Would you play for Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you play for Iran?

If you were in a position as a young player who was performing well enough for their club that both their country of residence and Iran national team were requesting your services, who would you choose.

Now before you say "Faghat Iran", think of some of the problems that could occur.

You have the IFF which provide inadequate kits, camps, accomodation, travel etc. You have Iranian media which might scrutinise you wearing shorts in a pic you posted on media. You have mullahs who advise you to close your eyes when half naked women are around. You have the disciplinary committee not happy with your tattoo that says "you are above tehm" etc.

Can you honestly tell me would you stand this shit?

Which national team would you represent?

Faghat Iran!
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Iran without a single doubt.

The only thing which would be very annoying would be if you become a big player, and the media is all over you, IFF and IR would not stop bothering you about your private life, since the press will probably reveal most of that info, who you date, how she looks etc..

Comment

I highly doubt there is anyone here who would not
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

This isn't a question for anyone on this site.

All of those problems are minimal, The passion of Iranis and our fans is immense.
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I would play for abadan bro

Comment

Sweden without a doubt. Nothing to do with IFF and it being incompetent. It has to do with the fact that my sharaf won't let me play for the Islamic Republic of Iran. If it was a secular democratic Iran sure but this Iran with Khomeinis face looking down at me in Azadi and Rouhani showing up to watch me play. No thank you! Most people here won't understand cause their parents weren't Jailed by IR and their grandparents weren't jailed by the Shah.

Now before you judge me and start saying IRAN IS IRAN NOT IR. Just respect my decision as i respect yours to represent Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                Sweden without a doubt. Nothing to do with IFF and it being incompetent. It has to do with the fact that my sharaf won't let me play for the Islamic Republic of Iran. If it was a secular democratic Iran sure but this Iran with Khomeinis face looking down at me in Azadi and Rouhani showing up to watch me play. No thank you! Most people here won't understand cause their parents weren't Jailed by IR and their grandparents weren't jailed by the Shah.

Now before you judge me and start saying IRAN IS IRAN NOT IR. Just respect my decision as i respect yours to represent Iran.
                This man is an Israeli spy.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                  This man is an Israeli spy.
                  lol i know your joking but i know some people will get offended call me a vatan forsooh and so on . Wait they already did this and called me a separatist as well

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                    lol i know your joking but i know some people will get offended call me a vatan forsooh and so on . Wait they already did this and called me a separatist as well
                    Well I respect your decision and it's none of my business what you choose to do, I would just make a different choice, that's it.

Comment

Lol, this is the wrong place to ask this question (I.e. a site full of fan boys). I know personally that a friend of mine loves Korea NT and is an immigrant to the US but would play for the US if he had the chance (he is a college athlete). Once you get good, your goals change. I don't think dejagah wanted to play for Iran but ended up settling when he could not make Germany

Comment

I would, just as Zamboor, have a problem with wearing that flag and what it represents, playing with regime henchmen standing over my shoulder and not getting the adequate resources from the system to compete for our nation to its full potential.

With that being said, sometimes the heart trumps the head. It would be a headache, but if my hypothetical inclusion would be the catalyst to change things for the better, I would do it head first. Otherwise no.

Comment

If i really had to choose between country of residence or Iran, I would choose country of residence. Look at what happened to Beitashour and Davari and omid Nazari.I guess for Davari and omid they didnt have chance to play for residence country, but Beitashour did.

I do not think Iran will expose your talent to the world like other countries would. Do you think Zidane would have become this well known if he played for Algeria? Also Ozil if playing for Turkey? The reality is when representing certain countries you will be exposed more because media finds them more interesting.

I believe that if a top footballer plays in a country of residences it is also good for ancestral country. Having an Iranian who plays for Spain team which wins a worldcup or goes to finals would act as encouragement to many Iranian players.
                          Also,because of the positive exposure received from media that places a better image on ancestral country (look at steve jobs and better image he has created for Syrian people).
                          EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

You're not playing for the regime you're playing for the country

Comment

I would just make a wise footballing decisions. Any footballer would love to follow a path of champions and leave a legacy behind. If I had to choose between two countries such as Canada and Iran, well without the shadow of doubt I would choose Iran. But If it was between a footballing powerhouse country such as Germany, Netherlands, Spain, France.... I would choose one of those country obviously because my chances of winning something or playing with world class footballers are much higher. People tend to forget Dejagah choose to play for Germany at first but once he realized his chances are low to get into the senior squad and he didn't getting called up, he decided to play for Iran instead. I remember to this day everybody on his forum hated his ass just because of his decision. There are so many other examples such as Podolski, Ozil, El Sharawy... So its not about being a traitor and turning your back against your country, its about leaving a legacy behind. I am not saying with Iran you will not leave a legacy behind but your footballing careers passes by very fast. Imagine missing out playing on the world biggest stage.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X