No announcement yet.

Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Reasonable arguments here. I don't know why we seem to argue MLS vs. IPL every few weeks on PFDC. They are similar quality leagues, and the fact that both sides can make decent arguments must mean something.

We should stop trying to convince each other, they are similar in quality with different strengths and weaknesses. Neither is miles ahead of the either, and a top MLS team would play a good match against a top IPL team. Can we stop with this argument, it's a personal opinion which is better and both sides are correct in different ways. Beitashour would be a serviceable RB in IPL, and would probably be on the radar for a TM callup even if he was playing for the past few years in IPL. He is not Iran's best RB, but his qualities make him at least in the conversation for a top 3 roster spot. He has weaknesses in his game, but all of our RB options have their own weaknesses. We should stop bickering on this subject and just allow people their opinions.

Comment

Interesting take on the ranking of different Asian leagues. A-League isn't rated highly in Asia?

In Africa the top 3 leagues belong to Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia no doubt. The top clubs from all three would probably beat my local club - TFC - if that's the measuring stick. Especially Ahly. The MLS may be more competitive overall - though this season was a one horse race.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
        Interesting take on the ranking of different Asian leagues. A-League isn't rated highly in Asia?

In Africa the top 3 leagues belong to Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia no doubt. The top clubs from all three would probably beat my local club - TFC - if that's the measuring stick. Especially Ahly. The MLS may be more competitive overall - though this season was a one horse race.
        Al Ahly is a very good Egyptian team. Id say they are one of the best clubs in Africa.

I know very little about African clubs, but shouldnt South African clubs be ranked higher than Tunisian clubs? They have some good teams in SA

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          Al Ahly is a very good Egyptian team. Id say they are one of the best clubs in Africa.
          I know very little about African clubs, but shouldnt South African clubs be ranked higher than Tunisian clubs? They have some good teams in SA
          Overall the Tunisian league is stronger. South Africa's league is basically arcade style football as they badly lack tactics. Mamelodi Sundowns and Orlando Pirates are probably their two strongest clubs and can sometimes get results, but they're usually on the losing side against organized teams.

I'd rank their league 4th after one of Morocco/Tunisia (hard to separate)

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
            Lol more importantly the AFC ranking system has something to say about that. Like opinions even matter for league rankings
            Iraqi league is not even among top 10. Iranian league is top 4 material.

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
            I think Omar Khirbin would have something to say about that.
            The quality of league is not just infrastructure, it depends on fans and quality of players, and tactics too. Iranian league has many home grown talents compared to Saudi league which has only a handful decent local players, some good European/African/SAmerican imports and then none. Saudi top goal scorer is a Syrian player, Omar Souma! How about us?

Omar Kherbin is not a top player, he was just lucky he didn't play against 100k fan in Azadi and Beiranvand was not in form in those days. Horrible performance by Shoja and Beiranvand in one match brought us down and Al Hilal bank on those mistake, plus don't even mention the Arab referee that ruined the second leg for us by giving a BS PK to Al Hilal and not giving us a PK. At least Omar AbuRahman was a better player. Saudis are complaining about Kherbin not being a good goal scorer for them.

SS vs AlAin second leg and PP vs AlHilal first leg were both embarrassment. You lost to your stupid coach and we lost because of Beiro and Shoja being horrible. But don't forget Saudi football confederation had and has influence over AFC and forced us to play in Oman and Qatar against them! Emiratis are doing the same now. And you guys played a match in Tehran vs us who didn't have that advantage (we played against Al Hilal in Oman). I don't know how horrible the referee was in your match in Dubai but the referee in Oman was a Jordanian Arab, which we complained to be changed but AFC denied us and the guy was horrible and in favor of Al Hilal.

Anyway let us not get into this and leave Beitashour thread alone. We can discuss about this in another thread.
            Last edited by PersianLegion; 01-13-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
              Traditionally speaking i think Tunisian league is even better than Moroccan with Esperance and Étoile.

Comment

It's a done deal, but not announced officially yet:

https://www.wakingthered.com/2018/1/...ansfer-rumours

Comment

LAFC GM confirms Beitashour deal should be completed soon:

"Thorrington said that the club are currently closing deals that are “all but done,” and that they should be making a few player announcements very soon. One of those additions will likely be veteran right back Steven Beitashour, who has reportedly agreed to a free agent deal with LAFC after two years with Toronto FC."

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...uperdraft-pick

Comment

Would have been interesting to see Taremi go to this team, but Trump

Comment

It has been officially announced. Beitashour to new MLS expansion team, LAFC:

https://twitter.com/LAFC?ref_src=tws...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

"Steven Beitashour joins Los Angeles Football Club

MLS Cup winner Steven Beitsahour joins the MLS expansion side prior to their debut season.

On Wednesday, Los Angeles Football Club announced the signing of MLS veteran defender Steven Beitashour. The eight-year MLS player will bring experience to a side that will have to adapt to MLS play quickly. The 30-year-old won the 2017 MLS Cup with Toronto FC.

Beitashour is just the second free agent signing in club history. The Iranian international is a California native and will return to his home state once again after playing with the San Jose Earthquakes from 2010-2013."

https://www.vavel.com/en-us/soccer/m...ball-club.html

Comment

So... Can we agree when LAFC is created it will be a better team than any Iranian team...? Theoretically, this team could compete in La Liga as midtableish team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                          So... Can we agree when LAFC is created it will be a better team than any Iranian team...? Theoretically, this team could compete in La Liga as midtableish team.
                          Lol nah low table at best if not relegated... MLS isn't even close to La Liga bro

Comment

No. Just no.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              No. Just no.
                              I’m saying this because they are buying quality players with La Liga/European experience maybe not La Liga fit but better than any IPL team tbf.

Comment

I’m saying this because they are buying quality players with La Liga/European experience maybe not La Liga fit but better than any IPL team tbf.
                                Don't argue w/ IPL fanatics here, IPL teams have been getting thrashed yearly by Saudis and UAE teams and we're still under the deluded impression that our league is magically better than theirs LOL (and before someone says we have more "talent", I only mean the overall quality of teams not players).

On another note, LAFC wouldn't be mid-table in La Liga. They'd be in a relegation battle

Comment

Working...
                                X