Iranian Businessman buys 77.2% share in Everton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    Everton survive. Won’t be surprised if they try to sign azmoun….moshiri personally called sardar’s dad in the past to try and start a conversation to bring him in.
    source?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Really? Moshiri has not come across as someone who’s into anything Iranian at all.
      yeah I’m trying to dig up where it was said (can’t remember if it was a website or an actual video interview with sardar) but they 100% did have a conversation in the past. I think Sardar was younger then I think it was around the time he had gone to zenit. I agree he’s not into anything Iranian clearly but Sardar seems to be the exception (in the past) we will see soon if there is still any interest.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He's just one of many iranian-american or iranian-british or iranian-antipodean or iranian-canadian wealthy people who chooses money over other things,

Is he worse than the likes of Kia Joorabchian?

All of these iranian origin billionaires are hugely talented people. The all-consuming hunt for material wealth and the soma it gives these folk is what I find strange. Do you need it? Is it worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Azmoun_shireh View Post

source?
          https://www.goodisonnews.com/2021/12...sardar-azmoun/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

I think that in practice, this rumour was on weaker ground than some of the other premier league clubs. It feels to me that people just linked Azmoun to Everton because of Moshiri, there turned out to be no substance whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              He's just one of many iranian-american or iranian-british or iranian-antipodean or iranian-canadian wealthy people who chooses money over other things,

Is he worse than the likes of Kia Joorabchian?

All of these iranian origin billionaires are hugely talented people. The all-consuming hunt for material wealth and the soma it gives these folk is what I find strange. Do you need it? Is it worth it?
              With Emiratis, Saudis, and Qataris buying up world football, I think it’s good to have at least one Iranian doing the same to counter them

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post

With Emiratis, Saudis, and Qataris buying up world football, I think it’s good to have at least one Iranian doing the same to counter them
                There's loads of Iranian origin people agha - 4 wealthy Iranian-Americans in the premier league, or about to enter, as we speak

Just that none of them, Moshiri included, have any actual link to Iran. Whereas all the Persian gulf countries are linked to their country intrinsically

Comment

There's loads of Iranian origin people agha - 4 wealthy Iranian-Americans in the premier league, or about to enter, as we speak

Just that none of them, Moshiri included, have any actual link to Iran. Whereas all the Persian gulf countries are linked to their country intrinsically
                  You want owners linked to the Islamic Republic of Iran, as opposed to Iranians abroad? I prefer the latter.

Regardless, we come nowhere close to the likes of the Emiratis’ influence with City Football Group, the Saudis’ influence with Public Investment Fund, or the Qataris’ influence with Qatar Sports Investments.

Also, the Iranian guy at Newcastle is just a Saudi stooge, it’s the Saudis who are really owning the team. & Jahm Najafi’s bid for Tottenham hasn’t come to fruition. Farhad Moshiri at Everton and a far reach for Behdad Eghbali at Chelsea are the closest we have to Premier League team ownership, and Chelsea is mostly run by Todd Boehly.

The point I’m making here is I don’t mind Iranians abroad owning European clubs, so long as they aren’t linked to the Islamic Republic. It’s good to counter the Persian Gulf states’ influence in world football. And if the Iranian owners don’t show party bazi / nepotism / favoritism in bringing in Iranian players, I don’t really care. But if they do, like Mehdi Bayat at Charleroi, then kudos to them.

Comment

You want owners linked to the Islamic Republic of Iran, as opposed to Iranians abroad? I prefer the latter.

Regardless, we come nowhere close to the likes of the Emiratis' influence with City Football Group, the Saudis' influence with Public Investment Fund, or the Qataris' influence with Qatar Sports Investments.

Also, the Iranian guy at Newcastle is just a Saudi stooge, it's the Saudis who are really owning the team. & Jahm Najafi's bid for Tottenham hasn't come to fruition. Farhad Moshiri at Everton and a far reach for Behdad Eghbali at Chelsea are the closest we have to Premier League team ownership, and Chelsea is mostly run by Todd Boehly.

