FIFA In Ruins After Police Raid!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this same president who welcomed the US and Swiss police a day before:

This is a difficult time for football, the fans and for FIFA as an organisation. We understand the disappointment that many have expressed and I know that the events of today will impact the way in which many people view us.

As unfortunate as these events are, it should be clear that we welcome the actions and the investigations by the US and Swiss authorities and believe that it will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken to root out any wrongdoing in football.

now has done a 360 turn and condemns their involvement:

http://news.yahoo.com/blatter-hits-u...7870--sow.html

"Sepp Blatter has said that the events in the run-up to his re-election as FIFA president "do not smell right" and he was the victim of "hate" on the part of European soccer's governing body UEFA."
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'm glad the masks are finally coming off these asshole's faces.

Comment

With the investigation in full swing and UEFA initiating the boycotts, my prediction for the 2022 Final is inching closer to reality:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...-qatar-in-2022
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

their is so much money can buy, before the corruption starts to rot so bad that even corrupt people will begin to wonder when it will all end! This is the case of FIFA and awarding the WC to rights to Qatar and Russia! It smells so bad that not enough soil can cover the stench of foul play in the grandest scale!.... I really hope FIFA comes to it senses reconsiders Qatar and awards it to Australia.....

Comment

their is so much money can buy, before the corruption starts to rot so bad that even corrupt people will begin to wonder when it will all end! This is the case of FIFA and awarding the WC to rights to Qatar and Russia! It smells so bad that not enough soil can cover the stench of foul play in the grandest scale!.... I really hope FIFA comes to it senses reconsiders Qatar and awards it to Australia.....

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/blatter...5772--sow.html

"South African Football Association president Danny Jordaan confirmed on Sunday that the organising committee made a payment of $10 million in 2008, but insisted this was not a bribe."

If this were Iran, we would be slapped with a 5 year suspension.
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Former Soccer Australia President David Hill discusses the FIFA investigation and says the arrests are just the tip of the iceberg. He speaks to Bloomberg’s Rishaad Salamat on “Trending Business.” (Source: Bloomberg)

"Won’t See Clean Up of FIFA Until Blatter Goes: Hill"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...tter-goes-hill

Prince Ali's interview with Christian Ammanpour

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/01/wo...ali/index.html

Prince Ali: 'I would have immediately resigned' if in Blatter's position

CNN)Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan, who failed in his attempt on Friday to unseat embattled FIFA President Sepp Blatter, told CNN on Monday he would have "immediately resigned" if in Blatter's position.

"He is responsible, and I hope that at some stage he actually does take responsibility for actions. Because he is the president of a governing body of the most popular sport in the world," he told Christiane Amanpour in an exclusive interview.

Had he been president, he said, he probably would have stepped down "ages ago," because "at the end of the day this happened under his watch."

Blatter has not been accused of any wrongdoing. But the longtime FIFA president has come under renewed scrutiny a week after dual corruption investigations were launched into his organization and the U.S. indicted 14 current and former executives.

He was re-elected for a fifth term on Friday by FIFA's 209 voting members. Prince Ali conceded the election after the first round of voting.

"FIFA acts in a way sort of like a company, rather than a service organization, which it is," Prince Ali said. "It's supposed to be a nonprofit."

"And also they sort of drip feed aid to countries but without helping them and giving them the dignity and helping them progress in the world of football." Until last week, Prince Ali was a vice president of FIFA.

He told Amanpour that while he will "always be involved" in football, and support change in the organization, he does not know whether he would run for the presidency again.

"The genuine feeling among member associations and among the footballing world is that for sure, there needs to be a change."

Comment

Top FIFA deputy Jerome Valcke behind $10 million in payments

All day, all day, watch them all fall down
                  All day, all day, Domino dancing

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/...or-$10m-payoff

U.S. authorities say FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke allegedly made $10 million in payments at the centre of the scandal sweeping through world football's governing body, according to the New York Times.

Valcke, who denied culpability to the Times and has not been charged, is FIFA's highest non-elected official and would be the top figure yet targeted in an investigation that has already seen two sitting vice presidents and a dozen others connected to the game indicted on federal charges including bribery, racketeering and money laundering.

In announcing the indictments, prosecutors mentioned an unidentified "high-ranking FIFA official" who "caused" $10 million to be transferred from FIFA to former vice president Jack Warner in 2008. Law enforcement officials told the New York Times they believe that official to be Valcke.

FIFA spokesperson spokeswoman Delia Fischer told the Times that the chairman of the finance committee at the time, the late Julio Grondona, authorised Warner's payment, but that the payment was "executed in accordance with the Organisation Regulations," which Valcke follows as part of his duties in charge of FIFA's finances.

The indictment said the payments to Warner were in exchange for votes for South Africa to host the 2010 World Cup. But when South Africa's football federation were unable to pay the bribe, FIFA delivered the amount to Warner instead. South African officials have denied these claims.

When asked last week whether he was the unidentified official behind Warner's payment, newly re-elected FIFA pres Sepp Blatter said: "Definitely that is not me. I have no $10 million."

Valcke is a long-time ally of Blatter's, and the pair celebrated together after the Swiss won re-election at the FIFA Congress on Friday.

In 2006, Valcke was fired as FIFA's marketing director after an American judge ruled that he lied in negotiations with credit card companies on a sponsorship deal. But after FIFA settled with MasterCard, Blatter appointed Valcke as secretary general.

Earlier on Monday, Valcke cancelled his planned trip to represent FIFA at the Women's World Cup in Canada, which begins this weekend.

"It is important that he attend to matters at FIFA's headquarters in Zurich," Fischer said.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Bribery Inquiry Drawing Closer to FIFA’s President, Sepp Blatter

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/sp...gtype=Homepage

seems like Blatter wanted to win the election just to have control over the information .....

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      All day, all day, watch them all fall down

If it took less than a week to implicate Valcke, Humpty Dumpty's about to have his fall. Run Humpty, Run!

Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run,
                      Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run.
                      You better make your face up in
                      Your favorite disguise.
                      With your button down lips and your
                      Roller blind eyes.
                      With your empty smile
                      And your hungry heart.
                      Feel the bile rising from your guilty past.
                      With your nerves in tatters
                      When the cockleshell shatters
                      And the hammers batter
                      Down the door.
                      You'd better run.

Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run,
                      Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run.
                      You better run all day
                      And run all night.
                      Keep your dirty feelings
                      Deep inside.
                      And if you're taking your girlfriend
                      Out tonight
                      You'd better park the car
                      Well out of sight.
                      Cause if they catch you in the back seat
                      Trying to pick her locks,
                      They're gonna send you back to mother
                      In a cardboard box.
                      You better run.

Comment

BREAKING: FIFA President Sepp Blatter says he will resign from his position amid corruption scandal!

Comment

LOL all that gondeh goozi and he finally runs like a little bitch. 2022 is next.

Surely he new revealing his connection to the arab bribe was just a matter of time.

Comment

YESSSSSS

bye bye blaster, don't let the door hit you on the way out!
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

There you go. Bye bye World Cup Russia. So predictable.
                              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Who will replace him? That Arab prince?

Comment

Working...
                                X