Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syria, Iraq & North Korea have players in Serie A....where is our youth heading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syria, Iraq & North Korea have players in Serie A....where is our youth heading?

Its so disappointing to see how much we have regressed that war torn places like Syria, Iraq, N. korea can export players to a top 4 league and we can barely maintain our players in 2nd divisions. Our only hopes are Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun and Ezatollahi
    Adnan in Udinese who starts sometimes and even contributes with scoring and assisting

Song Hyok Choe in Fiorentina youth

Syrian kid in Juventus youth

LOL what a joke of a thread. So playing in their youth ranks means playing in the league? If that's the case ezatolahi was playing in la liga last year. There are also a few Iranians playing in the bundesliga by your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
      Its so disappointing to see how much we have regressed that war torn places like Syria, Iraq, N. korea can export players to a top 4 league and we can barely maintain our players in 2nd divisions. Our only hopes are Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun and Ezatollahi
      Adnan in Udinese who is a starter and even contributes with scoring and assisting

Song Hyok Choe in Fiorentina youth

Syrian kid in Juventus youth
      It shows how much Serie A level decrease. And there is also a bunch of Koreans/Japanese in Barca youth. Seriously it can be explained by their NT good shows in U20/17 Asian and world championship while we keep on failing.

I don't know these countries well, but maybe we can say that being in these European side youth won't guarantee them future succcess. There is lot of players in these academy that become nothing after. But it is true that seeing iranian players strenght and flaws, playing in these Euro academies is the missing key to open the door of big success.

Comment

The absence of Iranian players in top Euro leagues and academies was due to sanctions. I believe we can expect a change soon, if it isn't already happening.

Comment

What a stupid thread! We have Ansarifard, Azmoun, Hajsafi, Ghoochannejahd, Jahanbakhsh, Mohammadi, Ezzatollahi and Haghighi and you compare them with syrians/north koreans in youth teams? Think Again!

Comment

Sorry Ekbatan jaan, but this is indeed a very weird comparison & thread overall. You picked 3 random and rather unknown players from 3 random different countries and make it look like they have tons of other exports as well. I think you just got too emotional here since you are a big fan of Serie A and maybe badly wish to see an Iranian playing there?
            Formerly known as Persianking!
            Follow me @
            instagram/iranscout
            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

you guys are stupid, adnan plays for main Udinese squad, he's not in the youth.

And even if the north korean and syrian guy are in the youth, it still shows they're better than our players. Gimme a break with mentioning buncha 2nd division players as your excuse.

Keep living the blind dream of our players being wanted by Arsenal and Chelsea cuz some random Iranian source tells you

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                It shows how much Serie A level decrease. .
                what a lame excuse. Serie A players are always wanted by big teams & Juve just played in CL final. Yes i guess thats a sign of a declining league. I'm sure the mighty PL teams like Leicester city will take CL by storm next season.

Comment

Adnan is not a starter. I think he's had one assist and one goal (huge mistake) by Goalkeeper. Dude is terrible. Udines are lower end Serie A team.

The others are youth players. Really? You comparing our players to this.

Comment

I can understand where the disappointment from OP is coming from. It is very frustrating to see that non-footballing countries at least have one player in the top 3 leagues (La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A), while we don't have any despite our huge potential and talent. It's really unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                      Adnan is not a starter. I think he's had one assist and one goal (huge mistake) by Goalkeeper. Dude is terrible. Udines are lower end Serie A team.
                      The others are youth players. Really? You comparing our players to this.
                      who do we have that are better?

you're right about him not being a starter, i made a mistake there, he did start some games but hey thats still better than what we got. we'd be having a party if we had a player that was even on bench in any top 5 leagues.

Comment

we have ONE freakin player who plays consistently and thats Jahanbakhsh in a league that is probably 10th best in Europe.

Ezatollahi hasnt even played and Azmoun isnt a starter.

Dont even mention the 2nd division guys. I love Hajsafi and he's good but he needs to be in a better team than Frankfurt.

Comment

In our worse period we had 2 players in La Liga and that team was nothing compared to today's TM, it doesn't mean anything.

This is a young team, have patience they will be in top leagues soon, these 3 guys are nothing, Adnan dude hasn't done anything in Europe so far, will disappear in few years and the others are not worth mentioning Ezzatollahi was Atleti youth player played as starter in youth UCL if we want to make a similar comparison.

Comment

who do we have that are better?

you're right about him not being a starter, i made a mistake there, he did start some games but hey thats still better than what we got. we'd be having a party if we had a player that was even on bench in any top 5 leagues.
                            Of sound mind and body I can say that Adnan would not start over Taremi or Torabi in our TM. He would be on equal level with Amiri. His most applaudable quality is his fighting spirit and the greatest strength any Iranian player has is that fighting spirit.

Comment

what a lame excuse. Serie A players are always wanted by big teams & Juve just played in CL final. Yes i guess thats a sign of a declining league. I'm sure the mighty PL teams like Leicester city will take CL by storm next season.
                              I was joking but you cannot deny that serie A is not what it was some years ago, Juventus being the only exception. The two milanese teams are catastrophic, they barely qualify to Europa league and do nothing there. Napoli emerge as a top team but they didn't do anything significant in Champions league/Europa league except a quarter of final. The same with Roma that is used to be trashed in champions league (7/1 or else) against United, Barcelona.

Except Juventus, no italian clubs to be seen in the last stage of Champions/Europa league. Even their national team isn't impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X