Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
    I really want to know what happened with Beitashour during his time with Team Melli.

I remember the players said Daniel and Mehrdad hung out by themselves and alone.

One still wonders if Farsi and the distance he has to travel the reason why Beitashour was not called up again. I wonder if it was mutual.

I would like to read or hear what he has to say about his time with Team Melli.
    I was arguing with people back in the day for this very reason. People's argument was trying to pin it down to Davari's quality, but there has to be something more. CQ has shown that plenty of players with major weak streaks to their games have been given multiple chances. At the time Davari was dropped too, he was still the starter on Grasshoppers, a big club. I just think that dropping two players like that during the same camp, and never calling up Beitashour again, even when Ghafouri was injured means that there is something more that happened.

In retrospect, I think Davari might not have been a long term choice for TM, but I'm not sure anyone could definitively say his quality was the reason in November 2014. The guy had weaknesses in his reactions, but a certain Mr. Biranvand has kind of been a "statue" too, and CQ hasn't dropped him like hot garbage. He continually gives players multiple chances, even when they're clubless. I am not sure why these two players got dropped, but I think it was for disciplinary reasons. Not that they acted out, but they must have communicated something to CQ that he didn't like. Maybe asked if they could skip the November camp before Asian cup and join for the actual cup? I remember Davari did that, but it's possible Beitashour did too, leading to their permanent exclusion for not wanting to wear the national shirt enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork View Post
      He could have been on the US's bench at least by now. If I were him I'd be pissed for not getting called up. The guy is talented enough to at least train with TM and display his talents. All the teams he has been on have had amazing defense (relative to MLS standards).
      I think he's glad he's not with the US given the year we had this year. LOL @ WORLD CUP

Comment

I really like Beitashour, but he is old. I think we could have used him in AC 2015. Amiri and Hajsafi on the Left kind of cost us that game. I really think that was the tactical error that killed us, as Hajsafi was being exploited all game and their goals were all attacks on our LB position, and although Amiri played well, it was one of his first games for TM on a big stage. His jitters caused the poor penalty and our loss.

I would have rather switched Beitashour in for Shojaei, and kept Hajsafi on the LM position. We had almost no depth at the wingback positions in our AC lineup if you check it out. Khanzadeh and Sadeghi seemed like the only viable options, and neither is really truly made to play on the wings.

I would have gone with a lineup like this with a man down:

------------Haghighi----------------
        Ghafouri-PAG-Hosseini-Beitashour
        -----Nekounam-Teymourian------
        Dejagah--------------------Hajsafi
        ------------Azmoun---------------

This would have prevented many goals. I think CQ had no real defensive depth, and was forced in that AC to go more attacking for the sub just based on player quality. Amiri in and Hajsafi moving back to LB was the best option we had at that moment. If we had Mohammadi in 2015, we would have 99% been Asian champions. At the time, we could have used Beitashour as a sub wingback though. I remember he really wanted to join the team for the cup too.

Comment

I think the birth of your daughter is a legitimate reason to miss out on a TM training camp. CQ was way too harsh to drop him like trash because of that.

Comment

no need to make theories..
            Davari was just not good enough and Steve is too far, imagine every time he would need to come to a TM camp he would be travelling for 24 hours to get to Tehran, would need to take atleast two flights.
            Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
            http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
            [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
            Villa + Messi =

Comment

Davari = couldn't speak farsi.
              Beitashour = barely spoke farsi and is too far.

End of story.

Comment

My interpretation was that Beitashour and Davari kept to themselves and weren't really gelling well with the rest of the team.
                Davari rejecting an invite to a training camp also really rubbed CQ the wrong way.
                Guys like Dejagah who barely spoke Persian at first really did well to integrate themselves into the team.

Comment

Originally posted by shayan_esteghlali View Post
                  no need to make theories..
                  Davari was just not good enough and Steve is too far, imagine every time he would need to come to a TM camp he would be travelling for 24 hours to get to Tehran, would need to take atleast two flights.
                  Justin Meram doesn't seem too far for Iraq

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    My interpretation was that Beitashour and Davari kept to themselves and weren't really gelling well with the rest of the team.
                    Davari rejecting an invite to a training camp also really rubbed CQ the wrong way.
                    Guys like Dejagah who barely spoke Persian at first really did well to integrate themselves into the team.
                    Dejagah's Persian was pretty decent, not great but much better than Beitashour, or even Zandi. Same as Gucci's.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      Dejagah's Persian was pretty decent, not great but much better than Beitashour, or even Zandi. Same as Gucci's.
                      Agreed 100% but Dejagah showed great effort and befriended all the players. He is very popular and there is a reason CQ makes him captain sometimes.
                      Where as Beitashour and Davari apparently only stayed in their hotel rooms.

