No announcement yet.

Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven selected for the bench on MLS Team of the Conference Finals by MLSAces Sportblog:

http://mlsaces.sportsblog.com/posts/...ce-finals.html

Comment

What's sad about Beita situation is...Iranian sports media including pfdc have made no mention of his club success at all. In the end he is a Iran cap tied legionnaire. This guy has everything working againstt him. Hope TFC wins it all.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        What's sad about Beita situation is...Iranian sports media including pfdc have made no mention of his club success at all. In the end he is a Iran cap tied legionnaire. This guy has everything working againstt him. Hope TFC wins it all.

Navad covers his and his clubs performances every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
          Navad covers his and his clubs performances every week.
          Bazam be Navad. I forgot about their legionnaire roundup. I meam I read more about Ansarifard rumours than Beita's sucess this past week.

Comment

Bazam be Navad. I forgot about their legionnaire roundup. I meam I read more about Ansarifard rumours than Beita's sucess this past week.

Well that's probably because Ansarifard has more of a key role for TM than Steven, and a transfer to a team like Olympiakos could be a pretty big deal

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
              Well that's probably because Ansarifard has more of a key role for TM than Steven, and a transfer to a team like Olympiakos could be a pretty big deal
              Yes could be a very big deal and if it happens. Winning the MLS east is a big deal and winning a league title could be even if bigger. One thing for sure is Beita has a real chance but Ansarifard is pure rumour and speculation. Nonetheless you have a point but then why do we see more about non-significant TM players in Qatar, Russia and Turkey?

All I amsaying is for as much as we debate Beita's skill, value to TM, and Persianness...would be nice to read about his achivement(s) and see some highlights. He set up a beauty goal in an important match.

Comment

Yes could be a very big deal and if it happens. Winning the MLS east is a big deal and winning a league title could be even if bigger. One thing for sure is Beita has a real chance but Ansarifard is pure rumour and speculation. Nonetheless you have a point but then why do we see more about non-significant TM players in Qatar, Russia and Turkey?

All I amsaying is for as much as we debate Beita's skill, value to TM, and Persianness...would be nice to read about his achivement(s) and see some highlights. He set up a beauty goal in an important match.

I agree with both you and Zjoon. Although we should report Beita's role more often, its obvious Karim plays a bigger role in TM's future as of now.

Comment

Here is his assist for those who wanted to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJM4p5uZVY

Comment

i like beita, but lets face it, he is a solid MLS defender, which dont get me wrong, means he is an ok player. But ramin, even though i hated on him a lot last year, has really been turning in excellent after excellent performance. In terms of beita being a back up, him and vouria ghafouri are pretty much the same level, you could argue one is slightly better than the other ( I would say vouria) and given that he has been in the setup longer, knows the system better, it makes sense that steven isnt getting called up. Also it makes sense that we favor our domestic league players over players that are abroad at a level that is more or less the same as IPL

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      i like beita, but lets face it, he is a solid MLS defender, which dont get me wrong, means he is an ok player. But ramin, even though i hated on him a lot last year, has really been turning in excellent after excellent performance. In terms of beita being a back up, him and vouria ghafouri are pretty much the same level, you could argue one is slightly better than the other ( I would say vouria) and given that he has been in the setup longer, knows the system better, it makes sense that steven isnt getting called up. Also it makes sense that we favor our domestic league players over players that are abroad at a level that is more or less the same as IPL
                      Come on man, you don't actually think IPL is on par with MLS too do you? Safe to say IPL is below the UAE league now, people are really trying hard to forget here how two IPL reps got knocked out last year by UAE teams.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        I like Beita too but rezaeian and ghafouri are just a few of many I'd rate ahead of Stevie boy at the moment by a decent margin. Not only do we have better options but beita isn't even a top fullback in MLS these days any more and isn't getting any younger. The domestic talents who prove themselves week in week out like saeid aghayee are much more deserving and worth giving that final bench spot to than beita for many obvious reasons. I still of course like to see beita succeed and think if he gains top form he can be considered again but I just don't see it happening.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Comments from Toronto FC coach Greg Vanney on the improvements on their defense this season:

"With the off-season addition of Moor, fullback Steven Beitashour and goalkeeper Clint Irwin, Toronto lowered its goals-against this season to 39, tied for second best in the league. The team gave up 58 last year, tied for worst."

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/...-go-back-years

Steven's comments on the cold weather prior to the MLC Cup final on Saturday:

"Environment Canada's forecast for Saturday evening called for a low of minus-5 C with a 30 per cent chance of snow. The high during the day will be zero with a mix of sun and cloud.
                          As for the rest of the week, the temperature is expected to be hovering around zero during the day.

"Weather is weather. You can't control it," Toronto fullback Steven Beitashour, a California native, said philosophically. "There's only so much you can do — throw on a couple of layers, maybe some gloves.

"But I'd be lying if I said I didn't check the weather. I did. And I've checked multiple times, hoping that that little snowflake turns into a sunshine. But both teams have to deal with it ... If it's cold, it's cold. If it's raining, it's raining. But it will be fun, no matter what.""

http://www.therecord.com/sports-stor...-for-practice/

Comment

Here is the full game of Toronto VS. Montreal. It was an amazing second leg. Went to over time. I think beitashour played the full 120 minutes.

The game winning assist by Beitashour was nice!

Comment

Beita is such a good dude, a good player, and he truly has heart and passion for TM. Probably the three most important characteristics of a TM player.

Only problem is the distance and lack of international breaks. Now if Toronto wins the MLS cup tourney and Steven gets a european offer...

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                                Come on man, you don't actually think IPL is on par with MLS too do you? Safe to say IPL is below the UAE league now, people are really trying hard to forget here how two IPL reps got knocked out last year by UAE teams.
                                I dont think IPL is a good league by any stretch of the imagination. But if you take into account the raw talent in the league, the craziness of the fans, etc it is around the MLS level. MLS doesnt have the raw talent, or the general atmosphere, but in terms of organization, facilities, etc tehy are far ahead, plus they are able to attract big name foreign players(albeit most are past their prime). So therefore, on the balance of things, MLS is probably slightly ahead of IPL. Its not that big of a difference in terms of actual quality, but in terms of the profile,maketing and looks wise obviously MLS is ahead

Comment

Working...
                                X