No announcement yet.

Alireza Haghighi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haghighi needs to return to the IPL or atleast a Persian Gulf league and get some practice and training in. I think for keeps, the level of the league has the least effect on them than field players as shots are always shots and the pipes are the same size. I feel as if he has dropped football as his #1 priority; I could almost tell it in his play in Portugal.

Comment

The issue with this guy is he has a big ego and really think he is something special, with this attitude you won't last long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        The issue with this guys is he has a big ego and really think he is something special, with this attitude you won't last long time.
        i agree ..!
        some Confidence/bordering arrogance is always required to exert your authority and leadership in the box, but he has far too often taken things way TOO FAR on the pitch and it seems in training as well....!
        Its already a tough market for keepers vying to find a starting gigs in winter transfer season and it would be an extra uphill climb for his agent trying to find him an EU starting keeper position considering he has been a bench-warmer/2nd string keeper for last 4 years or more and the fact that he was cut loose from his last job Due to well-publicized Disciplinary issues..!!

either he brings himself back down to earth and agree to sign for a 2/3rd league Weaker Leagues EU club with good chance for starting or back to IPL/Arabs ..!

i fear the only realistic alternative to those mentioned above is sitting out the rest of the season too and completely ruining his TM/even club career..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          calling it right now.. Either Haghighi's gonna shock us all and sign with another solid Euro club, or go to some trash azadegan league team like Esteghlal Ahvaz lmao
          Or start his true passion, pro modelling in Milan

Comment

The issue with this guys is he has a big ego and really think he is something special, with this attitude you won't last long time.
            What is your proof for this? Has he said something that showed overconfidence or a massive ego?
            Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
            محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
            - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

First of all, lets not judge saying he has too big of an ego or he doesn't care about football etc until we really know what's going on. Sure, I agree it looks awful that he has not found a club yet and I really hope and expect him to do so in January, otherwise there is something really weird going on.
              But lets not forget that he is one of our only (if not the only one) GK's that actually went to Europe, sat on the bench for a few seasons and worked incredibly hard to become a starter in Europe and Team Melli's #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                First of all, lets not judge saying he has too big of an ego or he doesn't care about football etc until we really know what's going on. Sure, I agree it looks awful that he has not found a club yet and I really hope and expect him to do so in January, otherwise there is something really weird going on.
                But lets not forget that he is one of our only (if not the only one) GK's that actually went to Europe, sat on the bench for a few seasons and worked incredibly hard to become a starter in Europe and Team Melli's #1.
                And he's the first Iranian GK who kept a clean sheet at the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                  What is your proof for this? Has he said something that showed overconfidence or a massive ego?
                  Complaining about his lack of playing time in Kazan and Kazan's GK coach interview regarding Haghighi's attitude, then he left Maritimo due to the fact he lost his starting place.
                  The reality is this guy benefited from the situation in which we were desperately in need of a goal keeper(with Rahmati being excluded of course), Rahman Ahmadi, Davari both struggled and we were in short of options, again he looked good for few games inside CQ system but in long term he was exposed.
                  I strongly believe with better keeper we could beat Iraq in regular or even P.K and i always wonder knowing Haghighi and his weakness in P.K why CQ didn't go for any other keeper(or we probably didn't have better choices on bench).

Comment

People are really down on Haghighi right now, but remember -- its this same "stubbornness" that earned him the #1 and makes him an international caliber keeper.

He moved out of Iran to Russia when it would've been easier to stay home. He didn't flee back to Iran when things at Rubin Kazan didn't break his way. He transferred out and instead worked his way up in Portugal's Second Division, and against all odds he beat out all the keepers who had more caps or were projected to start over him -- Ahmadi, Davari, heck, even Rahmati.

Haghighi eventually made it to Portugal's first division after being a World Cup starter and we should applaud his persistence to stay in Europe -- I do, particularly when I see what it has done for him. I'm sure he'll land somewhere in the next month or so, and hope its where he truly wants to be.

Comment

Didn't Haghighi lose his spot on his last team in Portugal because got into a fight with the goalkeeping coach

Haghighi has been banned from practice with his team and is possibly going to be expelled.

Apparently, he got into a physical argument with the goalkeeper's coach at Maritimo and is currently not allowed to practice until the disciplinary committee makes it decision.

Source: Nelo Vingada's interview on Mehrnews.com
                      If that was true in any sense he deserves part of the blame for this.

Comment

Complaining about his lack of playing time in Kazan and Kazan's GK coach interview regarding Haghighi's attitude, then he left Maritimo due to the fact he lost his starting place.
                        The reality is this guy benefited from the situation in which we were desperately in need of a goal keeper(with Rahmati being excluded of course), Rahman Ahmadi, Davari both struggled and we were in short of options, again he looked good for few games inside CQ system but in long term he was exposed.
                        I strongly believe with better keeper we could beat Iraq in regular or even P.K and i always wonder knowing Haghighi and his weakness in P.K why CQ didn't go for any other keeper(or we probably didn't have better choices on bench).
                        Complaining about lack of playing time doesn't mean he has a big ego. A lot of players do it to show that they are ready and that they can compete with the current fixed goalie, and he actually left the team to get more playing time, so I don't see what the issue is here. The Maritimo thing was because of an argument with the goalkeeping coach. If that's true, that sucks, but it still doesn't mean he has a big ego. He showed bad attitude and was shown the door.

The guy is our first goalie who ventured out, went to a good team, didn't get playing time, stuck to Europe as long as he could and still has. Most folks here criticize our current players in the Qatari league and say they should go play in Europe, even if the league isn't that good. Haghighi is doing exactly that, yet he's criticized for having a big ego?!

The guy is good, he was our goalie and was solid at it too. No reason to say he has a big ego just because he hasn't signed with a team.
                        Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                        محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                        - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

I couldn't help but LOL @ ARH's Insta video...the guy is at old trafford watching football while he remains clubless I can't take this guy seriously any longer
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            I couldn't help but LOL @ ARH's Insta video...the guy is at old trafford watching football while he remains clubless I can't take this guy seriously any longer
                            Inb4 he is linked with a move to ManUnited.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                              Inb4 he is linked with a move to ManUnited.
                              For that to even be a rumor I think he would've needed to upgrade to semi decent seats from his nosebleeds
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Man U: "ARH, We never forgot that day you outplayed Man U goalkeeper Sergio Romero in the WC. Therefore, we would like to offer you and a defender, preferably Bahador, to join Manchester United and achieve glory with us."

ARH: "As long as I can be a fashion model on the bench... Deal!"

Comment

Working...
                                X