No announcement yet.

Alireza Haghighi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not a bad move at all... look at what Sosha did. He earned his way to the 1st division in Norway. Haghighi is doing the same thing... he is trying to get more exposure in hopes to land something in championship, premiership, or scottish league.
    "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

I'm sorry but I have to say that League 1 is shit, theres no way of sugarcoating this. To make matters worst Port Vale is near the bottom of the table.

Comment

Dastebil Sazi Ardebil az in team behtare.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          you wouldn't take league one over a move back to Iran? Lets say he were to go back to PGL.....even then, where would he go? Be the 3rd choice behind berio and radsovic (both of which who have played great this year), back up to oliviera at sepahan or mazaheri at ZA?

When you go clubless for 6th months if you can even get a league one side to gaurantee you a starting spot, you are not in the worst shape. Also to add to him not playing in 6 months, the last times he was playing he wasn't even really succeeding....his stint with maritimo did not go too well. This is also something important to consider.

I have watched tafazoli on a number of ocassions in league one play and it is not a bad league like youd expect given its a third tier league in england....it is more or less on par with PGL yet offers a lot more obvious perks than the PGL does. I don't see how anyone can reasonably bash this move by him when taking all of this into consideration....
          Honestly, I wouldn't join some village club in his situation. If he was 20 and not the national team keeper yet, maybe,

But in his situation I'd prefer PGL over such an offer. Europe isn't the sacred land. The top flights and the few best second leagues are.

But not English third league or Albanian league.

Comment

People don't realize he didn't have any better offer, a guy who didn't play for half season and is not like Dejagah who still carry a good reputation of his years in Germany. Also people forget this is the same guy who had hard time to start in Persepolis a year before WC, so i don't know why the expectation is high in his case.

Comment

Haghighi can basically pull off a Sosha, if he manages to display a good performance in the league. This way he can attract some interest from the Premier League and Championship teams in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                I'm sorry but I have to say that League 1 is shit, theres no way of sugarcoating this. To make matters worst Port Vale is near the bottom of the table.
                Well he is gonna be in FIFA 17.... better than nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  People don't realize he didn't have any better offer, a guy who didn't play for half season and is not like Dejagah who still carry a good reputation of his years in Germany. Also people forget this is the same guy who had hard time to start in Persepolis a year before WC, so i don't know why the expectation is high in his case.
                  exactly he hasn't really done anything that great. What are people expecting of him, Port Vale seems to be the only side that will take him let them take him. No side in a top league in Europe will drop their keeper for someone who hasn't played in over a year it's just dadft. The good thing about port vale is that they've sold their best keeper which gaurentees he will be in their starting 11 plus their defence sucks so he will be tested alot
                  Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
                    exactly he hasn't really done anything that great. What are people expecting of him, Port Vale seems to be the only side that will take him let them take him. No side in a top league in Europe will drop their keeper for someone who hasn't played in over a year it's just dadft. The good thing about port vale is that they've sold their best keeper which gaurentees he will be in their starting 11 plus their defence sucks so he will be tested alot
                    He can still go up with some good performances. People are getting too upset over this, I think it will go well for him.

Comment

Anyone think it's ironic how in 2014 our strongest position in the team was goalkeeper and our weakest was upfront nowe have 4 strikers on form and our first 2 choice goalkeepers haven't played in a year
                      Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

The thing is every keeper will look good behind CQ defensive system, from Ahmadi to Haghighi to Sosha, Beiranvand, name it ...

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                          Well he is gonna be in FIFA 17.... better than nothing?
                          LOL, do you just want Iranians to transfer to teams so they can be in FIFA games? That being said though, I think this move would be good for him, and I also wouldn't mind having available in FIFA either

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            The thing is every keeper will look good behind CQ defensive system, from Ahmadi to Haghighi to Sosha, Beiranvand, name it ...
                            To be fair, Haghighi didn't look all that good in the period after the Asian Cup and the start of 2018 WCQ, basically when he stopped getting playing time at his clubs

Comment

I am not so surprised that he has not gotten any better. If you look at what he has gained: in his career so far:
                              Rubin Kazan, I think he played 2 games in two years spell. That is what managers will see.
                              Then a short visit to Iran, and he played 2 games
                              He moved on a loan deal to Portugal 2nd div and played 14 games. For this sacrafise he gained WC nr 1 spot.
                              WC he played 3 games for Iran 3 years ago.
                              And he won a contract at Portugals top div and played 25 games. Then he was home sleeping for over 6months.
                              He have been without a club in 6months in his prime 28. WHat kind of signal do you send?
                              If the Port Vale deal is done, you must understand that there is economy in the picture. he will not gain contract at any top series, and Port Vale for him an OK salary.
                              He is maybe not done , but he really ruined a lot for him self.

Comment

Iran’s Alireza Haghighi to Join England’s Port Vale

January, 31, 2017 - 15:05

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iranian international goalkeeper Alireza Haghighi has reached an agreement to join English club Port Vale.

The 28-year-old goalie has cancelled his contract with Portuguese club Maritimo following disagreements with the coach.

Haghighi started his playing career at Persepolis in 2006 at the age of 16.

He joined Rubin Kazan of Russia in 2012 and then moved to Sporting Covilha on loan. He has also played for Portugal’s Penafiel.

Haghighi represented Iran national football team in the 2014 World Cup and showed a decent performance against Argentina in group stage.

Port Vale Football Club is a professional association football club based in Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, England.

The team competes in League One, the third tier of the English football league system.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...nd-s-port-vale

Comment

Working...
                                X