The point I'm making here is I don't mind Iranians abroad owning European clubs, so long as they aren't linked to the Islamic Republic. It's good to counter the Persian Gulf states' influence in world football. And if the Iranian owners don't show party bazi / nepotism / favoritism in bringing in Iranian players, I don't really care. But if they do, like Mehdi Bayat at Charleroi, then kudos to them.
                    Agha I don't know how this got so off-track with this accusation but my point is that to all intents and purposes, all of these owners except Bayat have given up their "Iranian-ness" and thanks to Eshalic republic they are effectively generating and spending their wealth through their British or American citizenship. They may have Iranian origins but that's basically it

Bayat is to some extent the only exception

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Agha I don't know how this got so off-track with this accusation but my point is that to all intents and purposes, all of these owners except Bayat have given up their "Iranian-ness" and thanks to Eshalic republic they are effectively generating and spending their wealth through their British or American citizenship. They may have Iranian origins but that's basically it

Bayat family's insistence on helping out Iranian football is admirable considering their family are considered persona nan grata as they were considered "darbar" pre-revolution.

They even offered to host our Female TM, but the a**holes back in Iran forced the team to cancel because of that link.

Comment

We need to be realistic here, every Iranian who owns a foreign club has foreign citizenship/connections. No fresh off the boat Iranian with sole Iranian citizenship is going to own a foreign team, unless it’s some Sepahi.

Farhad Moshiri (British-Iranian): Everton
                        Behdad Eghbali (Iranian-American): Chelsea
                        Mehdi Bayat (French-Iranian): Charleroi
                        Nader Dejbakhsh (Iranian-American): Orange County FC
                        Ali Mansouri (Iranian-American): Los Angeles Blues
                        Ata Pirmoradi (Swedish-Iranian): Pars FC Orebro
                        Iranians in Philippines: Pasargad FC
                        Iranians in Sweden: Parsian Vasby

We’re unfortunately not at the level of the Arab countries along the Persian Gulf where some rich domestic sheikh can buy a European team without having foreign citizenship or residence. Any club-purchasing achievement that is done for Iran will have to be done alongside a foreign flag unless if the individual is tied to the Islamic Republic.

Comment

We need to be realistic here, every Iranian who owns a foreign club has foreign citizenship/connections. No fresh off the boat Iranian with sole Iranian citizenship is going to own a foreign team, unless it’s some Sepahi.

Farhad Moshiri (British-Iranian): Everton
                          Behdad Eghbali (Iranian-American): Chelsea
                          Mehdi Bayat (French-Iranian): Charleroi
                          Nader Dejbakhsh (Iranian-American): Orange County FC
                          Ali Mansouri (Iranian-American): Los Angeles Blues
                          Ata Pirmoradi (Swedish-Iranian): Pars FC Orebro
                          Iranians in Philippines: Pasargad FC
                          Iranians in Sweden: Parsian Vasby

We’re unfortunately not at the level of the Arab countries along the Persian Gulf where some rich domestic sheikh can buy a European team without having foreign citizenship or residence. Any club-purchasing achievement that is done for Iran will have to be done alongside a foreign flag unless if the individual is tied to the Islamic Republic.

I'm no longer sure what we are disagreeing about

Comment

Moshiri isn't the most unpopular British-Iranian for Everton fans

That prize goes to this guy:

https://twitter.com/search?q=joorabc...d_query&f=live

Comment

I think it is a painful fact but these succesful iranians are not loyal to other iranians. If I thought I could make a decent profit and/or bring in an iranian to my team I would do it. Bayat bros are a perfect example of this. But they are an exception. Its not like they didn't think of themselves in the process. They didnt hand out any unfair starting 11 post because someone was iranian. There are examples of both successes and failures for iranians in Charleroi. In interviews they always make this perfectly clear too! My point is: good business and taking care of other iranians are not mutually exclusive.

On the other hand one may argue that all iranian players at all age levels and so on are so terrible that its not worth investing in them. Personally I find this argument suspect. We dont see ANY help being given by these billionaires. At all. The case is so strong that we dont even see them bringing in talented youth to youth academies of the club THEY OWN. Its not just a matter of them not giving a sh-t about senior players. They dont give a sh-t about iranians at all. So the argument that its because of iranians lack of talent don't hold. Hazbavi guy is just one of hundreds of examples. Why didnt they bring him in? He is considered a huge talent.

Now over to the question of ones connection to Iran and how this will affect the loyalty and solidarity towards other iranians: There are plenty and tons of iranians outside iran their whole life that would do what I believe is the right thing: To stick together and contribute to each others success. Why are these billionaire owners different? Maybe they just care about themselves and don't give a sh-t about other people, especially iranians? This seems the most logical conclusion to me at least.

Comment

Treasury's sanctions guys are reviewing Moshiri re: Russian links with Usmanov:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...an-understands

Comment

Working...
                                X