No announcement yet.

Iranians in Europe (without threads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest mistery to me are France & England. Both countries got a decent number of iranians but we like never ever had a pro player comin out of there? How is that even possible? Oh yeah there was that Ryan guy in England who played 1 or 2 seasons of Championship football..

But in France really no single player even though iranians have been there for decades? Mage mishe 1 bacheye irani az Paris, Nantes, Lyon, ... bazikon tu Ligue 1 ya Ligue 2 nashe? That's honestly embarassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarsal Claw View Post
      90 million people in Iran and 4 million in the diaspora, and we still have no major prospects??! Forget the academies, we need to start a fertility clinic with all of our experts here...
      We don't have major prospects but we are in a stage where we have a bunch of above average players abroad that federation doesn't care about so even if they were excellent it wouldn't matter

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
        The biggest mistery to me are France & England. Both countries got a decent number of iranians but we like never ever had a pro player comin out of there? How is that even possible? Oh yeah there was that Ryan guy in England who played 1 or 2 seasons of Championship football..

But in France really no single player even though iranians have been there for decades? Mage mishe 1 bacheye irani az Paris, Nantes, Lyon, ... bazikon tu Ligue 1 ya Ligue 2 nashe? That's honestly embarassing.
        UK & France iroonis im waiting for answers...

Comment

Well, the French are soft and the Brits too polite! We need the Germans and 'muricans to step up.

Comment

90 million people in Iran and 4 million in the diaspora, and we still have no major prospects??! Forget the academies, we need to start a fertility clinic with all of our experts here...
            Lol guys you know how Iranian parents are , they discourage their kids from
            play sports ….

Comment

UK & France iroonis im waiting for answers...
              I don't think there is a lot of iranians in France, at least much much less than in Germany Sweden and Iranians are generally premium immigrants, completely outnumbered by low class immigrants in France (north Africans, black africans..).
              You also don't see good football players coming from Vietnamese diaspora in France that are much more than Iranians there

Comment

Sure, i know there is not too many iranians compared to Algerians, Moroccans, Tunisians, ... in France. Still its a sizeable community in the higher 10 thousands, so i'm not expecting 50 or 100 players in Ligue 1
                & 2 like the North Africans have, but like i mean over the past few decades than iranians have been there, yani yedune, dota Gucci ya Dejagah az Farance nayumad dar miyumad?

Now i dont really know about Vietnamese, but Alphonse Areola is from the Philipines. Dont think their community is that huge in France either?

By the way from what i see France got the largest iranian diaspora group in Europe right after Germany, Sweden & England. Definitely enough iranians to produce one or two pro players every 5 to 10 years or so.

Comment

Iranians for the most part won’t live the way you need to to support a kid into pro sports.

it basically requires a kid to make education a secondary priority and for parents to take long breaks away from their work and other family duties. Won’t happen.

Comment

By the way, the number of iranians in Greece & Turkey has risen quite a bit over the past 10 years or so. Obviously most iranians (like most other foreigners) used it as a stepping stone to get into western europe, but a decent number has stayed and started a life there. Let's see if we got 1 or 2 guys playing for the likes of Galatasaray or Olympiakos within the next few years.

Comment

Sure, i know there is not too many iranians compared to Algerians, Moroccans, Tunisians, ... in France. Still its a sizeable community in the higher 10 thousands, so i'm not expecting 50 or 100 players in Ligue 1
                      & 2 like the North Africans have, but like i mean over the past few decades than iranians have been there, yani yedune, dota Gucci ya Dejagah az Farance nayumad dar miyumad?

Now i dont really know about Vietnamese, but Alphonse Areola is from the Philipines. Dont think their community is that huge in France either?

By the way from what i see France got the largest iranian diaspora group in Europe right after Germany, Sweden & England. Definitely enough iranians to produce one or two pro players every 5 to 10 years or so.
                      I think areola is dorage but maybe I am mistaken
                      When we see the ratio of high level player of north african roots coming from France compared to their number, that's not that much.
                      Speaking about Iranians, the number of big players coming from iranians in Germany is pretty low (Dejagah, and let's say Zandi), I don't know what we can expect from France.

