Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ AZ Alkmaar | 2015 - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
    Korean players are respectable specially SHM and KSY, but if you are referring to that particular player in Hajisafi team then he is a 19 years old green horn. We (Iranians) never claim Korean players are this or that as you do. That is going too far.
    Well sorry man sometimes I get pissed but all I want is for our players to be in those leagues as well. Look at Haji safi got given a chance and he will excel. I say German league is the best for Iran, look at Ali daei, Karimi and the legacy they left there. Hell even Schalke bought him back after UAE. We don't have a talent drought its just the High wages and fan base.

Comment

anyone have highlights from the match against zwolle that show JB chances?

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci10 View Post
        ... We don't have a talent drought its just the High wages and fan base.
        Not just that, add the lack of commitment, ambition, strong will, vision and goals in life to that list.
        That's the iranian mindset. Players like Jahanbakhsh, Hajisafi, Gucci are the exception.
        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
          Iran has always matched Japan and Korea in the numerous games they've played over the past 50 years. To use 1 game to try to prove a point is just stupid. I'm surprised you can't use your brain to realize this before saying someone else's argument is meaningless.
          What I wrote was just an example, and a continuation of my first post.
          Now back to your illusions!

You must live in a bubble. You can complicate this discussion as much as you want. We always have problems to beat Arab teams. And unfortunately, if you look back at history they have kicked us out from major international tournaments both at club and national level.

Japan is perhaps not as good as the used to be (the national team is not that successful, but their players in europe are)
          Iran is doing pretty ok now at national level (but I cant use the word successful). In europe our players are crap. One is not playing, another one is relegated, another one joined qatar league, a player did not like chinese food, another player said it was too cold to sit on the bench etc

Whether you like it or not TM is made up of a bunch of mediocre players. And asian football is even more mediocre. when was the last time we won a tournament? Asian cup? AFC?
          Iranian football is weak, you cant deny it because it is the simple truth. Some iranians cant even acknowledge their weaknesses so they continue the same meaningless path without progressing.

Reality check maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by koush22 View Post
            anyone have highlights from the match against zwolle that show JB chances?
            Not sure if the video is accessible outside of The Netherlands, but it is worth a try.

PEC Zwolle - AZ Alkmaar starts at 35:24 mark.

http://www.npo.nl/nos-studio-sport-e...5/POW_02982531

Comment

Originally posted by football.club View Post
              What I wrote was just an example, and a continuation of my first post.
              Now back to your illusions!
              You must live in a bubble. You can complicate this discussion as much as you want. We always have problems to beat Arab teams. And unfortunately, if you look back at history they have kicked us out from major international tournaments both at club and national level.
              Japan is perhaps not as good as the used to be (the national team is not that successful, but their players in europe are)
              Iran is doing pretty ok now at national level (but I cant use the word successful). In europe our players are crap. One is not playing, another one is relegated, another one joined qatar league, a player did not like chinese food, another player said it was too cold to sit on the bench etc
              Whether you like it or not TM is made up of a bunch of mediocre players. And asian football is even more mediocre. when was the last time we won a tournament? Asian cup? AFC?
              Iranian football is weak, you cant deny it because it is the simple truth. Some iranians cant even acknowledge their weaknesses so they continue the same meaningless path without progressing.
              Reality check maybe?
              But why did you completely ignore my point. Can you explain why over the past 50 years, whether we had a good generation or bad, good coach or bad coach, Iran is able to pretty much always at least match Japan or Korea in almost every single game? I don't think this is a historical fluke.

Being knocked out of the Asian cup happens in one game. It doesn't necessarily show that the other team is better and it's constantly been influenced by referrees and Iran being horrible at penalty shootouts. Do you think Iraq is better because they played with a man advantage for over 90 minutes and advanced because Iran sucks at penalties? That was the 4th of the last 6 times that Iran has been eliminated by penalties so simply being better at penalties could have changed the amount of Asian cups Iran has won. When you look at historical matchups and even recent results, Iran is superior to all Arab teams.

I know you're one of those people who think without queiroz we'd be at the level of Bangladesh or something and I don't like debating on the internet too much since people rarely change their views, so this will probably be my last post on the subject.

Comment

I missed the match but I watched the highlights I posted above.

Jahanbakhsh had a pretty good second half when he was playing on his best position RW. He should have had an assist if Janssen simply put his foot correctly to the ball since he missed a sitter for open net. Good to see that he played the full 90 minutes, expecting to see an improving Jahanbakhsh week by week from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  +1
                  Daei, Mahdavikia Karimi etc.. weren't more successful and famous than all these japanese/koreans playing in top european leagues and champions league. The only top clubs in which iranian clubs played was Bayern and they weren't successful there (Karimi maybe before the injury but that's all).

