Alireza Haghighi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to all those La Liga offers? lol

This guy either has a good agent or public advertiser.

Comment

There was a fire close to training area of Maritimo and Haghighi and couple of other players were affected and transferred to hospital, they had breathing issue apparently.
      Hope all is well with him..
      http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1348397...9%DA%A9%D8%B3)

Comment

It is the 100th time Haghighi returns to Portuguese hospital.

Comment

Badbakht, he has no luck with these sorts of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Badbakht, he has no luck with these sorts of things.
            Did I miss something? Something like this has happened to him before?

Anyhow, I hope he is ok at report doesn't sound good but idk if I fully trust the source. I'll pray for him
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              Did I miss something? Something like this has happened to him before?

Anyhow, I hope he is ok at report doesn't sound good but idk if I fully trust the source. I'll pray for him
              I guess he is meaning injuries.

Comment

A look at some of Asia’s potential European stars

Despite the strengthening of many national leagues across Asia the fact remains that the bright lights of Europe still provide the biggest lure for many young players growing up on the continent and pursuing a professional career.

Alireza Haghighi (Iran/Maritimo)

Haghighi became the first Iranian goalkeeper to join a European club when he signed for Russian outfit Rubin Kazan back in 2012 although he failed to make a single top team appearance in an ill-fated two-year stint.

A move to Portugal was greeted with more success as he enjoyed reasonable spells with both Covilho and Penafiel without ever being able to truly establish himself as first choice at the same time as he was performing with distinction for the Iranian national team.

Starting all three of Team Melli’s matches in Brazil, Haghighi was a standout throughout before returning to Kazan but once again failing to establish himself.

That prompted a move back to Portugal where he featured sporadically for Maritimo after joining the club in January this year earning both praise and raising eyebrows in equal measure.

After having appeared to claim the starting job in pre-season the recent arrival of Brazilian Eduardo Gottardi means he’ll have a fight on his hands to claim the starting job but he should be well in the mix to earn a spot at some point throughout the season.

A regular in Iranian national selections where he’s regarded as a good shot-stopper with a decent command of his area this season could emerge as a key one in the 28-year-old’s career.

If Haghighi wants to fulfill the promise that saw him earn the honour of being the youngest ever captain of Iranian giants Persepolis at the age of just 19 he needs to push to win the starting job and then become steady enough to hang onto it."

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/footbal...uropean-stars/

Comment

^ Good article on Haghighi.

Comment

Alireza Haghighi @ C.S. Marítimo Funchal Madeira | 2016

Not that it comes as a surprise but Haghighi was benched again, this time by the new GK. They lost 2-0 against Sporting CP, the first league game.

Comment

He won't be number one and planning to leave the club, the issue is he has 3 years left in contract, Kazan scenario all over again!
                      http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1350677...B4%D9%88%D8%AF

Comment

According to Iranian media, he has terminated his contract now.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                          well according to this, he was sacked becasue of his poor performance

http://video.varzesh3.com/video/1217...8C%D9%85%D9%88!

Comment

Time to see just how true those La Liga offers are

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                              Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              well according to this, he was sacked becasue of his poor performance

http://video.varzesh3.com/video/1217...8C%D9%85%D9%88!
                              well six of one or Half Dozen of other..!!
                              my guess is that after riding the bench for so long, he signed with Maritimo with a promise of a more Starter role..!!? didnt live up to Maritimo's expectation as a starter, so they went out and signed this new brizilian keeper and bumped him ahead of Alireza, so he pretty much asked for his contract to be dissolved and let go, and Maritimo were happy to oblige..!!??

question is where to next..??? you'd have thought he had some other options when he asked to be let go..?
                              were there any truth to those La liga rumors..??
                              i dont think its far fetched for a lower league teams there to bring him on a cheap, as a reinforcement/back up position..?? if you gonna be a back up, then better off in La Liga than Portugal..!!

Comment

^^if that is true than maybe he should stop pretending to be a football player and follow his true passion of modeling in Europe. Cause from social media he is more concern about how he looks and dresses than practicing.
                                IRI = FAILED

Comment

Working...
                                X