The Swedish Connection that might take Team Melli players to Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Swedish Connection that might take Team Melli players to Europe

As some of you might now, there has been rumors of Swedish interest in Mehdi Taremi. First it was reported that top team IFK Göteborg were interested and replaced their on loan attacker Riku Riski. And more recently, it was reported that Hammarby was interested in him. A couple of Swedish fans have even approached me and asked about Taremis scouting profile. Sources here in Sweden have told me that Hammarbys Managing Director Henrik Kindlund visited Tehran to witness the derby between Persepolis and Esteghlal.

Usually this would be regular bazar garmi in Iranian media, right? Well, Sweden has never been a destination for Iranian players due to high price tags and sanctions. But there might be little bit more to it this time around. The thing is Mehdi Taremis agent is Patrick Mörk, one of Sweden most known agents.

His clients at Global Soccer Management includes current Swedish NT players like:

Oscar Hiljemark (PSV -> Palermo)
    Pontus Wernbloom (CSKA Moscow)

And he's brokered young Swedish talents to European stepping stones:

Simon Gustafsson (Häcken -> Feyenoord)
    Simon Tibbling (Djurgården -> Groningen)
    Emil Krafth (Helsingborg -> Bologna)
    Niklas Hult (Elfsborg -> OGC Nice)
    Melker Hallberg (Kalmar -> Udinese)
    Carlos Strandberg (Elfsborg -> CSKA Moscow)
    Joseph Baffo (Halmstad -> Braunschweig)

Represents some of Allsvenskans top talents:

Ebenezer Ofori (AIK)
    Mohamed Bangura (AIK)
    Kerim Mrabti (Djurgården)
    Sebastian Eriksson (IFK Göteborg)
    Pa Konate (Malmö FF)
    Rasmus Elm (Kalmar)
    Viktor Elm (Kalmar)
    Alexander Fransson (IFK Norrköping)
    Alhaji Kamara (IFK Norrköping)
    David Mitov Nilsson (IFK Norrköping)

And other international players like:

Celso Borges (Deportivo La Coruña)
    Piotr Zielinski (Empoli)

So what has this to do with Iranian football? Well, Patrick Mörk seems to have signed some of Irans top talent. His Iranian roster besides Mehdi Taremi includes Omid Alishah, Hossein Kanaani, Mehdi Torabi, Kaveh Rezaei, Milad Mohammadi, Mehrdad Mohammadi, Mehrdad Ghanbari, Ali Alipour and Milad Kamandani according to Transfermarkt.

It might not lead to anything substantial, but if the infrastructure in Iran (clubs, regime etc.) allows moves to happen, we might have an Iranian talent invasion to Europe on our hands and hopefully great things will come out of this for our football. Fingers crossed!

What do you guys think?

Also, it should be noted that the reason for this might be another agent: Swedish-Iranian agent Nima Modyr who works for Global Soccer Management and Patrick Mörk.

Comment

He has a good eye choosing these people
      1. Kanaani
      2. Torabi
      3. Twin Mohamadis
      4. Alipour

Alisha is also good for a team that needs a player to work like a horse in the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
        He has a good eye choosing these people
        1. Kanaani
        2. Torabi
        3. Twin Mohamadis
        4. Alipour

Alisha is also good for a team that needs a player to work like a horse in the pitch.
        He probably has someone from this forum on his payroll thats helping point out the talents.
        Someone say like Zamboor
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
          He probably has someone from this forum on his payroll thats helping point out the talents.
          Someone say like Zamboor
          Is Zamboor Global Soccer Management agent Nima Modyr!?

Comment

He is Karim Ansarifard agent as well.
            پندار نیک
            گفتار نیک
            کردار نیک

Comment

Would like to see Torabi in Hammarby. Iranian should understand Bayern won't chase them straight from IPL.

Comment

most top tier european teams are not really keen on buying iranian players even if they are up to their standards. They just can't market those players. for example if there is one iranian player and one japanese player both at same level , they would choose the japanese player only because they can market them in most asian countries, such as japan, thailand, malaysia etc... And to be honest this strategy worked . I went to thailand few years ago and most people there supported manchester united only because of the Asian players.

