Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking: Nekounam might come back from retirement to help TM and CQ

Javad Nekounam to Carlos Queiroz after a meeting with him:

''Everything said, I will accept whatever decision you make''.

It looks like Carlos Queiroz is keen to get Nekounam back in Team Melli as a player. El Capitano is coming back to help us in the WCQ..

https://twitter.com/ahdaafme/status/612200848760946693

https://twitter.com/ahdaafme/status/612202869807296512

https://twitter.com/IranSportsNews/s...28015452495872

Has the draw against Turkmenistan shaken CQ that much?

Comment

i think it is a wrong decision. let this team struggle its way out of the the group. it will be a learning experience for all. this team needs to find it "own" leader from within. let the maturation process take place
      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
        i think it is a wrong decision. let this team struggle its way out of the the group. it will be a learning experience for all. this team needs to find it "own" leader from within. let the maturation process take place
        With only 7 games left we need results.

I think it is a good call to let Nekounam back in since we really can't afford to drop a single point from now on.

The Turkmenistan tie was shocking, we need his leadership and experience. I always thought he could play 1-2 years more for Team Melli since he is still a quality player: he is our Andrea Pirlo.

Comment

How embarrassing if this does actually happen.

Comment

^^i do not know man, we were missing Ashkan, and few other too, it think we can do it with out javad
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

^^i do not know man, we were missing Ashkan, and few other too, it think we can do it with out javad
              We seriously don't need Javad in order to get through to the next stage. Javad is not the answer to CQ's tactical miscalculation against Turkmenistan and the players lack of concentration.

Comment

I can not believe I am saying this but it maybe a good Idea for a short period (6-9 months) not more.

With the current situation is going on inviting him back will help the team. CQ and Ando need Neko's help big time. Leadership is missing in the team atm. I just hope Neko's fitness be in good level. Neko had started to lose fitness but was still sharp on passing or finishing touch. Inviting him back for 6 more months doesn't hurt anyone specially now that Khosro and Masood are craps and Ando does not show any leadership quality in the pitch. I say bring back Neko, sit Gucci and Dejagah on the bench and send Masood and Khorso home for a while and this team can do wonders. Use JB/Amiri or JB/Hajsafi as wingers and Azmoun/Rezai up in front. We need a CMF (AMF) maybe Nariman Jahan, Hajsafi, Alisha,... for CB we should use Kanaani and Husseini and use Neko with Ando/PAG in DMF. RB Montazeri/Vouria and LB Beikzadeh for now until we find a young and fast LB (no more Hajsafi in LB). And please give Beiro some playing time in friendly or regular match.

Comment

Team Melli was lost without Nekounam during the Turkmenistan game...Andranik is not a true captain with all due respect. We need our legendary player to help us this campaign, we can't afford to make any mistake now especially with the sensitive Guam clash coming up.

I respect Nekounam a lot for coming back to TM.

Comment

Im all in for Nekou as an assistant but for him to back to play will simply show CQ badly and highlight desperation and panic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      Team Melli was lost without Nekounam during the Turkmenistan game...Andranik is not a true captain with all due respect. We need our legendary player to help us this campaign, we can't afford to make any mistake now especially with the sensitive Guam clash coming up.

I respect Nekounam a lot for coming back to TM.
                      The fact that we are saying this is worrying, why are we trembling already?

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
                        The fact that we are saying this is worrying, why are we trembling already?
                        Because we tied Turkfvckigmenistan.

We should take any opponent serious from now on.

Comment

Your idea is correct if this team plays more friendly matches to find a natural leader but just putting bunch of inexperienced young players in WCQs with minimum preparation won't give us any good result as we saw on Turkmenistan match. One more blimp like that and our team may be in danger of not qualifying for next round. WCQs are not place for experimenting as we have shown our new squad is not ready for this situation and the gaps between lower teams and usual Asian favorites are closing.

We knew the team was not right after Uzbekistan match and suggested
                          1. To not experiment with Khosro in MF
                          2. Shojai being in decline.
                          3. Hajsafi in LB is a recipe for disaster.

We even said long time ago about
                          4. the huge disadvantage QSL can have on people like Shojai, Dejagah, Pooladi, Gucci but who listened?.

Now we are suffering from Qatari disease, few injuries and a young squad playing with no plan and organization. We need to set the records straight at one point. Neko coming back can help the team if he is not injured or out of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            Because we tied Turkfvckigmenistan.

We should take any opponent serious from now on.
                            Yes we should, I hope the lads wake up but no need for Nekou *yet* and hopefully never.

Comment

Breaking: Nekounam might come back from retirement to help TM and CQ

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
                              We seriously don't need Javad in order to get through to the next stage. Javad is not the answer to CQ's tactical miscalculation against Turkmenistan and the players lack of concentration.
                              This.

I think it would be completely wrong if he comes back, but I doubt this will actually happen. What Jahandoost said is actually spot on, Javad is "not the answer" to our problems right now and his absence was certainly not the reason we have drawn Turkmenistan.

Comment

Working...
                              X