X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ AZ Alkmaar | 2015 - 2016

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    think she got the hots for ARJ..!!!
    Funny thing is AJ was looking so awkward when he was standing next to her.

I reckon he was trying to not get in trouble with the IR, but he could've at least looked at Mrs.Hashemi when she was talking about him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has Jahanbakhsh had a decent game for TM yet? I try to catch all the games, and I only miss maybe a couple a year, but I can honestly say that I haven't seen him have an impressive game for TM yet. Granted he's been injured/unavailable for some games, but still every time I've seen him play for TM he's been pretty disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
        Has Jahanbakhsh had a decent game for TM yet? I try to catch all the games, and I only miss maybe a couple a year, but I can honestly say that I haven't seen him have an impressive game for TM yet. Granted he's been injured/unavailable for some games, but still every time I've seen him play for TM he's been pretty disappointing.
        So many facepalms in one post....you should quit iranian football and stick to something else.
        SMH.
        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
          So many facepalms in one post....you should quit iranian football and stick to something else.
          SMH.
          why so hateful?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
            He worked very hard in the game against India. When everyone else was looking lethargic and unable to score, he was cutting in from the right side, and dangerous the whole match. Add that to him putting his face on the line to draw the penalty for our first goal, as well as doing a sweet dribble into the box later in the game and scoring, he was the best player that match.

I know you'll like say, "but, but it's India!"

You asked for a game where he shone and I gave it to you. India isn't great, but nobody else was really working as hard as he was in that game. India was also packing the box which is a frustrating game for any team. Jahanbakhsh showed his flashes of being a top-notch player who can do major damage to teams in that game. It happened to be against India, but his wing play was good. He's a good player, and frankly, I understand your question, but the guy plays in Dutch top-flight, won awards 2 seasons in a row, was the captain of our youth teams over Sardar, joined TM at a very young age and was taken to Brazil as really our only true youngster, and you "don't see what's so great about him?"

I think that's why you got so much backlash. The guy is something extremely special, and I think most of us know that. If you think any option that plays RW (Torabi, Amiri, etc.) have shown themselves to be any more reliable or consistent for TM, then tell me. The wing is a tough position to play, and Jahanbakhsh has always been a bother for teams on the wing since he joined. He is something special, and will get better. You need to look at the big picture when making claims like you don't see anything in a player.

It's a personal opinion, but the performance of alternative players, his resume, and the fact that he has had a few good games (remember his calm and world class through ball to Gucci for a break on goal against Argentina? He did that in his small time in the game against Argentina) should give you some insight into whether you have "seen" anything from him.

The guy has a deft touch, and honestly could be in a top 3 league before Sardar.

Comment

Can't claim he has been disappointing for TM..! But he hasn't really had any exceptional performances either.
              I'd say overall he has performed avg. Or slightly above.
              He was steadily improving in the national but his ill-timed injury set him back & now he seems to getting back on that gradual improvement track once again.
              I think it's mostly case of some folks having too much expectations from the kid..!

Comment

Can't claim he has been disappointing for TM..! But he hasn't really had any exceptional performances either.
                He was steadily improving in the national but his ill-timed injury set him back & now he seems to getting back on that gradual improvement track once again.
                I think it's mostly case of some folks having too much expectations from the kid..!
                Iranians having overly high expectations? You don't say

