have raw talent, a godgiven touch or international speed etc., but if they have a better foundation coaching wise they can actually stay and adapt to new surroundings easier in terms of understanding new systems or tactics, therefore continue to further their skills that doesn't only involve a certain trait.

So the better the coaching foundation is on youth level the better.
                        And if it's not good domestically you should go to Europe as soon as possible to get what you can't get in Iran on the same level. The sooner the better since you don't have as much old habits etc. The older you get the harder to mold and educate.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                          Giving players credit for going on unsuccessful trials is nothing to be proud of and actually shows the difference in mentality. That 2009-2011 era was the worst our team has been in terms of legionnaires. In the AC we had two players in Europe which was Shojaie and and Nekounam......just 2. If the youngsters of that generation (mosalman, sadeghian, rezaie, etc.) would have had the drive and passion that Azmoun, ezi and JB did their careers would be much more accomplished than becoming starters for Persepolis and Esteghlal
                          Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 11-25-2016, 04:29 PM.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            Giving players credit for going on unsuccessful trials is nothing to be proud of and actually shows the difference in mentality. That 2009-2011 era was the worst our team has been in terms of legionnaires. In the AC we had two players in Europe which was Shojaie and and Nekounam......just 2. If the youngsters of that generation (mosalman, sadeghian, rezaie, etc.) would have had the drive and passion that Azmoun, ezi and JB did their careers would be much more accomplished than becoming starters for Persepolis and Esteghlal
                            I wasn't giving them credit. Some people were worried that after queiroz Iranian players won't want to go to Europe anymore. I just used it as an example to show that even in times of lack of talent and incompetent coaches we still had players trying to go.

Comment

We should expect at least 3-4 young players moving to Europe by the start of 2018, especially since we have qualified for both U17 and U20 world cups next year.

BTW, let's take a moment to appreciate that achievement in its entirety. Have we ever qualified for both U17 and U20 World Cups in one year before?

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                                We should expect at least 3-4 young players moving to Europe by the start of 2018, especially since we have qualified for both U17 and U20 world cups next year.

BTW, let's take a moment to appreciate that achievement in its entirety. Have we ever qualified for both U17 and U20 World Cups in one year before?
                                Good points!

Hope we have good quality players in both teams to be scouted by European clubs!

Comment

Working...
                                X