Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Iran-Croatia friendly was cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurosport plans to show it
    http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/...450/live.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
      lool..

Comment

Is it officially cancelled? Or are there just talks to cancel it?

Comment

sry but...

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
          I get crazy. Why cancell the game! And we need to stop play weak teams!! We must play Netherlands, Belgium, France and Germany or Spain. I get sick to read that we play Belarus or Macedonia!! The good think was we played Sweden!!
          If we want to progress at WC2018 we need start play strong teams. I feel so sad this bad IFF. I fear again we will be oit first round WC2018. Look at Germany or Netherlands or other EU country we need good preparations otherwise why we go World Cup.

its not that easy germany england really? who pays them? u think they play for free ?? iff struggles with good equip and everybody wants them to pay 1.000.000 for a match? u can invest money better in equip, grounds and in youth
          stop critizising evertring, i think the longer cq stays the better in gets
          yes we played african team before wc 2014 but thats okay. theyre physics are stronger than ours

our federation is bs but i think with cq we have a very good chance to reach wc 2018
          i fear him leave before reaching it...he should stay till the end
          we play very organized like a european them

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
            According to the article, Queiroz is looking for another opponent that plays in EURO 2016

It should be Turkey, since they have no friendlies scheduled in June
            turkey would be an upgrade and definitely a more exciting match-up..!
            probably Croatia refused to pony up all our traveling and hosting expenses..? and IFF probably told CQ you could have this friendly or practice field..? or a weeklong camp in Africa or Eastern europe..!??
            anyways, if logistics and timing wasnt the problem, then most probably Money was, as always its been...!

Comment

Croatian and foreign sources reveals the friendly.

Iranian sources and IFF president says it will be cancelled.

I only relieve foreign source => I believe the friendly will take place.

Comment

By saying this I may sound like a sheep, but in all honesty and based on what we have seen in the past 5 years, if this truly is CQ's decision, then as badly as I would wanna see this match take place, but I trust CQ's judgement and calls. It's not his first time to request cancellation of such similar friendlies and they somehow worked. I am certain if he opted out of this match, then he definitely has better substitution for it.

It's his team, despite all the hardships of the country and IFF in general, plus the financial deficiency of sports ministry, he has done quite well with his team in the past 5 years. Let him do his job, as he wishes.

Comment

Still is not convincing why was cancelled. The game is couple weeks before EURO and all players(except zob and tractor's) are free.

Comment

Has any official Iranian media confirmed this? I am yet to watch a single news clip reflecting this news?

Comment

It was covered by Fars News and Varzesh 3 so far.

Another article. The game was set to be played on May 27th, when Zob Ahan, Tractor Sazi and Euro legionnaires would've probably missed the game. IFF has proposed to play on June 7th, which was not accepted by the Croatian federation.

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1316943...A9%D9%86%D9%85

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                        It was covered by Fars News and Varzesh 3 so far.

Another article. The game was set to be played on May 27th, when Zob Ahan, Tractor Sazi and Euro legionnaires would've probably missed the game. IFF has proposed to play on June 7th, which was not accepted by the Croatian federation.

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1316943...A9%D9%86%D9%85
                        European league, Qatar and IPL is done way before 27th of May.

Comment

European teams, that have no friendlies scheduled on June (bolded teams are participating in EURO 2016)

Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Denmark, Gibraltar, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Luxemburg, Malta, Montenegro, Turkey, Cyprus

Comment

Bosnia,Bulgaria and Denmark are participating in the Kirin cup in Japan to be held on June 2 & 7

Comment

Croatia will play against Moldova instead, which is confirmed by the Croatian federation

http://hns-cff.hr/news/13294/moldova...-u-koprivnici/

Comment

Working...
                              X