Dejagah is now comfortable enough in Iran that he stays by himself for extended periods of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Agreed 100% but Dejagah showed great effort and befriended all the players. He is very popular and there is a reason CQ makes him captain sometimes.
                        Where as Beitashour and Davari apparently only stayed in their hotel rooms.

Dejagah is now comfortable enough in Iran that he stays by himself for extended periods of time.
                        I think he's confident enough to drive in Iran.

Comment

Talking about Beitashour, i don't think he is worse than Ghafouri and even Rezaeian, i mean he has been starter for one of the best MLS team. I think lack of integration with the rest of the team is the main reason why he was not invited since WC.

Comment

If some of you just watched his games instead of assuming that being a starter in MLS means hes really good, there wouldnt be these ridiculous conspiracies.

Beitashour is extremely timid going forward (something that Queiroz has always wanted the rb to do hence why he usually starts Rezaeian). He's usually afraid to take a player on one on one and just passes the ball backwards majority of the times. Hes also really slow which is okay in Torontos 3-5-2 but would be a burdun in tm. Defensively he is okay but nothing great that some make it seem. He is overall a pretty average player and is not better than either of Rezaeian or Ghafouri. Honestly hes not even better than the Mahini's or any decent rb in Iran.

If anyone thinks I am biased or something here is his whoscored rating : https://www.whoscored.com/Players/85...ven-Beitashour

He has a 6.60 throughout the season which is pretty average, but pretty bad when taking into account its lower than TFC's average and is the 18th rating on the team (worst starter).

Also, there are many players who are still consistent starters today that havent been called up since the World cup. Alenemeh, Rahmani, Beikzadeh, etc are examples of this so its not like Beitashour is the only one.

At some point some of you just have to accept that, just like a player born and raised im Iran, a player born and raised abroad can just simply not be good enough.

Comment

Beitashour from what I see is an excellent RWB, but not a reliable RB

Comment

"Steven Beitashour: "Another 90 minutes to go and get the result we want"

The defender is looking towards another 90 minutes to book their place in the next round after what he felt was a good performance from his teammates.

After a solid 2-1 win over the New York Red Bulls, Toronto FC's Steven Beitashour spoke to the media about his overall thoughts on the game. The defender touched upon the team's performance, goalkeeper Alex Bono and the wonder that is Sebastian Giovinco.

The playoffs offer a different challenge to teams

Based on his own viewpoint, Beitashour felt that the very nature of the game last night was different from what usually happens in the regular season of Major League Soccer. He felt that in a game like this, "you have to be proactive; communicate as much as possible and be ahead of them [the opposition]." Beitashour thought that his team, for the most part, managed to keep the Red Bulls stymied throughout the game and everyone, from front to back, were more proactive than reactive, which helped them get the win.

Due to the tactical nature of most first-legs in knockout competitions, Beitashour also stated that the TFC coaching staff had worked hard to prepare the team from the starters to the substitutes, during training all throughout the week. The preparation is a "grind" according to the San Jose native but it shows just how deep Toronto are as a roster, which is good news for them and their fans.

On the performances of Bono and Giovinco

Beitashour also took time to answer about Alex Bono's key saves especially right at the end of the game, which kept Toronto in front. The defender stated that the team are "definitely glad to have him back there" and the young goalkeeper definitely proved his worth once again last night.

As for talisman Giovinco who put Toronto on the front foot again in the second half with a fantastic free-kick, Beitashour stated that everyone was "excited to have him and those free kicks" in the team. The TFC man ended his time by saying he looked forward to seeing the home crowd this weekend and that Toronto FC would give them the good performance that they are expecting.

The two teams will meet up on November 5, 2017, at BMO Field for the second leg of the Audi 2017 MLS Cup Playoffs and Beitashour will be hoping that his team finishes off the job in front of their fans."

https://www.vavel.com/en-us/soccer/m...t-we-want.html

Comment

Working...
                                X