Most disappointing TM players of the past 15 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most disappointing TM players of the past 15 years

Need your take with reason, on the subject. Thank you.

all of the above...

Comment

The Mobali, Kazemian and so on generation.

Comment

Ashkan Dejagah with his shocker move to Al-Arabi after the World Cup. Still hard to believe, and he is one of the most disappointing players to me. With all his experience in Europe and playing top flight football for years in Germany and England you'd believe he had some ambition..worst thing is that he is happy in Qatar while this supposed to be his prime time of his career.

Comment

Alireza Nikbakht Vahedi lost most of his best years for Hashieh
          Rasool Khatibi was the most goal nazan forward ever. A total waste of time and energy.
          Farhad Majidi for sticking to Arab leagues most of his best years except a short period in Rapid Wien.

Comment

Arash Afshin. I remember during 2011 AFC he was the talk of TM. After it, he just fell off of the face of the earth.

Hadi Aghily and Mehdi Rahmati for the drama they created before 2014 WC.

Comment

Offtopic : Teymourian is the one that never disappointed us.

For me the most frustating is Karimi. The guy missed a great career at the global stage and that's a shame. It was sad to see the match yesterday between world class players that are known across the world and Karimi who is only known by Iran, some asian and bundesliga die hard followers. Finally Karimi only shined at asian scale (Iran, UAE, Asian cup and WCQ)

Comment

mehrzad madanchi, iman mobali, javad kazemian, reza enayati, alireza vahedi nikbakht, hamed kavianpour

these guys all flopped for different reasons IMO.

madanchi got VERY lazy around 2006-07, I think he felt that he was a lock in team meli and that he had accomplished a lot but never really did. i feel with harder work ethic he couldve had a far more impressive career.

mobali got screwed by injuries, coaches, and a bit of the blame goes on himself too. his vision is as good as anyone else in Iranian football....sometimes he takes too long to make decisions on the ball but i wouldnt say thats a reason he disappointed. i dont think he ever really flopped or disappointed in TM, I think his inconsistency/lack of ability to stay fit was the biggest reason for his downfall. UAE didnt help him either

kazemian IMO was arguably the biggest disappointment of them all....this guy had all the skills needed to become a great player. personally im not sure about the specifics of why he flopped....i guess UAE ruined him a bit too.

nikbakht is similar to AK in that he likes the money, atteention, and fame more than he likes football itself which is why when he got big and famous he cared much more about girls, cars, watches, etc. more than he did about the game.

enayati just wasn't good enough for the international level.....he was good for IPL standards but never stood out for TM the way he did in the league, prime example of the big gap between our league and the international game.

kavianpour.......well that guy was just always a total mess with his career, just not a smart person overall it seems. im pretty sure IFF banned him for a while too if im not mistaken.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Daniel Davari, Karim Ansarifard,Masoud Shojaei,Omid Ebrahimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    mehrzad madanchi, iman mobali, javad kazemian, reza enayati, alireza vahedi nikbakht, hamed kavianpour

madanchi got VERY lazy around 2006-07, I think he felt that he was a lock in team meli and that he had accomplished a lot but never really did. i feel with harder work ethic he couldve had a far more impressive career.

mobali got screwed by injuries, coaches, and a bit of the blame goes on himself too. his vision is as good as anyone else in Iranian football....sometimes he takes too long to make decisions on the ball but i wouldnt say thats a reason he disappointed. i dont think he ever really flopped or disappointed in TM, I think his inconsistency/lack of ability to stay fit was the biggest reason for his downfall. UAE didnt help him either

kazemian IMO was arguably the biggest disappointment of them all....this guy had all the skills needed to become a great player. personally im not sure about the specifics of why he flopped....i guess UAE ruined him a bit too.

nikbakht is similar to AK in that he likes the money, atteention, and fame more than he likes football itself which is why when he got big and famous he cared much more about girls, cars, watches, etc. more than he did about the game.

enayati just wasn't good enough for the international level.....he was good for IPL standards but never stood out for TM the way he did in the league, prime example of the big gap between our league and the international game.

kavianpour.......well that guy was just always a total mess with his career, just not a smart person overall it seems. im pretty sure IFF banned him for a while too if im not mistaken.
                    Kazemian went to UAE and got fat and lazy afterward. He lost his fitness.

Nikbakht was caught in a gay party by IRGC (Sepah) and banned from playing in IPL or NT for several years. That was end of him. Earlier case was Mojahed Khaziravi of SS who was caught in a brothel and his future ruined by Sepah. Minavand was also caught with girls and alcohol by Sepah in Shomal and lost some years.
                    This is for Minavand case.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qass...5_UHQ24x968oJI

Kavianpour was a beast in Persepolis. I am not sure what happened to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

If I may add Mojahed Khaziravi and massive prospect at the time. Although his case had nothing to do flopping out, as the IR stole him of all his potentials, depriving of playing football for several years due to their BS Islamic codes and laws (Caught in a party etc)

Arash Borhani also was one those players who despite his impressive club duties, often flopped with TM, same applies to Farhad Majidi

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                        Nikbakht was caught in a gay party by IRGC
                        Was he? what was he doing in a gay party in Iran?

As for Kavianpour I believe his official farewell with football happened in Turkey when he was caught doping and suspended from football for several years.

Seems like many of our younger talents football career ended because of so many punishments and disciplinary reasons...

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          Was he? what was he doing in a gay party in Iran?

As for Kavianpour I believe his official farewell with football happened in Turkey when he was caught doping and suspended from football for several years.

Seems like many of our younger talents football career ended because of so many punishments and disciplinary reasons...
                          I read it online but later on he denied it. His behavior was somehow eva khahar so I don't think the report was wrong. Anyway no matter if it was right or not, sexual orientation of a person should not be a factor in his footballing career!

Comment

We need to learn and respect people's private lives.

People, or in this case, athlete make choices as ordinary people make.

Takhti, our beloved wrestler, with fewer medals as other wrestlers or athletes, has been in our hearts because of his behavior and love of Iran.

In Iran, favoritism brought people such as Rasoul Khatibi to our football. I never understood why he would be chosen without having any impact.

We should promote people's private life in terms of sex, religious and political views should not interfere with their profession.
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

There have been many flops, especially those who couldn't stay in shape over the years. Despite the fact that Teymourian looks out of shape, he still plays well shockingly.

Comment

Working...
                              X