Comment

Allsvenska- is not a top tier league neither is it a bottom tier. I think it is in par with IPL but have much better facilities and coaching staff. A player in Swedish league has 10 times more chance of being absorbed by a top tier league in Europe than in IPL. I think more players should go to 2nd or third tier European league at young age so by the time they are in their mid 20's they can develop and be in top leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                    most top tier european teams are not really keen on buying iranian players even if they are up to their standards. They just can't market those players. for example if there is one iranian player and one japanese player both at same level , they would choose the japanese player only because they can market them in most asian countries, such as japan, thailand, malaysia etc... And to be honest this strategy worked . I went to thailand few years ago and most people there supported manchester united only because of the Asian players.
                    yes and no, of course top Asian players like Shinji Kagawa or Keisuke Honda have a special market value for top European teams for the Asian market, but if that was the only reason there would be a whole lot of more Arab players to cash in on the Emarati and Qatari markets. The thing is, East Asian players started to go to Europe in the late 90's (just as Iranian players), and they kept coming (unlike Iranian players) and proved themselves at smaller clubs in Bundesliga etc. which made it much safer for teams to bring them over because they'd already proven that they're good enough.

For example, we had a couple of Brazilian players that come over to Sweden and we're really successful for about 15 years ago, and they became a hot commondity. About 5-10 years ago, a lot of West African players we're brought over by an agent well connected with African academies. Some of these players are sought after players in Europe now: Daniel Amartey (played for Djurgården, bought by FC Copenhagen, wanted by Leicester atm), Ebenezer Ofori (AIK, won the midfielder of year award in Sweden), Mohamed Bangura (AIK, was bought by Celtic a couple of years ago), Teteh Bangura (AIK, was sold to Bursaspor when they played in CL) etc. All of them came relatively unknown and they all have played major roles in their teams in European competitions.

Sure, we had Daei, Mahdavikia, Hashemian etc. But besides our legends we haven't really had regular players in the Europeans leagues over a longer period of time. Yazdani, Mansourian, Bagheri, Kaebi, Navidkia tried their luck, but didn't really make a mark internationally for different reasons. And the coming generation almost didn't at all with Nikbakht, Jabbari etc. The goal should be to increase the number of European based players, but we haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bijans View Post
                      Allsvenska- is not a top tier league neither is it a bottom tier. I think it is in par with IPL but have much better facilities and coaching staff. A player in Swedish league has 10 times more chance of being absorbed by a top tier league in Europe than in IPL. I think more players should go to 2nd or third tier European league at young age so by the time they are in their mid 20's they can develop and be in top leagues.
                      Exactly, it's definitely not a top tier league, but it's definitely not a bottom tier either. But it's a stable league with good competition and world class atmosphere in the top clubs. It's perfect in the sense of facilities, tactical training and as a shopping window for bigger international leagues and clubs.

But as mentioned, Patrick Mörk doesn't only work towards the market in Sweden. He might be able to place our talent in Holland or Italy for example. He's probably why Milad Mohammadi could impress Rapid Vienna.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Would like to see Torabi in Hammarby. Iranian should understand Bayern won't chase them straight from IPL.
                        Yeah exactly. And the reason why they signed Karimi was because he dribbled circles around the German national team in Azadi. He did really well in that match to get picked up by Bayern.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                          Yeah exactly. And the reason why they signed Karimi was because he dribbled circles around the German national team in Azadi. He did really well in that match to get picked up by Bayern.
                          Plus, he was already touted as one of Asias top 3 players at the time. Also, didn't get picked up directly from IPL.

Comment

Okay guys tell me what players i should recommend to this guy? I haven't followed this season so much this year. Im going to recommend my cousins so bring me a list. Btw more iranians to IFK Göteborg thats my team boys! My Team!

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                              Okay guys tell me what players i should recommend to this guy? I haven't followed this season so much this year. Im going to recommend my cousins so bring me a list. Btw more iranians to IFK Göteborg thats my team boys! My Team!
                              Hook Heydari up to some decent Swedish team.

Comment

Working...
                              X