U23 Asian Championship; Quarter Final; Iran - Japan [22-01-2016]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    that is true, also CQ has better tactics, if people like MK blame him we cant score we can defend though, how shitty the defense in the second extra time, cant close down and let in 2 goal in 1 min that is bad, really bad, and embarassing to be honest
    That's right.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
      That's right.
      Lol...

Comment

To be frank, I don't care about Olympics (minor football tournament), I didn't even follow the past editions and I couldn't tell the participating teams. Someone was mocking the 2016 participating teams but they would all smack us at this rate and I don't think EU scouts would have like that. Actually, contrary to WC, I think only the best players of the top 3 in Olympic will have interests from EU clubs.

Not qualifying in Basketball, Handball and worst of all in Volleyball upset me much more.

Comment

Well, that player who said we'll see the real Iran in this match didn't lie. We definitely saw the real Iran

Comment

Lineups
            JAPAN versus IRAN
            1 GK MASATOSHI KUSHIBIKI
            3 MF ENDO WATARU (C) 113 99
            4 DF IWANAMI TAKUYA
            5 DF UEDA NAOMICHI
            7 MF RIKI HARAKAWA
            10 MF NAKAJIMA SHOYA 108, 110
            11 FW YUYA KUBO 82
            12 DF MUROYA SEI
            15 DF MASASHI KAMEKAWA
            20 FW ONAIWU ADO
            21 MF SHINYA YAJIMA 88
            Japan versus Saudi ar
            2 DF KEN MATSUBARA 68 29
            5 DF UEDA NAOMICHI
            6 DF RYOSUKE YAMANAKA
            8 MF RYOTA OHSHIMA (C) 32
            10 MF NAKAJIMA SHOYA
            13 DF TATSUKI NARA 10
            17 MF MISAO KENTO 66
            18 FW TAKUMI MINAMINO
            19 MF IDEGUCHI YOSUKE 53
            20 FW ONAIWU ADO 85
            22 GK DAICHI SUGIMOTO
            on bench :
            1 GK MASATOSHI KUSHIBIKI
            3 MF ENDO WATARU
            4 DF IWANAMI TAKUYA
            7 MF RIKI HARAKAWA
            9 FW MUSASHI SUZUKI
            11 FW YUYA KUBO 85
            12 DF MUROYA SEI
            14 FW TOYOKAWA YUTA
            15 DF MASASHI KAMEKAWA 68
            16 FW TAKUMA ASANO 66
            21 MF SHINYA YAJIMA
            23 GK NIEKAWA AYUMI

It is not about fitness. It is a fact that the japanese had rested more. Omid team wore itself out in the first half. it played with Gheirat. Seeing these lists can tell you not to bad mad. Even if Motahari had scored 3 goals, the japs would have pushed it into extended periods and the tired legs would have lost in the penalty shootouts even with 3-3. AFC problem to fix the unfairness. anyway this damn sri lanka referee did his damage too. He frightened some players with cards in his pocket.

Comment

Mottahari is another version of Borhani, the guy won't cut it to A team, too wasteful, there is huge gap between him and Sardar or even Gucci and Taremi.

Comment

Sounds like it was a stressful game as usual for Iranian football. I am glad I missed it. Frankly I am surprised they lasted 90 minutes before falling apart like that, I was expecting Japan to finish it off within the 90 minutes. On top of that, why am I not surprised there were missed chances by our players. Cheshmi missed a penalty against Qatar, we lost a bunch of scoring chances against China.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  I agree it's an inappropriate thing to say, but what has this to do with our Omid team losing in such a heartbreaking way? Today we lost on mentality, simple. Our players have much more individual quality than the Japanese, I am proud of them regardless of the score.
                  thats way overstating it..!! Japanese wouldnt be moving on instead of us if there were half truth to that statement..!!
                  Fact is in modern game of football slightly superior individual talent simply isnt as big of factor as having an Organized and Tactically Disciplined Team playing confidently with winner vigor and swag ..!!

