Motaheri
      Saghebi--Pahlevan--Torabi
      Ali Karmi-Cheshmi
      Aliyari-Daneshgar-Kanani-Abdollahzadeh
      Akhbari

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
        Daneshgar is starter and co captain.
        Khakpour is not too crazy about Kanani. He missed a training camp.
        Do you know which positions can Mahan Rahmani play? the few times I watched him at Saipa showed him as a winger or forward while I'm confused about how Khakpour is using him

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
          Do you know what positions can Mahan Rahmani play? the few times I watched him at Saipa showed him as a winger or forward while I'm confused about how Khakpour is using him
          He play DM.
          He is young and a fighter but a bit slow.
          He used to play MF for u19.
          He has a calm demeanor and nice personality the kind coaches like specially during training and practice.
          if i can recall correctly he scored during WAFF games.

بازی با فولاد
          ماهان رحمانی نوبرانی

Comment

Overall a pretty strong team with the core of Akhbari, Cheshmi, Mohammadi, Torabi, Karimi etc. but a couple of questionmarks regarding Nourollahi, Esmailifar and Chaab as mentioned. Especially comparing with Rahmani and Naghizadeh with Nourollahi. I would also considering comparing Esmaeilifar with RB's in the squad. Heydarieh, Daneshgar and Aliyari are all great players but I'm not sure they are natural RB's. But more importantly I'm a bit worried that we don't a real centre forward or box striker in the overall squad, if we get stuck and need another type of forward to change the game plan.

I'd probably start

4-2-3-1 (R-L):
            Akhbari - Daneshgar/Heydarieh/Aliyari, Kanaani, Cheshmi, Mohammadi - Karimi, Kamandani - Torabi, Pahlevan, Mohammadi - Motahari

or

4-2-3-1 (R-L):
            Akhbari - Heydarieh/Aliyari, Kanaani, Mohebi/Daneshgar, Mohammadi - Karimi, Cheshmi - Torabi, Pahlevan, Mohammadi - Motahari

The best scenario would be if Ezatolahi would start the first instead of Kamandani in the first 11, and Azmoun instead of Motahari.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
              Overall a pretty strong team with the core of Akhbari, Cheshmi, Mohammadi, Torabi, Karimi etc. but a couple of questionmarks regarding Nourollahi, Esmailifar and Chaab as mentioned. Especially comparing with Rahmani and Naghizadeh with Nourollahi. I would also considering comparing Esmaeilifar with RB's in the squad. Heydarieh, Daneshgar and Aliyari are all great players but I'm not sure they are natural RB's. But more importantly I'm a bit worried that we don't a real centre forward or box striker in the overall squad, if we get stuck and need another type of forward to change the game plan.
              I'd probably start
              4-2-3-1 (R-L): Akhbari - Daneshgar/Heydarieh/Aliyari, Kanaani, Cheshmi, Mohammadi - Karimi, Kamandani - Torabi, Pahlevan, Mohammadi - Motahari
              Daneshgar will play starting CD and not as RB.
              Ali Abdollahzadh or Mohebbi will start as RB.

Comment

Comment

St. Mark, what are our prospects/ chances in qualifying for Olympics?

Comment

^
                    Dear as much as we desire and hope our chances are not good at all.

Grup A:
                    Qatar, Iran, Syria , China PR.

Group B:
                    Japan, Saudi Arabia , N Korea , Thailand.

From Group B Korea and one of Japan or Saudi will advance.

From Group A hard to tell. Recently we did well in Qatar but our games were close and we struggled.

Our addition of Torabi and Kanani is a plus but not deciding factor. This team need Sardar Azmoon and there is no replacement for him.

Last time during Waff games Syria defeated Qatar but i think that won't happen again and Qatar is one of the team with best chance to advance from this group at home.
                    Iran should defeat China and Syria.

Even if we advance we will face Japan /Saudi or Korea.
                    Saudi defeated Iran in Tehran and Korea defeated same team as U20 few years ago.

To advance against these teams U23 has to play with physical and mental strength and be lucky.

I hope we can overcome this...

Comment

You are confusing north and South Korea. The Korea in group B is North who aren't as strong as south.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                        You are confusing north and South Korea. The Korea in group B is North who aren't as strong as south.
                        You are correct and its N korea in Group B and they are not as strong as South Korea. I am not sure how much difference it will make as Both Japan & Saudi are strong teams.

N Korea requested a game with Iran in UAE or Qatar but Khakpour rejected such request and said because they are strong and not good to play them before the games. I think he said they are strong and to avoid risk of physical or psychological damage.
                        their first game is vs Japan on Jan 13. we shall see how good they are.

Comment

Why isn't Behnam Barzay in the list?

Comment

A bit of a handicapped roster without Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun and Nourollahi. These three players could have made a big impact. But lets wait and see. Maybe the whole team will perform better and more coherent without these players since they have not been part of the team for a long time now.

Also there are still unsolved issues between Khakpour and Kafashian that might hurt the team. I hope the presence of CQ in Qatar will give these youngsters a big moral boost.
                            sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                            >-----------------<
                            Marg bar dictator
                            >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                              Why isn't Behnam Barzay in the list?
                              He's just worse than the players called up in his position

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                                N Korea requested a game with Iran in UAE or Qatar but Khakpour rejected such request and said because they are strong and not good to play them before the games. I think he said they are strong and to avoid risk of physical or psychological damage.
                                their first game is vs Japan on Jan 13. we shall see how good they are.
                                Today North Korea played against Iraq and they lost to 1-3. They aren't that strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X