He came on vs Karlsruhe at half and now he just got scored on

How did the goal look like?

Comment

Karlsruhe tied it 2-2..

Comment

full game on youtube
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyicjBMVEAE

Comment

I think there was not much that he could do for both the goals. The 2nd was a very good strike from 20 yards and he shot very early which would have taken him by surprise.

The first was a good low cross which he couldn't have reached and the man at the back post had a tap in.

Comment

I never understood why Haghighi has his hands so low when the player is outside of the box. It's the wrong positioning. Neither goal was his fault, but it isn't an impressive showing either when you come on 2-0 and give up two goals.

Watch how Mignolet makes the same mistake. Starts at 5:00.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
              I never understood why Haghighi has his hands so low when the player is outside of the box. It's the wrong positioning. Neither goal was his fault, but it isn't an impressive showing either when you come on 2-0 and give up two goals.
              Watch how Mignolet makes the same mistake. Starts at 5:00.
              It's a mental mindset, for lower shots closer to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                It's a mental mindset, for lower shots closer to the ground.
                Yeah especially because he is a tall goal keeper, low shots are harder for him to save, I guess he does this to improve his chances for saving them
                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Neither goal was his fault, but it isn't an impressive showing either when you come on 2-0 and give up two goals.
                  Neither goal was his fault, but he was terribly slow on the first goal. The ball's half way across his net after the guy crossed it and he hasn't even turned yet - never mind moving across his goal line. Unfortunately, he has been struggling with these low crosses ever since the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                    Yeah especially because he is a tall goal keeper, low shots are harder for him to save, I guess he does this to improve his chances for saving them
                    He needs to improve it as from memory most TM goals against him were also scored high.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                      Neither goal was his fault, but he was terribly slow on the first goal. The ball's half way across his net after the guy crossed it and he hasn't even turned yet - never mind moving across his goal line. Unfortunately, he has been struggling with these low crosses ever since the WC.
                      I don't think he could have saved the first goal when the guy is about a meter away with a tap in. World class goalies have hard time making those saves. Shots outside of the box though you should save to be a starting goalie In a top European team.

Comment

I don't think he could have saved the first goal when the guy is about a meter away with a tap in. World class goalies have hard time making those saves. Shots outside of the box though you should save to be a starting goalie In a top European team.
                        Absolutely. 8 or 9 times out of 10 even the best goalies in the world would not make a save on that play. That's why I said it wasn't his fault. My concern was that he was very slow turning and moving across his goal line - regardless of whether he would have saved the ball or not. In those situations, sometimes you get lucky and the guy taps is right at you as you're aimlessly (and that's really what it is) throwing yourself across the net.

Comment

^You used to be a goalie, right? No wonder your analyses are on-point.
                          Proud 2b part of #TrotsRabbleDogs as a working class dog, Oz Corbynite & jaded republican.

"I'll always walk around like a Persian popinjay, and no one's gonna stop me, honey!"―Freddie Mercury.

Comment

"Haghighi - SECOND GOALKEEPERhttp://www.business-gazeta.ru/article/136241/

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                              Neither goals are his fault.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
                              X