No announcement yet.

Iran v. Guam [POST MATCH DISCUSSIONS + RATINGS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it has been posted already, but here goes: http://www.guampdn.com/story/sports/...guam/75853236/

“I believe having Iran here, in a World Cup Qualification game, is the single most important milestone in Guam football history,” Guam head coach Gary White said during a press conference at the Hilton Guam Resort and Spa on Monday.

[...]

To have a world-class team, a world-class coach, here on our shores is going to do so much for football and our development,” he continued. “… We want the local fans to see world-class football here, live, because we just don’t watch it enough.”
    Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

http://www.guampdn.com/story/sports/...-6-0/75912978/

"For the final 20 minutes, Iran did what it could to hold possession, burning out the remaining clock to take their comfortable win without disrespecting their hosts."

"It was a lesson for Guam and showed just how far above the rest of the Group D field Iran is from Oman, Turkmenistan, India and Guam."

I think what (Iran) showed today is why they go to World Cups and why Oman doesn’t,” White said. “It was a good lesson again for us today. There was times when we did some really good stuff but we went up against a powerhouse.”

Comment

Man you guys rated Karim so poorly. After taremi I think he was our best player. He got 1 goal and two assists.
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
          How did Iran play Anti-Football? CQ asked his players to play cautiously, this way they save their legs for their clubs and future TM matches. As much as we wanted to see more goals, but logically there was no need to score more goals, we absolutely held possession in the last 25 minutes and controlled the ball and the game, it just seemed that we did not go for more goals.

Anti-Football term is applicable when a team after 1-2 goal lead starts defending and just shoots away any incoming ball.
          We also didn't have a goalie lol we couldn't risk anything! And despite holding back we still had attacks in final 20 minutes as we'll. no point in risking your players get injured or conceding and messing up your goal difference and shut out for the possibility of more goals. We already had proven our point and were up 6-0.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

nice, we have 2 good Turkmen players in our team. We also have other ethnicities in TM like Kurd, Azeri, Lur, Mazani, Gilaki, Armenian,etc which makes it a very likable Iranian team.

Comment

Beiranvand - 4, poor, very stupid exit.

Rezaeian - 6, showed good speed and nice goal, but sends in his crosses with little focus.
              Pourghaz - 7, solid
              Pouraliganji - 7.5, moved the ball up well just like montazeri.
              Mohammadi - 8, guy has lungs and speed, good prospect.

Ando - 7.5 standard ando
              Kamyabinia - 7
              Torabi - 7 good footwork

Dejagah -7, work hard, still bideghat
              Taremi - 9. swag

Ansarifard - 8 swag (both him and taremi did well, but it was against guam)

Heydari - 5
              Jahanbakhsh -5
              Shojaei - 8 good assist and passes.
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                nice, we have 2 good Turkmen players in our team. We also have other ethnicities in TM like Kurd, Azeri, Lur, Mazani, Gilaki, Armenian,etc which makes it a very likable Iranian team.
                Who's the second Turkmen player besides Azmoun?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                  Who's the second Turkmen player besides Azmoun?
                  Pourghaz.

Comment

jahanbaksh is the one with very low self confidence when playing for TM, he just does not show that same pose and intensity as he did at NEC. And yea i am taking his injury into account

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Pourghaz.
                      All Iranians [emoji57][emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
                        jahanbaksh is the one with very low self confidence when playing for TM, he just does not show that same pose and intensity as he did at NEC. And yea i am taking his injury into account
                        he play well, but when your a key player and the club count on you, you play hard but play with caution also

Comment

Beiranvand - He showed he has a long way before he can be TM #1 keeper

Rezaeian - He has been a bit of a disappointment for me lately. Too many long balls, deliveries are often poor. Needs to stop rushing and be more focused and try to play simple.

Pourghaz - We was calm and composed, although not seriously tested.

Pouraliganji - Wasn't very comfortable with his movements with the ball as the centre D. He didn't show a lot of confidence despite playing a weak team.

Mohammadi - He showed good skills, and energy. Often I noticed some aimless running and lack of coordination with the rest of the team.

Ando - He did what he had to do, but I have to say he sometime plays with no brain. At the beginning of the game, two of our players collided and were lying on the grass, he looked but re started the game ignoring the situation. his rough play is something stupid. Talks too much with referee. I noticed he was talking to another player in the middle of the game and had his back to where the ball was. He is getting close to his useful football life.

Kamyabinia - Nothing really special

Torabi - I like this kid. With some good coaching he can be a future asset

Dejagah - He is the engine of the team no doubt but often has way too many touches and losses the ball.

Taremi - Hungry for goal as always. He is also the future.

Ansarifard - He was just okay in my opinion. Not convinced he has earned his number #10 in TM.

Heydari - wasn't on the field long enough. But He is okay

Jahanbakhsh -desperate to score, but a bit too anxious. His performance was sub par.

Shojaei - Showed experience will always prevail. He showed he can still be relied on.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                              thats cool also
                              his backheel assist to Rezaeian's goal was gold..!!

shoulda scored at least on 2 other occasions with easy tap-ins but ye kam shol kard ..!

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                                Iran v Turkmenistan Analysis
                                Very interesting video which shows how brilliant Ebrahimi was and how he was entirely controlling the rhythm of the game, he and Ezzatollahi were definitely the best players that day
                                indeed..!! excellent vid analysis there..!!)
                                Omid was my MOM, although for most others Ezatolahi slightly edged him by virtue of his vitally-timed, and nicely taken, go-ahead goal ..!
                                his partnership with S toda Ezzai has been brilliant and joy to watch in the prior two games..! him and Ando dont seem to have nearly as good of a chemistry playing alongside each other ..!??
                                His movement Off the Ball is by far the best in TM and he probably also has the best touch and accuracy on his long passes amongst the current squad..!!? a bit of Karimi/Neku quality in that regards..!
                                i'd like him to take more frequent and better shots from outside, he certainly has the ability for it..!! if he can bulk and strengthen up without loosing stamina and workrate would be nice too..!
                                too bad he cant do much about his kootale ghad..! if he had Neku or Ezzai's ghad o ghamat, he coulda made a good Set piece target in attack and a more stout tackler on D..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X