Yeah we outplayed Japan in a meaningless friendly at home but the final results was 1/1. And Japan NT was more successful and consistent than TM in the last 20 years.
                  Mahdavikia had the most assists in 2002-2003 Bundesliga season. He is easily one of the greatest players in Asia. But it's true that our players aren't that successful compared to Japanese and Koreans. When was the last time our players scored more than 10 goals in a season in the top leagues?

Japan
                  Kagawa - 13 goals in 2011/12 Bundesliga
                  Okazaki - 15 goals in 2014/15 Bundesliga
                  Okazaki - 13 goals in 2015/16 Bundesliga

Muto (Mainz) will be added to the list considering he has scored already 7 goals so far.

Korea
                  Son - 12 goals in 2012/13 Bundesliga
                  Son - 10 goals in 2013/14 Bundesliga
                  Son - 11 goals in 2014/15 Bundesliga

Tbh none of our current strikers will score double-digit goals in Bundesliga when our best striker has scored only 3 goals in Russia as of the end of round 18.

Comment

That's a bit unfair to Sardar. You are talking as if he plays every match or as if he is playing the entire 90 minutes in the game he does feature. Also, he is just 20.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                      That's a bit unfair to Sardar. You are talking as if he plays every match or as if he is playing the entire 90 minutes in the game he does feature. Also, he is just 20.
                      its also the Russian league where scoring anywhere from 5-10 goals a season is considered pretty good.
                      Hulk barely reaches around 15. Rondon barely made 15.
                      every league has different amounts of goals for top scorer.

somebody may score 12 goals in Bundesliga and another may score 6 or 7 in the Russian league but the player in RPL could be a better striker.
                      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                        This generation is maybe not as talented as the one in the era you mentioned but most of our youngsters and top players are talented enough to make it into 90% of the teams where Japanese and Korean players play.
                        this is not true because none of our youngsters have been able to crack the world's top 4 leagues, whereas the japanese and koreans have multiple players in those leagues. it's also BS that there's some anti-iranian bias because we've had players in all these leagues in the past. If anything, I think it's the opposite: I think it's easier than ever for iranian players to go abroad, and that we just don't have the right players for those leagues. all the players in netherlands, russia, greece, and English/Spanish 2nd divisions today, would have just played in iran 10-15 years ago.

just a guess though. im very frustrated by why iranian players have had so little impact in Europe since the mid-2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                          this is not true because none of our youngsters have been able to crack the world's top 4 leagues, whereas the japanese and koreans have multiple players in those leagues. it's also BS that there's some anti-iranian bias because we've had players in all these leagues in the past. If anything, I think it's the opposite: I think it's easier than ever for iranian players to go abroad, and that we just don't have the right players for those leagues. all the players in netherlands, russia, greece, and English/Spanish 2nd divisions today, would have just played in iran 10-15 years ago.

just a guess though. im very frustrated by why iranian players have had so little impact in Europe since the mid-2000s.
                          The reason our youngster aren't in the top 5 leagues is because unlike the japanese and Koreans, they don't give europe a chance.

The older members of TM like Hosseini and Dejagah are their role models. They show the youngsters coming through the ranks that you don't have to challenge yourself much to be considered a legend within Iranians. You can simply play in Qatar and enjoy the pay cheques, and Iranians will still adore you.

Comment

Many clubs look at Japanese, SK or even Brazilian players as trophy players to promote their brands in those countries. Currently Barcelona is on a tour in Japan.

Iran simply doesn't have the prospect, cool names or the connections needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Our players in IPL & Persian gulf leagues got some chances between 2006 and 2014.

Nekounam (Osasuna/La Liga)
                              Teymourian (Bolton/EPL)
                              Kaebi (Leicester/Championship)
                              Shojaei (Osasuna/La Liga)
                              Karimi (Schalke/Bundesliga)
                              Haghighi (Rubin Kazan/RPL)
                              Jahanbakhsh (NEC/Eredivisie)
                              Ansarifard (Osasuna/Segunda Division)
                              Azmoun (Rubin Kazan/RPL)

But Nekounam is the only player who became a fixed starter in competitive leagues. Even Jahanbakhsh isn't fully proven yet in Eredivisie. Our players need to prove their worth like Japanese and Koreans. Kagawa moved to Dortmund from the Japanese 2nd division and surprised the Germans. Honda was a key player at CSKA. Nagatomo was successful at a lower Serie A side and then bought by Inter. Now the Muto guy, who moved from Japan this summer is scoring a lot in Bundesliga. They keep impressing Euro clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                                Many clubs look at Japanese, SK or even Brazilian players as trophy players to promote their brands in those countries. Currently Barcelona is on a tour in Japan.

Iran simply doesn't have the prospect, cool names or the connections needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                                Barcelona is not on tour in Japan, they are there to play FIFA Club World Cup.
                                maa bachehaaye iroonim
                                hamishe irooni mimoonim
                                baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                                baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X