i do agree that TM @ all levels sorely lack that Wining Mentality and thats not easily attained.. !! it would take a much more psychologically sophisticated, well experienced & respected coach/care-takers and Mostly Prior On-field Success for that to occur and become the Norm ..!!
                  Prior success breeds Confidence and Winner's Vigor more than anything..!!

thats why its vital not cheap out and loose CQ too...! cause the likely alternatives are Kpoor, goozoo MK, GN and such..!!

and as they say, Cheap things No good, Good Things No Cheap...!! and no way around that...

Comment

LOL@ people who say we have more individual skills, football is group sport, is game of tactics, planning, thinking for every minute of game and you need to have right mixture of talents, hard working players. Iran has probably 1 of many in this U23 team.
                    Japan played it perfectly, they knew Iran will be out of gas and had plan for OT.
                    As i said before, the right side hole wasn't replaced by anyone, Khakpour played with 3 defenders when Abdollahzadeh was out, he had a pretty solid game and bang Japan scores two goals from that area. This is basic of coaching.

Comment

We just missed shots just like how our TM does. Yet again Iran should have had Sardar Azmoun and their main attackers. We don't know how to score. We lack the confidence infront of the goal. I suggest: Yoga lol

Comment

In spite of this we really have won if we had just Sardar and Nourollai and ezatollai. CQ could have helped if he had been asked. but mihani coaches think they are good enough and deserve a million. 100k dollars/year is maximum they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          If Motahari had not wasted all those chances n regular time, we'd ben cheering right now.
                          He's just too wasteful. Maybe if he focused on his finishing as much as his crappy hairstyle, we would have seen a different scoreline.
                          We must hire psychologists for our players of all ages and ALL TEAMS. Our players of all ages get too emotional and lose focus easily. That's what happened after Japan's first goal. Our lads just lost all their shape and focus, allowing Japan to seal the game immediately.
                          This game is the game of missed chances. And we just didn't capitalize on our possession and more importantly on at least 4 brilliant scoring chances!
                          But they are young and I hope they maintain this form and become a stronger future TM.
                          After all we pushed Asia's too team to the brink of elimination. That's something to take home and build on.
                          Not really! Just last week every one was saying how crappy this Japan team was. We were the most promising team in this tournament. It was for us to lose it and we did. And our disappointment was not just on one game - Thanks to our Mangers we were consistent throughout.
                          .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

This is another heart break for our players, fans and IR football's future. The Olympics were a chance for our young players to showcase their talents and be seen by big teams.
                            The players missed some great scoring chances during the game and it came back to haunt them at the end. But I also want put some of the responsibility on the coaching staff. Khakpour made a wrong decision in the game against Qatar by not putting his strongest team in the lineup and he should have done more to avoid Japan (in quarter finals) since they were the favorites in that group. Then his decision to have Mayeli Gohan as his assistant (I don't even want to go there).
                            A sad day in our football. Not because we lost, but because of our mismanagement and the idiots in charge. Because of our talented young players not having another shot on a world stage. Because we won't get to cheer them on this summer. And mostly, because nothing has changed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes football is cruel if you don't score when you should you will get scored on
                              However Japan had a game plan and thief subs were excellent
                              Khakpour was definitely out coached today
                              Unfortunately I did predict the outcome of today's game after watching our first 3 matches 😔😔😠😠

Now the success of our TM to make the WC 2018 is even much more important to soothe our heartache
                              And save our football's future

Comment

I'm so tired of this "individual quality" argument....

Individual quality will get you out of the group stage, maybe. It won't win you championships.

So congrats, we have amazing individual quality. Enjoy advancing from the group stage, hope it was fun for you. Meanwhile, teams who have more than just individual quality (proper coaches, proper training, proper stamina, lack of men on the brink of insanity as technical directors....) are winning titles and going to the Olympics.

Comment

Working...
                                X