BEST GOALKEEPER EVER !!! Naser Hejazi vs. Abedzadeh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    well back then football was different but if you win 3 asian cup, play in 2 olympics, get to the quater in 1976 and play in 1978, that must be very good
    It would mean he is very good compared to other keepers of his time. It doesn't indicate how he compares to keepers of others eras who were not in direct competition with him for a spot on TM.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

very difficult to compare players of 2 very different eras, but my vote goes to Abedzadeh. Just seems to be more athletic and just an overall stronger presence in goal.

Clearly players today are bigger, stronger and faster because of better training and diet. Yes, Hejazi was recruited by Manchester united at a time where our only well known legionnaire was Adelkhani, but on the flip side, one could also say that back then there were no sanctions against Iranians so in some ways it was easier to play abroad.
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Naser Hejazi played in an era when your defenders could pass the ball back and the goalkeeper could pick it up with his hands. Ahmadreza Abedzadeh played during a time when a goalie couldn’t do that.

The speed and techniques implemented in the game of football changes through time. I believe Abedzadeh startedalmost 15-20 years after Hejazi.

Both players have played in a World Cup (1978 and 1998). Both players have competed in multiple Asian Cups. Both players have not played in Europe. Hejazi had an offer from Man U but he declined.

This is a difficult one because both of them have a respectable and commendable resume in terms of statistics. They are both legends in my book but my vote goes to Abedzadeh.

Comment

This is stupid. Might as well ask are you above 50 or under 50.
          "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

I did not see much of Hejazi and Abedzadeh is one of my favorite players ever. In fact it was abedzadeh's saves on p.K against china that got me loving TM and football. However, perhaps unfortunately for Abedzadeh he played at the same time as Al-Deayea the saudi keeper who has won it all and is perhaps the best Asian goalie ever. For this reason alone I have to give it to Hejazi as he was the best in his time and won titles and qualified to the world cup.

Comment

I would say Abedzadeh because every game he acted to every shot and he acts serious and he started playing for Iran when he was 22.

Comment

Working...
              X