Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This time last year, Lionel Messi cuts inside against Iran at the World Cup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time last year, Lionel Messi cuts inside against Iran at the World Cup...

CICr_LMWUAAwDFW.jpgCICsAj7WwAAkXQE.jpg

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/videos/...466/index.html
    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

I remember like yesterday
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

likely one of the biggest "what could have been" matches of our football history. if the penalty was given. if the shot had been blocked. if if if

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
        likely one of the biggest "what could have been" matches of our football history. if the penalty was given. if the shot had been blocked. if if if
        In some way I believe we got the best possible result we could have dreamed of.

Whether we had won or not, people now see Iran's football differently.

People's view on Iran's football team is now ''damn I give them respect!''
        But before that, it was ''LOL these guys have a football team?''

This is what changed on that day. Whether it was 0 - 1, 0 - 0, 1 - 1, or 1 - 0.

Comment

Why Javeed?

Why?

Comment

I already hated him before this game. But this made him my most hated player of all time.

Comment

Gucci trying to block Messi's left-footed shot with his left foot has the same chance of success as a boxer blocking a left hook with his left arm.

Comment

This time last year, we gained a lot of respect from the world..

Comment

"IRAN! IRAN! IRAN! IRAN! IRAN!"

They also have the best football fans in the world. Tied with Ireland and well, all of Africa.
                  We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

LOOOL this is so freaking sad. I see that it's the same on PFDC. More than 70% of my Iranian friends posted this goal on their FB as one year anniversary. How cute! Of course Javeed has to do it as well. It's been getting posted on PFDC for close to 50+ times ever since it happened. I appreciate good goals even from the opposition but knowing how the game went and how Iranians are over-obessed, it's kinda pissing me off. We should probably also have a one month anniversary for this goal.

How sad is it? Even Argentineans don't give a shit. I feel as if some Iranians are proud of sharing this to show they could have won it if it wasn't for the ref and how great Messi's goal was to defeat Iran. Get over it. We didn't even draw or win lol. Who knows what would have happened even if Nekounam got his PK and scored.

Comment

Sadness then .. .Pride every time I watch the match after on YouTube ...
                      We were UNLUCKY in so many aspects (in the second half)
                      We were also LUCKY in many other aspects ...

Best thing about the game ... the CONFIDENCE that squad got ... and it showed in future matches...
                      I remember when we couldn't make more than 4 passes in succession ...
                      The play that ended up with GUCCI Heading the ball for a good save from their goalie, was some World Class break-out football ...
                      PROBABLY the BEST highlight of SHOJAEI in a Team Melli shirt EVER ...

MESSI beat us with an amazing goal . His birthday is today ... watching him play the game is a blessing. Wishing him many more healthy and blessed days to come.

Comment

It looks like the Argentina game is going to be remembered for years to come.

On a side note, I was wondering if Russian conditions (climate) will suit TM more so than Brazilian conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We lost the game unjustly, but we did as mentioned already, earn a lot of respect around the World.

The 2 friendlies with Chile and Sweden were a direct result of our incredible performance against Argentina.

Comment

I don't think Chile would have considered playing against us if it wasn't for our performance at the World Cup. :P

Comment

Best football bet story I heard is Danish lad who bet 150K euros on Argentina to beat Iran in the World Cup at 4/7. Messi 93rd minute winner

Comment

Working...
                              X