A rising star with Arjen Robben style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rising star with Arjen Robben style

The way he drives at defenders and keeps the ball so close to himself that he can cut in either direction. He can snake through defenders until he has just enough space to shoot or cross the ball. He’s determined. He knows that if he cuts inside he can bend the ball into the far or near corner, and use the defenders as shields, so their own keeper can’t get a good look at the ball.
    He is like Robben, the master of the change of pace. He will dribble, stop for a second, and then take off again. He appears to stutter along and then will burst past a couple defenders. And all the while he's looking for that window, that small opening, to strike the ball through.
    Tight and close control of the ball when dribbling, change of pace after going past a defender.
    Ability to bend the ball to shoot or cross the ball, play quick one and two touch soccer when closed down and double teamed and tireless in their desire to beat players and score goals

His name is Mahdi Torabi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSB8oDgxZE

Originally posted by Ikiosan View Post
    The way he drives at defenders and keeps the ball so close to himself that he can cut in either direction. He can snake through defenders until he has just enough space to shoot or cross the ball. He’s determined. He knows that if he cuts inside he can bend the ball into the far or near corner, and use the defenders as shields, so their own keeper can’t get a good look at the ball.
    He is like Robben, the master of the change of pace. He will dribble, stop for a second, and then take off again. He appears to stutter along and then will burst past a couple defenders. And all the while he's looking for that window, that small opening, to strike the ball through.
    Tight and close control of the ball when dribbling, change of pace after going past a defender.
    Ability to bend the ball to shoot or cross the ball, play quick one and two touch soccer when closed down and double teamed and tireless in their desire to beat players and score goals

His name is Mahdi Torabi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSB8oDgxZE
    Where did you find him?

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
      Where did you find him?
      I did not find him, I noticed at the AFC U23 Championship Qatar 2016

Comment

Fun fact: Torabi only has 2.480 followers on Instagram, while Azmoun and Taremi have 1 million followers combined!!

https://www.instagram.com/mahditorabi.m/ follow him on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Ikiosan View Post
          I did not find him, I noticed at the AFC U23 Championship Qatar 2016
          He looks awesome. You have a sharp eye. Are you a football agent?

Comment

Yes, he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a move to Europe within 1 or 2 years.
            Thanks for the compliment I'm just a fan, although I have to analyze a lot of data for my job

Comment

His TM matches so far have been pretty good too, he has a bright future. Hopefully takes the right development path, keeps fighting, and gets a chance to move to Europe.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

He reminds me a lot of Riyad Mahrez who play for Leicester (2nd in PL) . Excellent dribbling ability, great shot, quick, also similar in terms of physique.

Comment

base dige haji

Comment

Of the new players that CQ has introduced in TM I am very impressed with Ezzatollahi and Torabi. More so with Ezzatollahi. I was like wow when he played against Japan. He showed such maturity and control that soon he will replace Ando.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                      Of the new players that CQ has introduced in TM I am very impressed with Ezzatollahi and Torabi. More so with Ezzatollahi. I was like wow when he played against Japan. He showed such maturity and control that soon he will replace Ando.
                      He is more suited for a DM role with the responsibilities that Nekounam had rather than Ando. Not many people can play Ando's position, its very difficult and requires more speed and aggression than Ezzatollahi has
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Look at all the players who Carlos invited to Team Melli.

Just take a look at them.

From the likes of Mehrdad Pouladi of 2011 alll the way to the likes of a Mehdi Torabi of 2015.

Look at who he picks for the national team and look at WHAT happens to them after their experience with Queiroz.

Now imagine if we had an uneducated, backward thinking, enforcing Islam into our Team Melli, and full of party bazi head coach..

Now go ahead and continue bashing Carlos Queiroz, you ignoramuses lol.

Comment

Mehdi Torabi is awesome!

Thanks for this thread

Comment

Torabi is a BEAST and should go to Germany.
                            sigpic

Comment

The irony lies in the fact that Mayelikohan accuses CQ of not following our league and yet it's the same player who CQ put in the spotlight (and who was clearly off MK's radar) that is now saving face for MK and company.

Comment

Working...
                              X