Would you play for Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
    Yes my sharaf not your sharaf. Did i say your sharaf? And no i dont think so
    You wrote 3 sentences and two of them contradict each other.
    Seemingly your sharaf doesn't prevent you from supporting this bi sharaf team even if you would never consider joining them on the field.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      You wrote 3 sentences and two of them contradict each other.
      Seemingly your sharaf doesn't prevent you from supporting this bi sharaf team even if you would never consider joining them on the field.
      No i said my sharaf won't let me play for the team in respect for my father being jailed by the IR. Stop mixing things up and starting a conflict out of nothing KC.

Comment

I know many people that I have asked the same question, and what I have noticed is that those who say they would be playing for Sweden because its easier 2 become famous and professionals in Europe if they play for sweden and they dont want 2 play for mullahs are the people who are born and raised in Sweden and MAY not have parents who have been important (not all of them)for them to familiarize them to Iran and to our traditions, customs and language and not even been in Iran. But the people I know who were born in Iran and having visited the country as all other Iranians who were born in Iran have fallen in love with the country and feel an affinity to Iran and 2 our culture and people picks iran without doubt.
        I was born in Iran and lived there until I was 9 years old have more memory of my childhood from Iran than I have from Sweden and that 9 years helped me 2 l know my identity and my roots and I love my parents who have learned me 2 keep my Iranian roots , traditions and custom in sweden and learned me 2 read and write in Persian. those who pick sweden ( not all of them) have identity problems and do not know what group they belong. Iran or Sweden. they are not accepted as a Swedish by Swedes because they do not look like them and they can speak perfect Swedish and changed their name from Ali to Alex and just have Swedish friends , but they never will be accepted as a Swedish. they even think like a Swedish about iran . they believe Iran is just Mullahs.
        If you have love for Iran you play for the Iranian people. I would play for a country that my parents are from and my family and my history and my roots. that day if i stand in azadi stadium with the national jersey onI would be full of tears when the national anthem playes and it doesnt matter which national Anthem it is. it can be mullahs national anthem but I do not care because I do not play for them, but for my identity i would play my heart out with PRIDE.
        sorry for my bad English
        TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

Another question:

To those who want to play for Iran: How would you feel, if you're going to play against the country you grew up? (Dejagah vs. Germany, Ghoochannejhad vs. Netherlands) Would you celebrate, when you score?

To those who want to play for the country of their residence: How would you feel, if your national team is going to play against Iran?

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
            Another question:

To those who want to play for Iran: How would you feel, if you're going to play against the country you grew up? (Dejagah vs. Germany, Ghoochannejhad vs. Netherlands) Would you celebrate, when you score?
            Not only would I celebrate, but I would probably celebrate like Estili after scoring vs USA.

No but on a serious note, I'd try not to celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
              No i said my sharaf won't let me play for the team in respect for my father being jailed by the IR. Stop mixing things up and starting a conflict out of nothing KC.
              My father (and myself for that matter) was also jailed by the IR. Does that make me bi sharaf? Your logic does not hold if you claim you are supporting TM as a fan even if you wouldn't join them as a player.
              Has your father being jailed by the IR prevented you from obtaining an IR passport?
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Another question:
                To those who want to play for the country of their residence: How would you feel, if your national team is going to play against Iran?
                If I scored the winning goal against The Netherlands in a World Cup game, I would celebrate my goal like crazy and this has nothing to do with my respect towards the country I have grown up in, football are about emotions and I think it's stupid not to celebrate because you once felt attachment to something which is the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  If I scored the winning goal against The Netherlands in a World Cup game, I would celebrate my goal like crazy and this has nothing to do with my respect towards the country I have grown up in, football are about emotions and I think it's stupid not to celebrate because you once felt attachment to something which is the past.
                  actually, which respect do we get in ghorbat from the country and their people?
                  i live here for more than 25 years and have no bond with the country whatsoever.

i'm no supporter of the Dutch team either and did celebrate their loss against Brasil in 94, 98 and all other losses they had
                  Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                  O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

lol the sad part is that I don't support the Dutch team either and usually also celebrate when they are eliminated. Feel no attachment to them whatsoever!
                    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Another question:

To answer my own question: Yes, I would celebrate against Austria, even if it's a friendly in Vienna.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                        actually, which respect do we get in ghorbat from the country and their people?
                        i live here for more than 25 years and have no bond with the country whatsoever.
                        i'm no supporter of the Dutch team either and did celebrate their loss against Brasil in 94, 98 and all other losses they had

These kind of comments bug me a little.

