This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with Ehsan Hajsafi?

Sorry, again I could not hold myself back from making a new thread; mods please merge it if we already have one on this.

I don't get it why Hajsafi is still playing in PGL.
    It’s a mystery and I will consider it as a CRIME if Ehsan Hajsafi does not at least play 1-2 years in Europe. For the love of football baba nothing is wrong with him! He has the talent & potential, the skills/speed/vision, he already is pretty experienced, he still is relative young, he has the discipline and attitude, he has the stamina and overall physical qualities, he is loyal, plays with heart, creates no hashiye, is hungry, has the pasion, all coaches he had so far approved him (likes of Kranjcar, CQ...)...so what the hell does he lack? He proved himself in PGL and on international level over and over again.

One of the very very very few players in PGL who managed to keep his form and not vanish after some years. This alone is a fantastic achievement, because almost all others lose themselves. I am really tired to see so many Iranian talents being wasted and right now Hajsafi seems to be the biggest victim! If Ando and Hosseini don’t make it, I expect Hajsafi to lead TM in WC 2018 as our captain. I made this thread just to pay more attention on this matter.

Last edited by Nariman; 08-17-2015, 01:25 PM.
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

As much as I like him overall, he was one of the biggest disappointments of the Asian Cup.

He started with a stellar performance against Bahrain, and it was worse against Qatar. During the UAE game he was invisible, and the Iraq game it was shockingly bad. We did play with 10 men and therefore he needed to cover the entire left flank, but his mistakes were ones I never saw from him.

His form at Team Melli has dropped, he did not look too good against Turkmenistan as well. Maybe he should no longer play as LB because he lacks defensive skills.

Apart from that, he has other qualities which are good enough to earn himself an European transfer. He is pretty versatile and that is what CQ likes about him.

Weird thing is that all these European moves never worked, Fulham and Bochum for example. Maybe he is too expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      During the UAE game he was invisible
      Maybe cuz he didn't play

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
        Maybe cuz he didn't play
        Haha I realized that, but my point about the other games is pretty clear I think.

Comment

Thanks for bringing attention to this. Ehsan Hajsafi is the next big Iranian Captain in the same club as Kia,Neku and Daie.

Also, the reason why his game is off most of the time is because he is placed in LB. Even though he is placed in his weaker position he is still able to showcase his amazing talent.
          EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            Maybe he should no longer play as LB because he lacks defensive skills.
            That's the point and the answer to why he could not play to his full potential. The LM of TM should fully be his. Using him as a defender (LB) is the biggest mistake IMO, just watch how is tearing the league apart in Sepahan when you put him on his real position. His destructive runs, precise crosses and rocket shots are above PGL level by far!
            Follow me @
            instagram/iranscout

Comment

Like many other iranians, he is too kun goshad to leave his confort and his star status in Sepahan. In some years, he will wake up and maybe with a bit of luck (like the one Ansarifard has with Neku in Osasuna) he will get his chance in Europe. But it will be too late, he will struggle like Ansarifard and his 0 goal season in 2nd division.

These kind of iranians have 0 ambitions and even with a euro move in their late career, they won't be anything than an average player at international stage.

Comment

My three favorite current TM players:
                Ando, Haj Safi and Amiri. They respect the TM jersey and play with all they have every time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                  Maybe cuz he didn't play

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    Like many other iranians, he is too kun goshad to leave his confort and his star status in Sepahan. In some years, he will wake up and maybe with a bit of luck (like the one Ansarifard has with Neku in Osasuna) he will get his chance in Europe. But it will be too late, he will struggle like Ansarifard and his 0 goal season in 2nd division.

These kind of iranians have 0 ambitions and even with a euro move in their late career, they won't be anything than an average player at international stage.
                    Don't just spew nonsense when you have no clue what you're saying. Hajsafi has always stated his intention of wanting to play in Europe, and even went to England last year (where conditions did not permit him to play in the league). Not going to Europe does not mean he is koon goshad but rather that the conditions have not fortunate. Whether he plays in Europe or not, Hajsafi is a quality Iran-based player (similar to Hosseini). Given all the effort and hard work he's put into his career so far, I doubt he's going to slow down right now (especially since he's on the verge of becoming TM's captain).

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Maybe I missed something but show me one offer Hajsafi rejected and I will agree. Until then you are absolutely wrong on this, it’s exactly the opposite! Hajsafi is one of the few players that still knows what loyality & gheyrat is! If he cared about comfort and money he would not stay in Sepahan all the years and work hard like that to stay in top form each season winning trophies left & right. You are right on Ansarifard (& many others), but you own an apology to Hajsafi for that harsh and unfair comment. As already said, the fact that he managed to survive in PGL after all the years just proves he is anything else than koon-goshad, the man has done a phenomenal job to stay in shape.
                      Last edited by Nariman; 08-17-2015, 01:50 PM.
                      Follow me @
                      instagram/iranscout

Comment

Not only Hajsafi, Ghafouri has the same story, he is only what older.

Comment

I feel like he would have far less haters if he never played as LB, that's clearly not where his support comes from.

Ehsan is skilled and special because of his crosses, off the ball movement, and his touch. His shot is pretty strong too. It's really a shame England his such stupid requirements to sign foreign players it would have been great to see him in Fulham. It will be a real shame if he never gets to play in Europe....bundesliga/serie a/premier league all suit him very well.

The only thing I think he is hyped up on is FK's.....he/his fans think because he scores once in a while off a FK he's strong in that department. Almost all his misses are 10 feet over the goal.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Many players can't play to their full potential under CQ, he is a great player but would only strive under an attacking minded manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              I feel like he would have far less haters if he never played as LB, that's clearly not where his support comes from.

Ehsan is skilled and special because of his crosses, off the ball movement, and his touch. His shot is pretty strong too. It's really a shame England his such stupid requirements to sign foreign players it would have been great to see him in Fulham. It will be a real shame if he never gets to play in Europe....bundesliga/serie a/premier league all suit him very well.

The only thing I think he is hyped up on is FK's.....he/his fans think because he scores once in a while off a FK he's strong in that department. Almost all his misses are 10 feet over the goal.
                              The funny thing is that he actually reaches the requirements to play in England. Probably the only player we have in Iran that can actually make the transfer.
                              I think that he is a shy guy and he shies away from the challenge. It takes "cahoonas" and i don't think he got it . Sorry
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                              X