Azadegan 2015-16 (NEW LEAGUE FORMAT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azadegan 2015-16 (NEW LEAGUE FORMAT)

Taj announced that next year Azadegan League will be carried out with a new format, similar to the English system. 22 teams in one group, instead of the whole confusing A and B format, a great and professional move. Taj said he is happy with the reception of Azadegan League in shahrestanha, and has similar reception to PGPL. Now next step is FULLY PROFESSIONALISING Lig 2 and Lig 3 and making it into a one group format as well, because I believe there are 50+ teams in both divisions right now, which brings down the competitiveness in every league from Lig 2 to the bottom Provincial Leagues, hopefully this is a start of something new . On a side note, PGPL will remain with 16 teams next year.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=218236

Also Mes Kerman has qualified for the PGPL play-off

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=218237

Comment

Good move. Is there any requirements for Azadegan team to use for example minimum five U21 players?
      Team Melli - Traxtor - Barcelona

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
        Also Mes Kerman has qualified for the PGPL play-off

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=218237
        It would be good to see a team from Kerman back in the IPL.
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

It's very good that they are going to make the league into 1 group. But 22 teams is way too much. Every season there are teams that basically run out of money and resources so they can't continue to play or just force it. with 22 teams, some of the teams are going to have a hard time paying for all the travel etc. A better solution would be to make Azadegan 18-20 teams and IPL 18 teams again.

Comment

dafaq happened to ma niggas(siapooshaneh) Abumoslem..!??

gotten closer to IPL or hanoooz in soghoot..??

Comment

Taj announced that next year Azadegan League will be carried out with a new format, similar to the English system. 22 teams in one group, instead of the whole confusing A and B format, a great and professional move. Taj said he is happy with the reception of Azadegan League in shahrestanha, and has similar reception to PGPL. Now next step is FULLY PROFESSIONALISING Lig 2 and Lig 3 and making it into a one group format as well, because I believe there are 50+ teams in both divisions right now, which brings down the competitiveness in every league from Lig 2 to the bottom Provincial Leagues, hopefully this is a start of something new . On a side note, PGPL will remain with 16 teams next year.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=218236
              Looks like CQs advice is finally trickling down ....

Comment

Siah Jamegan promoted to PGPL, Mashhad will have two representatives in the league next year. Expect many Mashhadi's to abandon Padide as Siah Jamegan its pretty much Abomooslems little brother.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=218460

Also Mes Kerman will play Mes Rafsanjan to see who plays the 14th place PGPL team

Comment

A Siah Jamehan fan passed away due to heart attack after Siah Jamegan promoted to PGPL

http://90tv.ir/news/92369/%D8%AF%D8%...B1%D8%AA%D8%B1

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                    A Siah Jamehan fan passed away due to heart attack after Siah Jamegan promoted to PGPL

http://90tv.ir/news/92369/%D8%AF%D8%...B1%D8%AA%D8%B1
                    Pretty sad news[emoji47]

On the other hand, this team I've never heard seems to have fans that actually care about their team. There are not many Tehrani fans that would bother to show up at azadi during IPL matches. This could be a nice change to see some fans in IPL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this is good news, give credit when credit is due. they are gradually making the right changes. look how competitive is our league now and how organized it is with 16 teams!

they should make similar changes to league 1 and 2 as well to make them competitive.

one of the changes that I would like to see is allow no Foreign players in any league other than IPL, and anyone who wants to play in lower leagues have to have IPL experience. just like in italy.

so you can't just go and play in lower league you need to have some IPL experience as well
                      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        Pretty sad news[emoji47]

On the other hand, this team I've never heard seems to have fans that actually care about their team. There are not many Tehrani fans that would bother to show up at azadi during IPL matches. This could be a nice change to see some fans in IPL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        They aren't actually fans of the team, well they are but at the same time they aren't. In 2011 Siah Jamegan was formed out of Abomooslem, the most popular club in eastern Iran, who arguebly had the 4th most supporters behind tractor, persepolis and esteghlal. Now they are in the second division (third tier) and Siah Jamegan is pretty much Abomooslem 2.0 so thats why they have such heavy support, the club was the same colours, kits... etc. Also their full name is Siah Jamegan Abomoolsem Sports and Culture Club. What I don't understand that pretty easily, Abomooslem and Siah Jamegan could merge and the more historical Abomooslem would play in the league next year with double the support of Siah Jamegan, because their are some very stubborn Abomoolsem fans that refuse to support Siah Jamegan. Also this spells bad news for Padide as their support will drop enormously next year, fortunately for them their own 18,000 seat stadium will be completed by then so that should attract some extra supporters.

Comment

Great move by the federation. Always liked Taj, seems to be the one always pushing for progress in our football in various areas.

This move will make it more competitive and far less confusing as to how teams can advance. Looks to be very similar to the English championship which has 22 teams as well if I'm not mistaken?

It would be good to see Mes Kerman back in the PGL I felt bad for them when they relegated, used to be a very good PGL team.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Foolad Novin 1 - 0 Siah Jamegan - Foolad become league champions

Mes Rafsanjan 0 - 0 Mes Kerman - first leg of promotion play off, second leg to be played on Tuesday

Taj confirms Azadegan League will future a 20 team, one group format next year

Comment

Foolad Novin 1 - 0 Siah Jamegan - Foolad become league champions

Mes Rafsanjan 0 - 0 Mes Kerman - first leg of promotion play off, second leg to be played on Tuesday

Taj confirms Azadegan League will future a 20 team, one group format next year
                              20 Teams Yes but one group has not been decided. 0ne group of 20 is so stupid and unpractical.
                              It mean poor teams of Lig 1 have to play 38 games per season in addition to playoff. They can not do that financially.

More likely 2 group of 10. It should have been 2 group of 12.

Comment

Working...
                              X