No announcement yet.

Iran allows women to watch volleyball - but not football, swimming or wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran allows women to watch volleyball - but not football, swimming or wrestling

Iran is to allow a limited number of women to attend volleyball games as part of a move to lift the ban on female spectators at sporting events, following an international outcry over the jailing of a British-Iranian woman who attempted to watch a match.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...medium=twitter
    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Progress. One small step for woman, one giant leap for womankind.

Comment

Originally posted by MesKerman341 View Post
      Progress. One small step for woman, one giant leap for womankind.
      You have a skewed definition of progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanmonton View Post
        You have a skewed definition of progress.
        Lol I'm just saying it's a start. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Comment

Lol I'm just saying it's a start. No need to get your panties in a bunch.
          Start of what?! You're like those people that say Rohani is the start of a new era blah blah. Meanwhile in the real world:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...i-Motshakkerim...

Comment

Originally posted by Vanmonton View Post
            Start of what?! You're like those people that say Rohani is the start of a new era blah blah. Meanwhile in the real world:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...i-Motshakkerim...
            Screw Rohani and everyone in that regime.

I just think women should be in stadiums.

Comment

Screw Rohani and everyone in that regime.

I just think women should be in stadiums.
              Amen to that. But these olaghs will give you an inch and take away a foot. They'll let women in today, but ban contraceptives the next day etc... So progress is the wrong word. After this tournament they'll ban women again.

Comment

A tweetstorm asking the Islamic regime of Iran to let women go to football matches = asking them to turn secular
                We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

You do know they have now again been banned for the volleyball matches, right? 500 tickets sold to women, but Islamists threatened and they banned women again.

Comment

could u imagine women in Azadi? the men would eat them alive

Our men are not yet ready to have women in our football stadiums
                    Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                    http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                    [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                    Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                      You do know they have now again been banned for the volleyball matches, right? 500 tickets sold to women, but Islamists threatened and they banned women again.
                      really? where did you hear this? as far as i know women can still go to the game

EDIT: never mind lol seems you are right....... its funny 400 hezbollahis protest and they suddenly change their minds and when 2 million ordinary people protest all they get is a spray of bullets

Comment

Originally posted by shayan_esteghlali View Post
                        could u imagine women in Azadi? the men would eat them alive

Our men are not yet ready to have women in our football stadiums

then those men that you are talking about should not be allowed to go and watch football if they are as fucked up as you make it sound out to be. Why should women be punshed because of mens behaviour

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                          Why should women be punshed because of mens behaviour
                          Bruuh, thats the basics of the Islamic republic right there..

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                            then those men that you are talking about should not be allowed to go and watch football if they are as fucked up as you make it sound out to be. Why should women be punshed because of mens behaviour
                            Its 90% of the men in Iran if not more, the reason is another long discussion which is cultural and due to the social problems prevalent in society, but i personally would not want any women i know to ever go to Azadi
                            Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                            http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                            [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                            Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by shayan_esteghlali View Post
                              Its 90% of the men in Iran if not more, the reason is another long discussion which is cultural and due to the social problems prevalent in society, but i personally would not want any women i know to ever go to Azadi
                              Than it makes even more sense to ban the men instead of the women.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X