Football clubs in France are filled by low class black/arabs and are vahshi place your kid can get injuried badly. Almost every week there is big fights around amateur/kids football games in big cities. And parents are going crazy as they expect their 10 y o kid to be the next Mbappe.
                      That's a good school for your kid to speak/behave like a thug.
                      I understand very well iranians, specially the most educated one don't want to put their kid there

Comment

Paya Pichkah made his league debut for his new club today as a sub in a 4-0 win.
                        Arash Motaraghebjafarpour played the full 90 for Kalmar in a 3-1 loss.

Comment

I think the change is happening now. Agreed that our parents put a lot of emphasis on education (rightfully so). I'm 50 and a PhD. Came over when I was 10, didn't speak a word of Engrish, and started playing soccer in junior high in Southern California. But all we had back then was AYSO (there was one club soccer in my neck of the woods, but unless you were really in that world, no one knew about that. Especially immigrant parents that were just learning the language). I played high school soccer, but 3 practices a week during the season was basically all the training I had. We didn't know about other options. Other clubs, private trainers, heck even training on your own was not something we were familiar with. When it came for college, it was either become a doctor (a real one, not a PhD) or open a bank (Amir K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCxMWWf4_Ww). As a Biology major, I had no time to play soccer in college.
                          My kid now has nearly 20 club soccer choices in Utah (small market by comparison to rest of 'Murica), plays ECNL, ODP, then there's the MLS academy, MLS Next, 64, private training, YouTube videos, list goes on and on.
                          But most importantly, I think as our generation is becoming more and more "acclimated" and our doctors, engineers, entrepreneurs, are making good money, now their kids have the "freedom" to go and explore life and be passionate about what they really want to pursue. Whether that's being a wildlife biologist, artist, organic farmer, or even an athlete.
                          Our generation, and the next, are now letting their kids pursue their dreams and are supporting them financially and emotionally. Perhaps they know that the kids can come back to education after the golden athlete years fade (or just take over the established family bidsness!). Either way, I'm seeing many friends and relatives putting their kids in home school or online academic programs so they can pursue tennis or soccer. Yes, its few, but its something.
                          Maybe one of these kids will finally bring us joy for Team Melli.

Comment

I think the change is happening now. Agreed that our parents put a lot of emphasis on education (rightfully so). I'm 50 and a PhD. Came over when I was 10, didn't speak a word of Engrish, and started playing soccer in junior high in Southern California. But all we had back then was AYSO (there was one club soccer in my neck of the woods, but unless you were really in that world, no one knew about that. Especially immigrant parents that were just learning the language). I played high school soccer, but 3 practices a week during the season was basically all the training I had. We didn't know about other options. Other clubs, private trainers, heck even training on your own was not something we were familiar with. When it came for college, it was either become a doctor (a real one, not a PhD) or open a bank (Amir K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCxMWWf4_Ww). As a Biology major, I had no time to play soccer in college.
                            My kid now has nearly 20 club soccer choices in Utah (small market by comparison to rest of 'Murica), plays ECNL, ODP, then there's the MLS academy, MLS Next, 64, private training, YouTube videos, list goes on and on.
                            But most importantly, I think as our generation is becoming more and more "acclimated" and our doctors, engineers, entrepreneurs, are making good money, now their kids have the "freedom" to go and explore life and be passionate about what they really want to pursue. Whether that's being a wildlife biologist, artist, organic farmer, or even an athlete.
                            Our generation, and the next, are now letting their kids pursue their dreams and are supporting them financially and emotionally. Perhaps they know that the kids can come back to education after the golden athlete years fade (or just take over the established family bidsness!). Either way, I'm seeing many friends and relatives putting their kids in home school or online academic programs so they can pursue tennis or soccer. Yes, its few, but its something.
                            There is maybe more clubs around but also more and more competition around. Btw the best footballers mainly come from poor families, don't know if having financial support family behind will help that much.

The next generations will be more and more detached from Iran. Rift between the west and Iran become bigger, more iranians will statistically have kids with non-iranians, etc.

Comment

Fardin Rabet left Dalkurd a while ago and is now playing in the 3rd division in Poland.

Comment

Tarsal jan, you are comparing the US "pay to play" environment to European environments.

In European environments at club academies you are surrounded by kids from lower economic backgrounds, who have all sorts of issues, with parents who will do anything for their kids to make it at that level.
                                I'm not saying they're bad people because they're poor, rather its extremely cutthroat, and not an environment most middle class (and above) families would be comfortable in.

Honestly, the European youth football environment probably has more similarity to even Iran, than it does the US or Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X