No announcement yet.

Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the main players for Iraq team that have been called up. they usually play 4-2-3-1

GK: Jalal Hassan, plays in Iraqi league. not a great goalie but experienced, we must have shots on target.

LB: Ali Adnan. plays in MLS, one of the best players in that league at a per position basis. strong overall player for asian standards and is good going forward with the ball. we should throw a combo of Gholi and a fresh JB to keep him on his feet

CBs: Ahmed Ibrahim, 6'3 defender. played against Tractor in ACL lately. other CB is Atia i believe, 6'2. so 2 big defenders

RB: alaa mhawi, played in second leg against esteghlal in ACL. I dont know much about him. how did Ghaedi do?

This is where it gets hard, their DM/CM duo of Attwan, and Safaa Hadi destroyed us in 2019 AFC and last WCQ game. they are both young and have good stamina. hopefully Ezza helps here

RW- humam tariq, we know this guy from years at esteghlal

CAM - bashar resan, former persepolis star

LW - Abdul Zahra, veteran and captain

ST- mohanad ali. most dangerous player. 16 goals in 32 games for Iraq.

lineup could be different but that is most of their key players. they are strongest at CM/DM position, where they have controlled game past 2 times. overall a solid team, wont be easy in a must win situation. we cant go into game buddy buddy with resan and tariq cause they are some of our players friends, iraqis dont see us as friends, ever
    Also wanted to add our recent history of results against Iraq
    • 2015 friendly, 1-0 iran win
    • 2015 Asian cup, 3-3 draw, iraq advance on PKs
    • 2017 friendly, 1-0 iraq win
    • 2019 Asian cup, 0-0
    • 2019 WCQ 2022 game, 2-1 Iraq win

so 1 win, 2 draws, 2 loss for Iran. or 1 win, 1 draw, 3 losses if you include 2015 Asian cup as loss

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
      Here are the main players for Iraq team that have been called up. they usually play 4-2-3-1

GK: Jalal Hassan, plays in Iraqi league. not a great goalie but experienced, we must have shots on target.

LB: Ali Adnan. plays in MLS, one of the best players in that league at a per position basis. strong overall player for asian standards and is good going forward with the ball. we should throw a combo of Gholi and a fresh JB to keep him on his feet

CBs: Ahmed Ibrahim, 6'3 defender. played against Tractor in ACL lately. other CB is Atia i believe, 6'2. so 2 big defenders

RB: alaa mhawi, played in second leg against esteghlal in ACL. I dont know much about him. how did Ghaedi do?

This is where it gets hard, their DM/CM duo of Attwan, and Safaa Hadi destroyed us in 2019 AFC and last WCQ game. they are both young and have good stamina. hopefully Ezza helps here

RW- humam tariq, we know this guy from years at esteghlal

CAM - bashar resan, former persepolis star

LW - Abdul Zahra, veteran and captain

ST- mohanad ali. most dangerous player. 16 goals in 32 games for Iraq.

lineup could be different but that is most of their key players. they are strongest at CM/DM position, where they have controlled game past 2 times. overall a solid team, wont be easy in a must win situation. we cant go into game buddy buddy with resan and tariq cause they are some of our players friends, iraqis dont see us as friends, ever
      Also wanted to add our recent history of results against Iraq
      • 2015 friendly, 1-0 iran win
      • 2015 Asian cup, 3-3 draw, iraq advance on PKs
      • 2017 friendly, 1-0 iraq win
      • 2019 Asian cup, 0-0
      • 2019 WCQ 2022 game, 2-1 Iraq win

so 1 win, 2 draws, 2 loss for Iran. or 1 win, 1 draw, 3 losses if you include 2015 Asian cup as loss
      Would like to point out that the GK, Jalal Hassan, is the same GK from the 2015 AFC game that resulted in Pooladi getitng a red card on the 43rd minute. It's time for payback. He was subbed in during the first game when the starting Iraqi GK was injured and had to get subbed out.

Comment

We have to note that Iraq and Bahrain have a few players on yellow cards.

Bahrain:
        Ali Haram Forward 20caps
        Jassim Al Shaikh midfielder 27caps
        Ahmaed Abdulla Ali wingback 26 caps.

Iraq:
        Mohanad Ali Forward 32 caps 16 goals scored
        Saad Natiq Centerback 29 caps.
        Alaa Mhawi Right back 44 caps
        Amjad Attwan CDM 51 caps.

As you can see Iraq has some of their big game players on cards.

Comment

Without surprise, Bahrain stadium has a terrible pitch

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Without surprise, Bahrain stadium has a terrible pitch
            Don't tell that to Iranian football fans on instagram - they think Bahrain has world class facilities and we should be happy Bahrain is hosting.

Comment

Ali Adnan is probably the best left back in Asia right now... Our right winger will need to really be on top of his game. In order to beat Iraq you have to match their physicality without losing your temper. Cool, calm, collected football and realize that even though Iraq has some good players, they are very beatable with good preparations and tactics along with the superior talent of our own players.

Comment

^ Ali Adnan is a very physical and aggressive left back who goes the extra mile vs. Iran. I know you said “probably”, but I wouldn’t put him over Nagatomo, Hong Chul or even Aziz Behich in Asia. I’d say he’s at the same level as Mohammadi defensively. Not being biased because we’re rivals. When he was at Udinese he was better. Not sure how he is now. A year and half is not a short time for players to progress/digress.

My ultimate point is, yes he will be a big pain in the ass for us. But I’ve also seen Sardar and Mehdi bullied by bigger Russians/Portuguese players this season. Iraq as a team have gotten a lot better. But we have to also consider where players of both Iran/Iraq have been (progressed/digressed) in the last the year and half. As you said if we are prepared I believe we will defeat Iraq.

Comment

bahrain will play all 3 of their games in same stadium

iran will play first 3 games in 3 different stadiums

Comment

^ Bahrain goh khahad khord.

Comment

Is VAR used in these qualifiers?
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                        Is VAR used in these qualifiers?
                        Why do the World Cup 2022 qualification matches not have VAR?
                        Because not all stadiums used for World Cup qualifiers have supplied with goal-line technology, it was agreed that it would be unfair if the systems were used in some venues and not for others.

The sport's governing bodies decided that no qualifiers would be using the technology in a move to ensure fairness throughout the qualification stages.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Rogic and Mooy not in australia squad. Kuwait can cause an upset which would all but eliminate us if we tie bahrain or iraq. phillipines star goalkeeper is also out which means no chance of another draw vs china.

Comment

link to bahrain game please

Comment

https://youtu.be/11tNTqfM-6A

Comment

Results we want today

Bahrain not winning too much
                                UAE not winning. Draw being the best
                                Palestine not loosing. Winning Will be the Best
                                Australia beating Kuwait

Comment

Working...