Would you play for Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
    Of course I would, Because at the end of the day they will come form the same blood line as me even if my wife isn't Persian.
    Well then that doesn't jibe with your previous statement about players wearing French jerseys not being considered African even though their parents are.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
      The bioglogical diversity of humans is very low.
      You're confusing the difference between genotypes and phenotypes. For example, humans share 96% of their genes with chimps and about 60% with a fruit fly. It's actually the numerically small differences in our genes that cause such drastic changes in our phenotypes.

Also, this comment contradicts your initial comment that nations have no biological component.

The concept of nations are a result of the 100-year war between England and France, as both fought a succession war. From this results later the separation of two countries, which saw themselves as one.
      Your knowledge of history is poor.

Can you tell me what a nation is?
      I don't disagree that there is a degree of arbitrariness in the designation of nations. For example, there is no inherent genetic between Azeris who happened to fall on the Russian side of the occupation, and those in Iran. However, it is incorrect to say that nation states are entirely arbitrary.

What you guys represent, is an essentialist perspective...By the way, this point of view can lead into the philosophical ideolgy of people like Carl Schmitt and Nazi Germany, it is the consistent mindset you are following.
      It's incredible that you have surmised what I represent based on one sentence. Who is "you guys"? Did you for a moment consider that my views are not entirely aligned with another member?

I merely corrected your obviously absurd (and over-general) assertion that that nations have no biological component.

Over-generalizing can lead to the philosophical ideology of people like Adolf Hitler. See what I did there?
      Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

I merely corrected your obviously absurd (and over-general) assertion that that nations have no biological component.
        You still can't tell me where the connection is between biology and the term nation? There is a connection between cultures and nations, but there is nothing in our biology which leads us into a specific culture.
        Your knowledge of history is poor.
        Oh really, then teach me where the nation came from? Isn't the "nation" a European concept? Isn't it a modern concept? You won't find anything about a "nation" in the antiquity.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
          Sweden without a doubt. Nothing to do with IFF and it being incompetent. It has to do with the fact that my sharaf won't let me play for the Islamic Republic of Iran. If it was a secular democratic Iran sure but this Iran with Khomeinis face looking down at me in Azadi and Rouhani showing up to watch me play. No thank you! Most people here won't understand cause their parents weren't Jailed by IR and their grandparents weren't jailed by the Shah.

Now before you judge me and start saying IRAN IS IRAN NOT IR. Just respect my decision as i respect yours to represent Iran.
          Your sharaf allows you to gain happiness cheering for TM but won't allow you to bring happiness and joy to your hamvatans?

So you basically are an Iranian when it's convenient for you only?

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

As an Iranian Patriot who is an enemy of the current political system, I will not play for the national team under this regime.
            In fact every time the ir anthem is played before a game, I turn the volume down so I won't have to hear it.
            I do not recognize the current ir flag as the true flag of the country of Iran because it does not represent me as an Iranian.
            But at the end, I want Iran to win so that the Iranian people despite all the difficulty that they go through in their daily lives under this political system, will have a reason to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Irandoust View Post
              As an Iranian Patriot who is an enemy of the current political system, I will not play for the national team under this regime.
              In fact every time the ir anthem is played before a game, I turn the volume down so I won't have to hear it.
              I do not recognize the current ir flag as the true flag of the country of Iran because it does not represent me as an Iranian.
              But at the end, I want Iran to win so that the Iranian people despite all the difficulty that they go through in their daily lives under this political system, will have a reason to be happy.
              کسی هم شما را به تیم ملی دعوت نکرده بود....
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I always thought this was a fascinating discussion...

What do you guys think about "time" being the biggest factor in this debate?

Theoretical example - team Melli at some point in history (if it was possible and timelines worked out) using a player from what is now Republic of Azerbaijan. Before the separation from Iran, I'm sure people would have no problem. After the separation I think you'd see a lot of "who cares, he is not Iranian why are we talking about him" type of commentary.

So what changed? Just the movement of time and where that piece of lands borders were made to be during that period of time?

Not trying to take jabs at anyone, I'm genuinely interested in the discussion... I myself am not even sure what side I stand on sometimes...

To answer the threads question, absolutely would choose Team Melli if they wanted me although i don't know long I'd last with IFF loool. If team Melli officially said I was not part of their plans and they were not interested then I would also play for Canadian national team ( wooo so fun ;p )

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  کسی هم شما را به تیم ملی دعوت نکرده بود....
                  Allow me to make this argument clear by asking you this question; Are you an ir fan or a supporter?
                  The reason that I am asking is because to best of my knowledge, only an ir supporter would leave a reply like that.

Comment

Allow me to make this argument clear by asking you this question; Are you an ir fan or a supporter?
                    The reason that I am asking is because to best of my knowledge, only an ir supporter would leave a reply like that.
                    دفعه پیش هم از همین چرت و پرتها گفتی که بن شدی. حالا لطفا جوابت را دلیت نکن.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      دفعه پیش هم از همین چرت و پرتها گفتی که بن شدی. حالا لطفا جوابت را دلیت نکن.
                      Do you think I am afraid of being banned? Just answer the question.
                      Jade khaki naro, javabe soalo bede.
                      Why would you get offended over the fact that I consider ir to be my enemy?

Comment

برو بجه. هنوز بی مزه ای.

Comment

The players of Iran represent the Team MELLI, they represent our people, they represent our football, they don't represent Larijani, Chamenei ya Molla Nasreddin or whoever. The fact is, it is wrong to reduce the team to a political system. It also makes no sense to claim that whoever plays for our team is a proponent of state crime.
                          One can make a difference between playing a game or being a warden in the prison of a regime. Nobody asked you to commit crime in the name of a political system, you just have to play football. Some people really only think in black and white

Comment

Not if I would have to put "rahbar mo azam" photos on my insta lol

Anyone else think it is possible that team melli players have regime ties and would not make it there if they were at least not content with the Islamic regime? Probably most would still vote "yes" to Islamic Republic

Comment

Originally posted by ilovefootball View Post
                              Not if I would have to put "rahbar mo azam" photos on my insta lol

Anyone else think it is possible that team melli players have regime ties and would not make it there if they were at least not content with the Islamic regime? Probably most would still vote "yes" to Islamic Republic
                              What if you had to/already have put your cousin's photos on your insta?

Comment

Does a beer shit in the woods?

Comment

Working...
                                X