BREAKING: Farhad Moshiri invests in Everton FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREAKING: Farhad Moshiri invests in Everton FC

Everton just announced that British-Iranian investor Farhad Moshiri is a new shareholder at Everton FC and will invest in the club. Moshiri has made his fortune through steel and energy companies in Russia and the UK and has according to Wikipedia a net worth of US$1.79 billion. And is closely tied with Uzbek businessman Alisher Usmanov whom he also holds shares in Arsenal FC with.

This will probably just mean just another investment for a capitalist that has probably earned his money through shady business dealings, but hopefully it might could mean something positive for Iranians and football in Iran and Asia.

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/703622122745241601
    https://twitter.com/Everton/status/703623026928132096
    https://twitter.com/Everton/status/703623077750509571
    https://twitter.com/Everton/status/703624113303244800

Any chance of him doing some party bazi and transferring some Iranian players there?

Comment

Lets hope for some young iranian Talents there. And maybe a partnership

Comment

Well he didn't bring anyone to Arsenal, so wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens in Everton either.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
          Well he didn't bring anyone to Arsenal, so wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens in Everton either.
          He wasn't the majority shareholder in Arsenal though. He has more freedom in Everton.

Comment

LOL this is the same guy that owns part of Arsenal ??

its all business man, he doesnt care to bring Iranians to PL. Not that we have anyone that is good enough to play there. Maybe if Azmoun and Ezatollahi develop in the coming years, just not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
              LOL this is the same guy that owns part of Arsenal ??

its all business man, he doesnt care to bring Iranians to PL. Not that we have anyone that is good enough to play there. Maybe if Azmoun and Ezatollahi develop in the coming years, just not yet.
              Generally a big problem in the Iranian community. Sadly Iranians can't stand seeing each other become successful and have a big jealousy issue. For some reason we can't be united the same way the Jewish community back and support each other.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                Generally a big problem in the Iranian community. Sadly Iranians can't stand seeing each other become successful and have a big jealousy issue. For some reason we can't be united the same way the Jewish community back and support each other.
                Other than Mourinho and Schevchenko are there many examples of what you're trying to preach? At least Schevchenko was EPL level. Are there any Iranian players that currently are EPL quality?

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                  Other than Mourinho and Schevchenko are there many examples of what you're trying to preach? At least Schevchenko was EPL level. Are there any Iranian players that currently are EPL quality?
                  My comment was directed at Iranian business men/women, referring to EKBATAN's comment about how it is all business.

Comment

Dash Farhad, bring some iranian players to Everton
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                      gooz be shaghigheh che rabti daareh ??

not sure what you're implying here....either you're saying this guy who is Iranian doesnt care to bring Iranians OR you're saying that im hating on our players thinking we're not good enough to play in PL....

If you're referring to me, it has nothing to do with jealousy and being united, etc.....i would love to see our players do good anywhere. I love to see all Iranians doing good everywhere. But whether someone deserves to be in a certain place has to do with their capability. Right now our players are struggling to get consistent playing time in weak leagues like Russia, Holland and 2nd div. of England...how can one of them possibly play for a team like Arsenal? These guys can go out and spend 20-30M for players, what makes them want to bank on unknown players?

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                        gooz be shaghigheh che rabti daareh ??

not sure what you're implying here....either you're saying this guy who is Iranian doesnt care to bring Iranians OR you're saying that im hating on our players thinking we're not good enough to play in PL....

If you're referring to me, it has nothing to do with jealousy and being united, etc.....i would love to see our players do good anywhere. I love to see all Iranians doing good everywhere. But whether someone deserves to be in a certain place has to do with their capability. Right now our players are struggling to get consistent playing time in weak leagues like Russia, Holland and 2nd div. of England...how can one of them possibly play for a team like Arsenal? These guys can go out and spend 20-30M for players, what makes them want to bank on unknown players?
                        Take a deep breath, I wasn't saying anything about you being jealous or trying to offend you. Man some of you guys are so hostile and think the second someone mentions your name it is in a hostile/negative intent. I was in a way agreeing with what you said about it being business, and most likely the rich dude who just bought all the shares in Arsenal will not be in any shape or form interested in helping Iranian players, even something like networking.

Comment

Working...
                        X