I have no issue with ppl choosing to play for TM or their birth country, etc.....

But I really dislike it when people live in a country and don't really show any respect for it. If you have no bond to the country, why don't you go somewhere else, or go back to Iran?

It's not a bad idea to show some gratitude to a country and its people who took you in with open arms when your own countrymen didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                          I have no issue with ppl choosing to play for TM or their birth country, etc.....
                          But I really dislike it when people live in a country and don't really show any respect for it. If you have no bond to the country, why don't you go somewhere else, or go back to Iran?
                          It's not a bad idea to show some gratitude to a country and its people who took you in with open arms when your own countrymen didn't.
                          respect is a two way street in my judgement & opinion. I never had felt fully welcome, they never accept u as one of them here, so what goes around comes back around!
                          And it is really not that easy to say ; "if you don't like it, why do you stay?!?" Going ghorbat was not my choice at the beginning, as i was only 7-8 years old!
                          at the end of the day it can bug you, but its the way i feel it ; i'm Iranian no matter in which part of the world i would live. And if people in that part of the world would see me as one of them, i could have more of a bond with them. In The Netherlands this is not the case.
                          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

It seems to be different in Europe. Most immigrants there seem to feel even if they try they are not accepted, where as in North America the process moves along much more naturally and peacefully.
                            Basically immigrants feel welcome in North America.

Comment

That's the difference between Europe and North America
                              Immigrants in Europe have never been treated as good as in North America

Europeans hardly consider you as one of them, even if you were born and raised there, got a PhD in let's say Law and are one of the best Lawyers in your country of residence..you are still the immigrant in their eyes.
                              If don't speak their language properly, you maybe should switch to English (especially in German speaking areas) otherwise they might consider you as a 2nd class immigrant. That has never been the case in North America

I had a hard time in school because of my heritage. Iran had a horrible reputation because of Ahmadinejad and the nuclear weapons issue. Still I tried my best to get along with the Austrian community and I have some Austrian friends, who I get along with..but I never felt comfortable among the Austrian community as a whole. I feel 0% Austrian..but I respect the community. I don't celebrate Austrian feasts or traditions but I respect them. I won't support Austria at the EURO 2016, but I respect the team. However if we play against Austria, I will support Iran as well as any other game.

My mind was blown when I was in North America..people are much happier there it seems. And immigrants are more welcomed. You hardly have any integration or language issues...I even speak better English than some residents there lol

Comment

That's the difference between Europe and North America
                                Immigrants in Europe have never been treated as good as in North America

Europeans hardly consider you as one of them, even if you were born and raised there, got a PhD in let's say Law and are one of the best Lawyers in your country of residence..you are still the immigrant in their eyes.
                                If don't speak their language properly, you maybe should switch to English (especially in German speaking areas) otherwise they might consider you as a 2nd class immigrant. That has never been the case in North America

I had a hard time in school because of my heritage. Iran had a horrible reputation because of Ahmadinejad and the nuclear weapons issue. Still I tried my best to get along with the Austrian community and I have some Austrian friends, who I get along with..but I never felt comfortable among the Austrian community as a whole. I feel 0% Austrian..but I respect the community. I don't celebrate Austrian feasts or traditions but I respect them. I won't support Austria at the EURO 2016, but I respect the team. However if we play against Austria, I will support Iran as well as any other game.

My mind was blown when I was in North America..people are much happier there it seems. And immigrants are more welcomed. You hardly have any integration or language issues...I even speak better English than some residents there lol
                                holy shit you know nothing about america

Comment

Working...
                                X