Iman Mobali for Team Melli?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iman Mobali for Team Melli?

He had a re-birth with Naft this season and was instrumental in their successful campaign with notable creativity as well as highest number of assists in IPL. Not to mention his set pieces which are extremely dangerous. Probably his main limitation is his age and physical strength.

What's your opinion? does he deserve a chance at TM?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

The poll is expired.

He got invited I believe not this list but the one before, I think CQ has already seen enough of him to know he doesn't fit with his tactic. He has definately had an impressive season and is a threat for set pieces (which we relay heavily on) but Ando is also good at corners too. I personally would say no, I think he is 32 and since CAM is a position we desperately need options in, we should start focusing on a younger players to take over that position come the 2018 worldcup. I would doubt his form would carry for 3 more years, and our team needs to go through a transition stage.
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Hell no! He lost the ball so many times bro today.

Comment

One of the key to Naft's success this season along with Beiranvand.

He's the best Iranian set piece taker by far, even well above Ando and Ashkan, every single free kick and corner of his is dangerous. I vote yes he is a very good all around player who can definitely help in the WCQ

Comment

He passes and crosses are on point, and he has a deadly strike from back in the day. so why not?

Comment

I really believe he can help TM but it's of course ONLY the coach who decides and chooses his players.
            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
            We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

If we want to build a young squad for the World Cup 2018 then Mobali has no place in our team. I see no point in inviting him if we are already planning to drop 30+ players like Shojaei and Sadeghi. Mobali is definitely a good player for his team and Naft but I prefer a younger player in the squad because the chances of moving to Europe are much higher and it's for the long term planning overall.

Comment

Bring him on board until we find a good replacement for neko and shojai .

Comment

Yes and no.

Yes, because he deserves it since he's had a fantastic season in the league and in Asia. I would like to see him in Team Melli again as well.

No, because Carlos didn't invite him.

Comment

EDIT: accidentally voted yes but it's a no for me.

He was great this season for naft but we have more upcoming and promising midfielders who we'll benefit from more in the long run. Mobali's set pieces are definitely unmatched by anyone in TM currently, that nobody can deny but that in itself doesn't warrant an invite for him. He doesn't fit in with CQs tactics at all and tends to hold on to the ball for far too long instead of keeping it simple and making the easy passes.

I'd pick an in-form Soroush over him in a heart beat. Same goes for Ali Karimi of Sepahan.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

great player, but past his time for TM. we need players for world cup and he will be too old for 2018. great game today though!
                      Last edited by ArminSh; 05-27-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I think we should call up our best players regardless of age. There's a core that CQ has in mind (I assume) and they're untouchable. But we shouldn't bring in young players for the sake of bringing young players. We have to qualify for the wc first. Which won't be much of an issue in this first group stage, but the later rounds we need experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ofcourse! Mobali is like wine, it gets even better with age! Trust me i have the same background as him, and we got them good genes . It would be a waste if Quieroz refuses to invite him, we are in desperate need of a playmaker, and not only is Mobali the best we got, he's the only playmaker we have in Iran.

Comment

Mobali for team melli

Comment

We as a nation can't decide what we all want. First we demand CQ to insert new blood into TM and now he's trying to do that, then we complain why Mobali and Mamad Noori are not being invited.

Malom nist ba khodemon chand chandim

Comment

Working...
                              X