Comment

I didn't know he spoke such good English. Thank God he doesn't have that stupid typical Persian accent that's very zayeh too.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                    He worked very hard in the game against India. When everyone else was looking lethargic and unable to score, he was cutting in from the right side, and dangerous the whole match. Add that to him putting his face on the line to draw the penalty for our first goal, as well as doing a sweet dribble into the box later in the game and scoring, he was the best player that match.
                    I know you'll like say, "but, but it's India!"
                    You asked for a game where he shone and I gave it to you. India isn't great, but nobody else was really working as hard as he was in that game. India was also packing the box which is a frustrating game for any team. Jahanbakhsh showed his flashes of being a top-notch player who can do major damage to teams in that game. It happened to be against India, but his wing play was good. He's a good player, and frankly, I understand your question, but the guy plays in Dutch top-flight, won awards 2 seasons in a row, was the captain of our youth teams over Sardar, joined TM at a very young age and was taken to Brazil as really our only true youngster, and you "don't see what's so great about him?"
                    I think that's why you got so much backlash. The guy is something extremely special, and I think most of us know that. If you think any option that plays RW (Torabi, Amiri, etc.) have shown themselves to be any more reliable or consistent for TM, then tell me. The wing is a tough position to play, and Jahanbakhsh has always been a bother for teams on the wing since he joined. He is something special, and will get better. You need to look at the big picture when making claims like you don't see anything in a player.
                    It's a personal opinion, but the performance of alternative players, his resume, and the fact that he has had a few good games (remember his calm and world class through ball to Gucci for a break on goal against Argentina? He did that in his small time in the game against Argentina) should give you some insight into whether you have "seen" anything from him.
                    The guy has a deft touch, and honestly could be in a top 3 league before Sardar.
                    I'd hardly call one jackass who doesn't get the core concept of a forum as "backlash".

You're right he did have a decent game against India, he hustled a lot on the right flank. His goal was meh (he's not going to be able to dribble into the box that easily and score against higher quality opponents), but hopefully it gave him some confidence. Although like you said, it was just India. And I honestly don't remember that particular sequence against Argentina, but I do remember him being a surprising spark off the bench on the world's biggest stage. But for example in Asia cup, he didn't start, and when he did come on, he wasn't particularly effective. Or at least as far as i can remember, correct me if I'm wrong.

I know the guy is extremely special and talented, I've been following him since he moved to Holland with NEC and now with AZ. And I agree with you, he could make a top 3 league before Sardar, which I guess is why I (and I assume some others) have such high expectations for him. Hopefully he'll breakthrough and be even more impressive/consistent in the upcoming WCQs.

Comment

Yeah, I was referring to my own (slight) disappointment, not his performances. Hopefully it is just that he needed to get over the injuries and break into the starting 11 and what not. And you're absolutely right, probably more of a case of me having somewhat high expectations. But it's also a testament to the flashes of quality he's demostrated that people have such high hopes/expectations.

Comment

I will just be clear and say that he had a disappointing first season at AZ. Especially, when you compare it to his first season in the Eredivisie for NEC. He had some spectacular games there, against good teams. He also had games where he was totally invisible, but I noticed that his impact in goals is much lower this time. It could be due to his injury, who knows. If one is in denial about this, that's pretty delusional. I have high expectations because I believe he can do better, since I saw performances from him with high potential. Ajax, AZ, Argentina, just to name a few...

Comment

That is because AZ is much better team compare to NEC, he was dealing with some injuries too, so lets hope for a better season by him..

Comment

Behind the scenes of AZ TV during the Iran Kyrgyzstan game.

Comment

Interview with ARJB (Part 1): http://video.varzesh3.com/video/1175...D9%85%D8%AA-1)

Comment

in the offseason ARJ needs to primarily work on and improve his Technical skills to more effectively unsettle the opposing wing-backs and more easily and frequently get by his main man-marker ...!
                                in general, he has to become much more Inventive in his attacking approach on the wings..!!

for all his pluses as a player and his wonderful drive and professionalism and attitude, he is pretty average, and too irani-type one dimensional in his approach to beating his primary man-marker on the wings..!
                                This speed move or gholdory/semeji can only take you so far and for so long..!!
                                The great wingers are those who are much more creative in their attacking approach and boast Variety of technical skills in addition to pace and hustle, in order to get by their immediate markers and wreck havoc in opposition defenses and provide frequent quality service to their CForwards ..!

Comment

Working...
                                X