Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifying 2nd Round MD 8: Iran - Oman @ Azadi stadium (29/03/2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
    !!

What the hell did I just watch?

KC jan
    Lool I remember back in 2007-2008 he would have his pretty much daily life filmed and posted on many forums, I remember even in Bia2 forum and Bigsoccer in every single post of his you would see a new video of him driving, eating, browsing the net, playing with his cat (Manoochehr?) Etc. [emoji75][emoji75]

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
      Iran Hungry for Victory over Oman: Carlos Queiroz

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran national football team coach Carlos Queiroz described Oman as a good team but said his players are ready to win the upcoming match against the Persian Gulf Arab country.

Iran and Oman will vie for top spot in Group D of the 2018 FIFA World Cup/2019 AFC Asian Cup joint-qualifiers on Tuesday in Tehran’s Azadi Stadium.

“Oman has quality players and they will play for their pride against us. On the other hand, our players are very motivated to defeat Oman. We are hungry for victory,” Queiroz said in the pre-match news conference.

Oman is a good team but we also are the best Asian team. We are going to win the match and also to fight until the end of the match. We want to prepare ourselves for the next stage,” the Portuguese added.

Carlos Queiroz also called on the fans to support the national team during the match against Oman.
      Wow! The first time Carlos has stated that Iran is the best Asian team.

I'm not being being sarcastic, I'm happy to hear him say it.

Maybe he wants to give a push of confidence for our younger players. Or maybe he was waiting to play vs Japan, and now he realizes that Japan isn't as big of a threat as he might've thought against Iran.

Truth of the matter is, we have a long way to go when it comes to giving a damn about our football and our footnall's future compared to the likes of Japan and South Korea. And Carlos is right about that.

But at the same time, it is true that we are the best at the moment and we are lucky to have a great group of young talented players who will carry Team Melli on their backs for the next 4-6 years.

But what after that? We need to invest now. There might not be a Sardar Azmoun or an Alireza Jahanbakhsh in 8 years time. We need to invest in our football NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
        Lool I remember back in 2007-2008 he would have his pretty much daily life filmed and posted on many forums, I remember even in Bia2 forum and Bigsoccer in every single post of his you would see a new video of him driving, eating, browsing the net, playing with his cat (Manoochehr?) Etc. [emoji75][emoji75]
        Lol I didn't know that. I was wondering why he recorded longer. Thought maybe he was gonna show his reaction to Masoud's goal from the Home match or reaction to the loss.

I feel like KC and I are similar when it comes to football vs arabs. I know for a fact that when it comes to football I can come across as a racist, but I'm not. I curse a lot if it's an important match (like a qualifier or World Cup). I've never seen anyone do it so calmly like KC did though lol.

"Mu ha ha ha haaaa!! (Smiles and laughs with calmness) berin malakhatoono bokhorin, ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Comment

Lol I didn't know that. I was wondering why he recorded longer. Thought maybe he was gonna show his reaction to Masoud's goal from the Home match or reaction to the loss.

I feel like KC and I are similar when it comes to football vs arabs. I know for a fact that when it comes to football I can come across as a racist, but I'm not. I curse a lot if it's an important match (like a qualifier or World Cup). I've never seen anyone do it so calmly like KC did though lol.

"Mu ha ha ha haaaa!! (Smiles and laughs with calmness) berin malakhatoono bokhorin, ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
          It's OK to be racist toward people who are racist toward you.

Comment

!!

What the hell did I just watch?

KC jan
            you are welcome!

KC is the man!

Comment

3 hours to the game!!! Gonna be a while until we see TM involved again.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                Trust me, no team in the World including World Champions Germany, can beat TM at the Azadi by 8 goals.
                that's what Brazil thought as well before they lost 7-1 on their own field, and Iran is no Brazil.
                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                  Here you go:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tour...15_neutral.pdf

Article 20.6 and 20.7

"In the league format, the ranking in each group is determined as follows:
                  a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
                  b) goal difference in all group matches;
                  c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
                  If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their
                  rankings shall be determined as follows:
                  d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the
                  teams concerned;
                  e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams
                  concerned;
                  f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams
                  concerned;
                  g) the goals scored away from home count double between the teams
                  concerned (if the tie is only between two teams)."
                  those 2 are the qatar clause
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                    that's what Brazil thought as well before they lost 7-1 on their own field, and Iran is no Brazil.
                    Brazil was careless and paid for their Arrogance that day, and Iran is never that careless and arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                      Meysam hosseini?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      No i dont know that dude..!! is he a red head too, i suppose..?
                      sorry, i meant Vouria Ghafouri ...! he is a more solid defending RB and still pushes up when needed..!! mind you, havent a clue of his recent form..!!??
                      i thought Rezaeeian did quiet well vs India too, but Oman are far more clinical, technical and fast on counters and i fear he will get caught out..!! i have similar fears for HajSafi as a LB..!! i'd much rather Mohamadi there..!

the last time we played Oman, we were too hasty on our approach and Omanis were able to juke out a lot of our players and counter us swiftly..! i hope we dont approach them, similarly to India game, cause that would play right to their strengths..!!
                      we need to apply milder pressure offensively and keep them contained defensively..!! once they over-commit to attack, then hit em with swift counter..!!

btw, overall, i'm most disappointed and concerned with the Speed of Transition play of CQ's TM..!! We really do Drag-ass on that front..!! the lateral passing on our backline and their eventual connection to MF/Attack is annyoyingly ESloooow, often makes me cringe watching it ...!! there is like only 1opponent's player pressuring the ball and im screaming at the screen like, "ComeTheFk On man, pass the fking ball already and sareee yek do konin bereh jolo digeh...!!

Comment

Dejagah will be capitain

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDidsdRDtgr/
                        Last edited by 04041374; 03-29-2016, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Line-up?

Comment

Beiranvand
                            Rezaeian-Motazeri-Hosseini-Hajsafi
                            Ebrahimi-Ezatollahi
                            Jahanbakhsh-Dejagah-Amiri
                            Azmoun

Comment

Seems Gucci is done..

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post