Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Beita and TFC play their first ever playoff match at home right now vs. Philadelphia. Hope Beita has a solid outting.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    good luck to him, plz post updates plz if ur watching!
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Beita moving well in attack. Shoulda beem set up for a goal. TFC coming close.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Yellow for TFCs Bradley.

Comment

Giovinco scores! 1-0 TFC 15th min!!!

Comment

Yellow to Philly min 25.

Comment

First half over 1-0 TFC.

Comment

48th min 2-0 TFC

Comment

Ouch weak defending although Beita not involved or at fault. Min 74 now 2-1 TFC.

Comment

3-1 TFC 86th min

Comment

Beita and TFC win 3-1 now a home and away against NYFC.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        Beita and TFC win 3-1 now a home and away against NYFC.

I will try to be at those games, have been meaning to watch him up close for a while
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          I will try to be at those games, have been meaning to watch him up close for a while
                          I watched him a few times in the stadium when he played for the Caps, he doesn't really dazzle the eye, but gets his job done effectively.

Actually talked to him once after a game. He was injured and didn't dress for the match (I knew he was hurt, I went to the game to see the maestro PIRLO :P). He was out back waiting for the team bus, and I got to talk to him briefly. We couldn't speak much because security was in my face (welcome to North American sports), but he seems like a good lad.

Comment

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-s...ng-nycfc-clash

Highlights in link as well.

Toronto FC down the Union to set up mouth-watering NYCFC clash

Toronto FC beat the Philadelphia Union in the first knockout match of the 2016 MLS Cup playoffs on goals from Sebastian Giovinco, Jonathan Osorio and Jozy Altidore. The win was the Reds' first postseason victory since they joined the league in 2007.

The victory puts TFC into the Eastern Conference semifinals, and they will host New York City FC on Sunday in the opening game of the two-match, total goals series.

Here are three talking points from Wednesday's match:

1. TFC makes history

A year after being embarrassed in their playoff debut with a 3-0 loss at Canadian rival Montreal Impact, the revamped Reds lived up to the billing.

Sure, they entered the game as heavy favorites over the sputtering Union. But that meant there was real pressure on Greg Vanney's well-balanced side -- one that posted the best record in club history, thanks in large part to the addition of proven MLSers such as defenders Drew Moor and Steven Beitashour -- to execute and advance.

Vanney appeared determined to get the upper hand early, as he trotted out an aggressive 3-5-2 (though it doubled as a 5-3-2), with usual full-backs Justin Morrow and Beitashour deployed high on the flanks.

The move provided TFC some extra width to their attack, and they were able to capitalize on the added space after just 15 minutes, when star striker Giovinco -- who else? -- got on the end of a broken play that began with a mishit by Philly defender Ken Tribbett to give the home team a lead it never relinquished.

The strike seemed to settle the nerves of the Reds and their fans, and their confidence only grew when Osorio found the net just after the break. Alejandro Bedoya made it interesting when he pulled one back with about 20 minutes to play before Altidore ended the suspense late.

2. Good season, difficult finish for Philly

As gut-churning as Wednesday's loss was, the Union made measurable progress under the stewardship of new sporting director Earnie Stewart and head coach Jim Curtin.

Philadelphia qualified for the playoffs for the first time in five years and just the second time since entering MLS as an expansion team in 2010. The club spent much of the season near the top of the East before stumbling over its final eight games and ending 2016 on a miserable 0-6-2 swoon.

The late-season acquisition of U.S. national team midfielder Bedoya as a designated player didn't have the hoped for impact, and Curtin & Co. clearly missed veteran striker Sebastian Le Toux, who was dealt to the Colorado Rapids on trade deadline day.

Even so, Bedoya will benefit from a full preseason next winter, Rookie of the Year candidate Keegan Rosenberry will be a year older, and Curtin and Stewart, who erased any doubts about their ability to work together, will undoubtedly bolster a squad that will lose Swiss international Tranquillo Barnetta to St. Gallen in his home country.

3. Star-studded conference semi versus NYCFC awaits

Toronto's emphatic victory sets up an intriguing matchup with fellow big-spenders New York City FC.

The Reds will welcome NYCFC and its world-famous trio of DPs Frank Lampard, Andrea Pirlo and David Villa (not to mention coach Patrick Vieira) north of the border to open the two-match series. With TFC boasting 2015 league MVP Giovinco plus U.S. stars Altidore and captain Michael Bradley, there has never been so much high-priced talent on display between playoff foes.

That will make the two-leg tilt must-see TV for MLS fans, regardless of which team they support.

Doug McIntyre is a staff writer for ESPN The Magazine and ESPN FC. Follow him on Twitter*@DougMacESPN.

Comment

TFC is the highest salaried team in MLS. They are trying to push sales of season tickets for next season after they expanded the stadium to 30,000 earlier this year.

With that said Beitashour is key for TFC. He is the only player that fits their 5-3-2 formation. He still lacks the ability to use his left feet and defend fast players. Otherwise he is a good player for TFC.

Comment

Haven't had the chance to go see Steven either, hopefully soon. That being said, I was a home season ticket holder during the Danny Dichio days lol. (TO peeps will get that )

Steven and TFC visiting the Toronto Sick Kids Hospital. You can see him towards the end of the clip:

Last edited by aenima_8; 10-27-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X